• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #12: the law of the victory, is courage and hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member

This man really think Midha’s character writing is ‘on point’. :skully Bro I literally can’t name half the cast of villains or heroes. That’s how forgettable they are.
how does this guy have good enough taste to cite HxH and fma and then immediately jump to mha?

jjk is easily the best of the new gen shounen anyways

GUESS WHAT DAY IT IS

IMG_9842.webp

El Hermano

Acclaimed
Can’t wait for this movie to drop Endgame down to third place in the box office
Most likely. It's going to be just pure visual orgasm. It's still kinda hard for me to get over the fact that just like the first movie, it's probably going to be very mediocre writing wise. Hopefully this time around I could appreciate the visual spectacle that it should be more than I did with the first movie.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Unless Cameron is going to give some actual depth and complexity to the setting and not just recycle dances with wolves IN SPACE again I am not going to bother.

El Hermano

Acclaimed
Unless Cameron is going to give some actual depth and complexity to the setting and not just recycle dances with wolves IN SPACE again I am not going to bother.
Fair enough. I was on the same boat but it does look very visually appealing, it makes me kinda curious what big visual spectacles they might be be keeping out of the trailer. But obviously, I'm going to hold my horses and give it a couple of weeks before I go see it(if at all).
Will it really surpass endgame? Like who gives a fuck about Avatar now in comparison to when it first came out
People will care if it's going to be the visual breakthrough It promises to be. I can see it grossing about 1bil in China alone. Also, definitely going to have some crazy marketing campaigns in the next few months. They put too much money into this franchise to not shove it down everyone's throat.

I admittedly shit talked the sequels in the past but I just have this feeling this shit is going to blow up and provide with a good experience as long as you know what to expect. Hint: It's definitely not the writing :skully

I think Avatar was/is made solely with the cinematic experience in mind, specifically shit like IMAX, and would probably be very underwhelming if you watched it on your TV screen/PC monitor. There was definitely some serious love and passion put into it by Cameron.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Will it really surpass endgame? Like who gives a fuck about Avatar now in comparison to when it first came out
Well if it does, then it will shut down any arguments people made that Avatar wasn’t a revolutionary movie

even though it’s CGI was amazing and somehow aged better than MCU CGI despite being older

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Fair enough. I was on the same boat but it does look very visually appealing, it makes me kinda curious what big visual spectacles they might be be keeping out of the trailer. But obviously, I'm going to hold my horses and give it a couple of weeks before I go see it(if at all).

People will care if it's going to be the visual breakthrough It promises to be. I can see it grossing about 1bil in China alone. Also, definitely going to have some crazy marketing campaigns in the next few months. They put too much money into this franchise to not shove it down everyone's throat.

I admittedly shit talked the sequels in the past but I just have this feeling this shit is going to blow up and provide with a good experience as long as you know what to expect. Hint: It's definitely not the writing :skully

I think Avatar was/is made solely with the cinematic experience in mind, specifically shit like IMAX, and would probably be very underwhelming if you watched it on your TV screen/PC monitor. There was definitely some serious love and passion put into it by Cameron.
Eh considering how badly China is taking it's coof threat or the way it has been banning movies from the west it may not even be screened in the country. And you can only shove your visual effects far enough until it gets to the point that people need something more to draw them in since to many people, films like Black Panther with Shitty CGI look "good" enough. Most normies do not really care or see the difference in how much better CGI looks compared to the other and it's been more than a decade since Avatar hit the screen and most people have to say about it is "eh preachy environmentalist film with pretty effects" which does not inspire much reason to watch it again or pay attention to it from younger generations who have even less attachment to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back