• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #12: the law of the victory, is courage and hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
8-E9-A5992-9-EDF-4-E48-AFB6-80686-E44-D7-DF.jpg
The soijack emotes made from this are golden.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Is Medaka Box worth reading?
The first arc to Jet black bride is good but it kinda falls apart in the last part of the series with Medaka’s other father. Mostly cause of character bloat.

I say watch Monogatari its made by the same author and is better than Medaka Box. The anime is incredibly well done as well.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The first arc to Jet black bride is good but it kinda falls apart in the last part of the series with Medaka’s other father. Mostly cause of character bloat.

I say watch Monogatari its made by the same author and is better than Medaka Box. The anime is incredibly well done as well.
Hmm I'll give both a read at some point.

I certainly wouldn't be one to judge an author because one otherwise good series, had a sub-par ending. Rosario's ending wasn't exactly stellar either. As long as it's not straight up unreadable "Bleach/Naruto/NNT" levels of bad last arc, it should be fine. :maybe

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Hmm I'll give both a read at some point.

I certainly wouldn't be one to judge an author because one otherwise good series, had a sub-par ending. Rosario's ending wasn't exactly stellar either. As long as it's not straight up unreadable "Bleach/Naruto/NNT" levels of bad last arc, it should be fine. :maybe
I wouldn’t call the ending subpar. It’s just that by the end most of the main cast in the first arc been pushed to the side.

(Why did you have to sideline Akune and Kikaijima Nisio Isin!)

Also for Monogatari you might get confused by how many seasons and watch orders they are. But do what I did and just watch in the order the seasons come out. It might not be in chronogical order but I thinks it’s more interesting and better experience to start media res for Monogatari.

Also beware that Monogatari has well a lot of weird sexual moments. I mean this is the anime with the infamous toothbrush scene. So if you don’t really like that kind of stuff this probably isn’t the series for you.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
This reminds me that I should start watching Monogatari again. I stopped at the Nadeko Medusa arc in Monogatari Second Season because for some reason the pirate sites I used had an episode missing from the season which left the arc incomplete. So if anyone knows where I can find a full version of the Nadeko Medusa arc that’d be great.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Also for Monogatari you might get confused by how many seasons and watch orders they are. But do what I did and just watch in the order the seasons come out. It might not be in chronogical order but I thinks it’s more interesting and better experience to start media res for Monogatari.
Well I found the Light Novel to read online (at least the 1st one), I assume it would be best to start with those if possible since they're the original source?

At least that's the way I've always viewed that type of thing, that's why I'm currently going through the Fate Stay Night Visual Novel before I watch anymore of the animes/movies (I have seen the original series 'cause I didn't know about the Visual Novel at the time).

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Well I found the Light Novel to read online (at least the 1st one), I assume it would be best to start with those if possible since they're the original source?

At least that's the way I've always viewed that type of thing, that's why I'm currently going through the Fate Stay Night Visual Novel before I watch anymore of the animes/movies (I have seen the original series 'cause I didn't know about the Visual Novel at the time).
Oh if you want to start with the LN’s than that is great. Though Yen Press’s translation does do some weird translations like translating Ononoki’s nickname for Araragi “Oni-oniichan” as Kind Monster Sir instead of Demon Big Brother. I just thought you going to watch the anime. Though there really isn’t a difference between the two. Shaft was amazing at adapting the lns.

It’s not like the anime adaptations of F/SN which take away most of the character from the characters.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Oh if you want to start with the LN’s than that is great. Though Yen Press’s translation does do some weird translations like translating Ononoki’s nickname for Araragi “Oni-oniichan” as Kind Monster Sir instead of Demon Big Brother. I just thought you going to watch the anime. Though there really isn’t a difference between the two. Shaft was amazing at adapting the lns.
Nah it's just I like to start with the original source before going into adaptations as a general rule.

Like how when I was actually reading ASOIAF, I would read a book, watch the season that was adapted from it and so on. I would eventually drop both for very different reasons but that's another story entirely.
It’s not like the anime adaptations of F/SN which take away most of the character from the characters.
I've noticed.

Even from the little of the Fate route I've gone through so far, every character's WAY more interesting than anything I remember from the OG anime (sans maybe Archer who still had a little).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back