• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #12: the law of the victory, is courage and hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
FSmbVWnUEAARtvR

“But more importantly, I never imagined that a brat like you and Raditz survived for so long thanks to the Dragon Balls. That's so unfair!”

:blobfacade
Jesus christ man :giogio .

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
from the section on FanZZZZZ

Toyble fuckin ruined half of Goku’s lifelong achievements, gave us what is possibly the most pathetic and boring villain, the pacing and power scaling went on vacation once he showed up too. And finally, he blue balled everyone by hyping up Bardock’s flashback only to have the man win via a stupid instant asspull, and also turned him into a fuckin idiot who did absolutely nothing for 3 years and just waited for Frieza to kill them.

Or maybe it’s Toriyama. Or both!

Toyble or Torijester.
Clowns of the century.

MShadows said:
Toyble fuckin ruined half of Goku’s lifelong achievements, gave us what is possibly the most pathetic and boring villain, the pacing and power scaling went on vacation once he showed up too. And finally, he blue balled everyone by hyping up Bardock’s flashback only to have the man win via a stupid instant asspull, and also turned him into a fuckin idiot who did absolutely nothing for 3 years and just waited for Frieza to kill them.

I find it so funny how these DBS manga nerds on Twitter are eating up this powerup Bardock asspulled got to beat Gas because "muh focus on nothing about winning and you're bound to win " and acting like it's such a genius concept, when it's literally the typical generic shonen asspull power that everyone including DBS fans shit on other shonen for. The hypocrisy is ridiculous.

And what infuriates me the most is these motherfuckers posting shit like "Wooow omg guys look at the difference between Bardock and Goku/Vegeta guys Goku gave up against Cell and was afraid to fight Super Buu but Bardock never backed down and all he focuses in is fighting and winning that's what they have to learn🤓🤓🤓." Like yeah, let's all criticize DBZ for having realistic, logical writing and powerscaling where characters know when they're outmatched and can't win fights they possibly can't win just because "omg I wanna win all I know is fighting and winning" but praise Bardock being devolved into the typical "I can't ever lose because of my desire to win!!" shonen cornball.

this new Frauddock is acceptable to some people.

I find it so funny how these DBS manga nerds on Twitter are eating up this powerup Bardock asspulled got to beat Gas because "muh focus on nothing about winning and you're bound to win " and acting like it's such a genius concept, when it's literally the typical generic shonen asspull power that everyone including DBS fans shit on other shonen for. The hypocrisy is ridiculous.

It's hilarious even worse than those typical Shonen Hero Bullshit powerups considering that the gaps are usually not THAT VAST by comparison of Bardock and Gas. Bardock legit went from basically being so pathetically weak Gas didn't even have to try to suddenly mollywhoopping his ass out of fucking nowhere.
It makes asspulls revolving powerups look fucking tame.

And what infuriates me the most is these motherfuckers posting shit like "Wooow omg guys look at the difference between Bardock and Goku/Vegeta guys Goku gave up against Cell and was afraid to fight Super Buu but Bardock never backed down and all he focuses in is fighting and winning that's what they have to learn"

Wow, these people are just shitting on Goku actually realizing that some fights are just beyond him and actually do the smart thing and just hold them off as best as he can. This ALSO ignores that if he's the only fucker left, he will do whatever he can unless it's still not enough(like against Frieza and then against Beerus). But nah, just be Bardock and hope for asspulls to victory.

Actually that's not what's happening here:
What's happening is the absolute worst nightmare for any Battle Shounen:
"Nothing matters unless the heroes win by any means necessary"

Heroes are actually trying to be smart? Nah man, he shouldn't be a bitch and continue fighting
Character suddenly wins despite how insane that sounds? Nah man, the hero should always win, damn how stupid it actually comes off as.

They are literally bringing in MCU shit into Dragonball now.

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
Koichi officially made it. Nibbas a hero in New York as basically the actual Mha version of Spider Man :mjlol . No bullshit black whip super powers out of the ass to try and emulate it and no lame shit like scotch tape. His new hero name Skycrawler is actually cool too, which is something thats pretty rare to say in Mha:skully Dudes in the clear, shits is satisfying already and it isn't the last chapter yet.

from the section on FanZZZZZ

Toyble or Torijester.
Clowns of the century.

And what infuriates me the most is these motherfuckers posting shit like "Wooow omg guys look at the difference between Bardock and Goku/Vegeta guys Goku gave up against Cell and was afraid to fight Super Buu but Bardock never backed down and all he focuses in is fighting and winning that's what they have to learn🤓🤓🤓." Like yeah, let's all criticize DBZ for having realistic, logical writing and powerscaling where characters know when they're outmatched and can't win fights they possibly can't win just because "omg I wanna win all I know is fighting and winning" but praise Bardock being devolved into the typical "I can't ever lose because of my desire to win!!" shonen cornball.

Remember when I said we will start seeing people defend this bullshit? Well here you go.
"It's okay that this wish happened because it added luck to Goku and that he's where he is because he isn't just the Protagonist!"
:lolwat

What the fuck?!
The two T's learned a lot in clown college man :maybe.

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
I still like how much Afo is baffled by Koichi though. Operation from Naruhata is over and he still can't really let it go that all Koichi did was gain experience, train and had a shit load of willpower and determination :mjlol . Dude straight up compares it to a normal guy becoming Superman :skully.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member

Remember when I said we will start seeing people defend this bullshit? Well here you go.
"It's okay that this wish happened because it added luck to Goku and that he's where he is because he isn't just the Protagonist!"
:lolwat

What the fuck?!
From there as well
"Probably intentional as to drive theorycrafting and fan guessing. However, instead about being a possible explanation and theories about the effect of the wish, is about how f***ing stupid this arc is."

Imagine defending the Manga
Couldn't be me

Like the Anime gets alot of deserved shit but holy fucking hell, they usually took away the manga's worst moments every time and atleast tried to make something decent from the shit Toriyama kept giving them at times.

If the anime ever comes back, I swear to god they better remove this entire arc, not just this part, just pretend this shit doesn't even exist. From the word go, this entire arc was fucking terrible but it has gotten nothing but worse since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back