OBD Convo #14: Mammoth Space Gods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
KrCJgUnb_1011211709101gpadd.jpg
12348726d185991ee23ccbd502c6a6ad.png

All praise the Celestials of space, creators and destroyers of unimaginable scale.

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Hannibal considered Pyrrhus of Epirus the second best general to ever live.

But in his last campaign he got his ass kicked by the women of Sparta who refused to give him the city while their army was away in Crete.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Hannibal considered Pyrrhus of Epirus the second best general to ever live.

But in his last campaign he got his ass kicked by the women of Sparta who refused to give him the city while their army was away in Crete.

Just thought I should say, before you get to background, it says the latter got sent packing, which in the context of the sentence, would be the spartan women. :mjlol That might want to be changed to former, when referring to Pyrrhus.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
this convo so slow

i have to get it to page 2, jakklock convos slower than a rom obd wrestling appearance :russ :mjlol

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Plutarch makes no mention of it directly, but since the Spartan women were at this point behind the fighting line (“shrieking and running about,” he says), they must surely have participated in the opposition of this “with all their force.”

Given the way this is worded, it sounds more like they're just running away. :mjlol Also, not sure why we're taking Plutarch as an authority, given he's not exactly the most reliable of sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back