• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #12: the law of the victory, is courage and hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Hermano

Acclaimed
Eh considering how badly China is taking it's coof threat or the way it has been banning movies from the west it may not even be screened in the country. And you can only shove your visual effects far enough until it gets to the point that people need something more to draw them in since to many people, films like Black Panther with Shitty CGI look "good" enough. Most normies do not really care or see the difference in how much better CGI looks compared to the other and it's been more than a decade since Avatar hit the screen and most people have to say about it is "eh preachy environmentalist film with pretty effects" which does not inspire much reason to watch it again or pay attention to it from younger generations who have even less attachment to it.
There's still time until it releases so who knows.

That's the point - if shitty CGI movies like Black Panther look "good enough" something on a far higher caliber, with much more emphasis and passion on its visuals has the potential to look jaw droppingly good and be more of an experience than an actual movie, which is one of the main reasons the first movie found so much success despite the writing that everyone pretty much agreed was lacking and forgettable.

I've seen plenty of people get excited for it after the teaser release. If the movie delivers on what people expect to be ground-breaking visuals people will flock to theaters to watch it.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
There's still time until it releases so who knows.

That's the point - if shitty CGI movies like Black Panther look "good enough" something on a far higher caliber, with much more emphasis and passion on its visuals has the potential to look jaw droppingly good and be more of an experience than an actual movie, which is one of the main reasons the first movie found so much success despite the writing that everyone pretty much agreed was lacking and forgettable.
See the issue is most people don't care if it looks "better", they just think anything nowadays looks good in CGI unless its done so badly it is noticeable. Avatar 2 can look the best it ever will and it still will not look any better than the usual stuff normies see in theaters nowadays. CGI has become so common place in this day and age it no longer has the same impact.
I've seen plenty of people get excited for it after the teaser release. If the movie delivers on what people expect to be ground-breaking visuals people will flock to theaters to watch it.
People on comments get excited for anything nowadays. Unless the previews drop the bomb so badly it becomes infamous like the BF 5 trailer, most people will just say "oh looks cool can't wait" and leave it at that. Unless Avatar 2 pulls something interesting in the story or marketing to catch people's attention I don't see it reaching the same hype the first one did.

El Hermano

Acclaimed
See the issue is most people don't care if it looks "better", they just think anything nowadays looks good in CGI unless its done so badly it is noticeable. Avatar 2 can look the best it ever will and it still will not look any better than the usual stuff normies see in theaters nowadays. CGI has become so common place in this day and age it no longer has the same impact.

People on comments get excited for anything nowadays. Unless the previews drop the bomb so badly it becomes infamous like the BF 5 trailer, most people will just say "oh looks cool can't wait" and leave it at that. Unless Avatar 2 pulls something interesting in the story or marketing to catch people's attention I don't see it reaching the same hype the first one did.
I think the whole point of Avatar 2 and the franchise in general is to create a notably different, much higher level CGI experience that people could actually appreciate by making it stand out from all the other garbage they've been fed in the past decade.

I'm actually expecting a big surprise for how good it's going to look. I highly doubt it took Cameron so long and was given so much time and funding without having something serious up his sleeve to justify it. But who knows? Only time will tell.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
I think the whole point of Avatar 2 and the franchise in general is to create a notably different, much higher level CGI experience that people could actually appreciate by making it stand out from all the other garbage they've been fed in the past decade.

I'm actually expecting a big surprise for how good it's going to look. I highly doubt it took Cameron so long and was given so much time and funding without having something serious up his sleeve to justify it. But who knows? Only time will tell.
i haven't read much on the movie but I do remember Cameron saying he developed new technology for filming underwater or something

El Hermano

Acclaimed
I also think one of the reasons Cameron held off so long aside from the techonological aspect is that he knew and could pretty much see from miles ahead the insane influx in superhero movies and let everyone be fed shit CGI before he pulled up with something that will make these insanely expensive and successful blockbusters look like a floating turd, visually speaking.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Cameron had the idea for Avatar back in 1999, he just didn’t act on the film then because of the technology

he’s definitely been holding out

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
@Blade Kubo finally answered a question that you may get hyped for in the future

Grimmjow could actually get some gains in the timeskip the next time we see him :mjpls

i keep up with the kubo verse, lad

you think i wouldn't know this, lol

not to mention

grimmjow got an r2 state, since the bleach mobile game, kubo pmuch officially confirmed it this time

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
>Max doing rate the super for tekken 7
>gives some chick with knives and a rocket launcher a 10/10
>gives rashomon, raging storm, and deadly rave, 6 out of 10

This man has so much fucking shit taste its unreal
???????
i thought he's a kof fan and thought the geese reveal was hype as fuck, how could he not like his supers? they're perfect

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
also, mcu should had ended with the endgame movie but done right, as i said before, for a final crossover movie, it was so weak, both plot, impact, ost and choreo wise

overall, the caped hero genre is overrated and needs to be halted, other movie genres need to be updated too

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
as i was replaying the best yyh ps2 fighting game, now i found a video to explain what i want to say

27:20 - 30:24

well

in the story mode

it expands the final arc, with various good info, like an example

yusuke becoming again mazoku yusuke [post-sensui fight] to fight against raizen, raizen casually stomps and even tanks the best attacks from that yusuke and only loses cuz of the usual lore of the series, it give us basically an estimation that even weakened raizen could still handle a transformed yusuke, easily, so strong he was

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
daa1a0c3-22aa-44be-a6fa-a5341f56cd7f-ff14-1.jpg

final-fantasy-14-endwalker-xbox.jpeg

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
>Mha having great character writing

Most people wouldn't even be able to name most of class Npc unless they looked up a wiki article :mjlol.

Mha as a whole peaked at Kamino ward with a slight resurgence with Endeavor vs high end. Those chapters leading up to All Might's last fight was quality material. It made everything worth it to see All Might shit on the death flags he was getting and thought would happen, beat Afo again and use his muscle form to raise his fist in another hard earned victory. Shit was satisfying, now if only his student took some of that lvl of quality and satisfaction :skully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back