• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #12: the law of the victory, is courage and hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
"If we were going through those exact same arcs nowadays we would find plenty to criticize and complain about as well"

there's something about shit like this that infuriates me cause it generally trying to justify the crap we get by going but" look at the old stuff" from before

Yeah no one pretend the old shit is perfect hell some of us probably criticize how some things were handled but the most important of any work is "Does the pros outweigh the cons"

That's the thing many tend to forget
Do the good outweigh the bad?
Something so simple is lost on peeps

Last edited:

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
"If we were going through those exact same arcs nowadays we would find plenty to criticize and complain about as well"

N there's something about shit like this that infuriates me cause it generally trying to justify the crap we get by going but" look at the old stuff" from before

Yeah no one pretend the old shit is perfect hell some of us probably criticize how some things were handled but the most important of any work is "Does the pros outweigh the cons"

Something so simple is lost of peeps
the old stuff also has the benefit that it was among the first material doing any of what it did

there's no excuse fir something coming out decades later

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
eric_avengers.jpg

there's something about shit like this that infuriates me cause it generally trying to justify the crap we get by going but" look at the old stuff" from before

Something so simple is lost on peeps

It's fucking weird too because yeah, sometimes people do allow nostalgia to cloud their judgement...
But when the worst thing I can say about Planet Namek is:
How the hell did Goku somehow explode to being slightly stronger than Ginyu to atleast 1-10% of Final Form Frieza in a beatdown?
How did Piccolo get to 2nd Form Frieza's level by just absorbing Nail who got demolished by Frieza's Weakest Form and Piccolo isn't that much stronger than he was before?(We know at the very least the Nameless Namekian is supposed to be > Frieza but really?)

But in comparison to shit like Moro and especially Granolah Arcs, you can continue asking these questions for DAYS.
They aren't even on the same tier.

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
To sum up the new Vigilantes chapter:
- Pop Step talks to her friends about the events that happened and how the fallout effects their lives. Something apparently the main series deems unimportant after a damn war arc but whatever :skully . She mentions that rehab has allowed her to walk again but she probably won't be able to use her quirk to jump around as well as she used to, I can only imagine what Knuckledusters injuries are going to be, he'll be lucky if he can even walk. She feels as if things have changed (Captain Celebrity being bro enough to pay for damages with his company, Koichi's old apartment being torn down etc.) but she's at a standstill. She mentions Koichi and how he hasn't changed much either and is basically normal

-Meanwhile Afo still doesn't get it:kobeha. He has apparently been looking at all records he can find on Koichi and still doesn't completely understand how he honed his fighting skills and his quirk to such an extent when everything shows that he's just some regular guy, with regular parents, who went to regular schools and got a regular job as a convenience store clerk to pay rent (having a damn identity crisis:mjlol). He comments that this whole thing runs counter to his operation at the time and basically says Koichi's potential is the culmination of what a regular person can achieve provided they train, have an iron will and a fuckload of determination (Who is Izuku again :skully?) He says that these factors can turn a "normal person" into essentially Superman and mentions he should take extra care to prevent Ofa from falling into the "wrong" hands as a result cause it can spring up new heroes(if Izuku didn't have his powerups he wouldn't be a threat though so hey :mjlol). He decides that for now he'll continue with the Nomu project so that they can take down these types of heroes and mentions that Number 6 in a way was the progenitor for them (to no ones surprise).

- Elsewhere Koichi is in New York in his own Captain Celebrity office getting a distress call. He suits up and briefly looks at the scar 6 gave him but launches off with his new uniform (basically a modified/ more spandex version of his hoodie except without All Might stuff on it) and his new hero name: SkyCrawler as essentially the Mha Spider-Man.
He can join the ranks of good hero names with Endeavor and All Might as far as I'm concerned, beats calling yourself Deku or Dynamite amirite :mjlol.

Tldr version: this isn't even the last chapter and its pretty satisfying. Much more than what the main series will be. Vigilantes was an actual good read and the main character actually grows throughout it unlike Betaku. I'm honestly going to miss it. It deserves an anime adaptation or something :catcry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back