• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #14: Mammoth Space Gods

Status
Not open for further replies.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
What is so infamous about this movie that is making people so upset ? Legit question.

Like nothing about the new Super era was good be it movies or the show (except Broly) and we can even go back further in the past but i've never seen people so upset like they are now.
Movie is 3 step back and 1 step sideways.

No step forward.

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
Yeah, well... i don't give a shit about Gohan. I never have.

Bad writing has been par for the course for more than 20 years so nothing new here.

No wonder i don't empathize .

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
What is so infamous about this movie that is making people so upset ? Legit question.

Like nothing about the new Super era was good be it movies or the show (except Broly) and we can even go back further in the past but i've never seen people so upset like they are now.
I honestly at this point not only hate Toyataro but am starting to despise Toei and Toriyama. The back and forth with Gohan's character in DBS was already annoying but at least a resolution was made after RoF that he realized he can't sit on his haunches, become a couch potato equivalent, and expect Goku and Vegeta to constantly save the day after Freeza returned. Then it gets focused on that he retrains with Piccolo and by 48 hours before the Tournament of Power officially goes down, Gohan goes nuts with his training to achieve a level he had never been on before.

I mean Ultimate Gohan went from getting knocked out by Beerus in Battle of the Gods (although its still a feat he managed to lay hands on him while everyone else was getting literally slapped out besides Vegeta and Goku) to stalemating full power Super Saiyan Blue Goku who was forced to resort to using Kaioken to edging a win on him. Now again we have the movie where Gohan not only neglects his training yet AGAIN 3rd or 4th time, but also doesn't really give a shit about Pan; paralleling him to being a negligent father similar to his own dad.

Come the fuck on Toei.

The movie is focusing on Gohan and Piccolo as the main protagonists.
After all of Gohan's development and training in DBS and frequently Gohan talking about how he can't stop his "saiyan blood" from boiling when witnessing Goku fighting more often near the end of the series, the movie just dumps on this growth of his again after his training with Piccolo before ToP.

Imagine having a character ultimately go through an arc, any arc, where they find themselves useless, goes to train themselves to be better and then basically state they will find a path that will make them even stronger and ultimately feel like an actual development...

And then throw all of that away just to not only say that no, they fell into the same trap for the FOURTH TIME but then against every single known thing about Gohan, literally regress the main character trait they had(His love for his family and especially Pan) just to make him a Goku analogue for no reason.
Like I can't even blame anyone else BUT Toriyama because even fucking Toyotaro made Gohan go through the arc with zero issues even if it was completely retarded(I'll go through my Human self to get stronger? What?) and TOEI was most likely under Toriyama's leash like they've always been throughout most of the Anime DBS series.

Movie is 3 step back and 1 step sideways.

No step forward.
bout sums it up
Yeah, well... i don't give a shit about Gohan. I never have.

Bad writing has been par for the course for more than 20 years so nothing new here.

No wonder i don't empathize .
i can't blame you for not giving a fuck :jaeden
ain't nothing changed

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
GridArt_20220606_110537765.jpg

that senile fuck was responsible for ROF and the God awful ending to the FT ARc

Nah, that was somehow worse considering that both Toyotaro and TOEI had to include Vegito because Toriyama was just gonna make Merged Zamasu lose to both Goku and Vegeta... despite the Potara Technique buff the shit out of you to an insane degree.
He really doesn't give an iota of a fuck anymore.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Nah, that was somehow worse considering that both Toyotaro and TOEI had to include Vegito because Toriyama was just gonna make Merged Zamasu lose to both Goku and Vegeta... despite the Potara Technique buff the shit out of you to an insane degree.
He really doesn't give an iota of a fuck anymore.
Which is why that lazy, senile fuck should perma-retire, and hand the series off to someone who DOES give a shit, and is actually a good writer(AKA, not Trashtaro). The last genuinely great arc he penned, was the FRIEZA saga on Namek. Cell was alright, with a load of problems, and Buu? There's a reason people say that arc dragged the fuck on, despite its actual chapter count being that much different from the previous, because its pacing sucked and you could tell Lazeyama was coasting by that point.

Broly movie was an outlier. Take that away, and what decision has that bumbling buffoon made that was actually good for the franchise? You won't be able to name much, I'll tell you that upfront right now.
:mjlol

Which is why that lazy, senile fuck should perma-retire, and hand the series off to someone who DOES give a shit, and is actually a good writer(AKA, not Trashtaro). The last genuinely great arc he penned, was the FRIEZA saga on Namek. Cell was alright, with a load of problems, and Buu? There's a reason people say that arc dragged the fuck on, despite its actual chapter count being that much different from the previous, because its pacing sucked and you could tell Lazeyama was coasting by that point.

Broly movie was an outlier. Take that away, and what decision has that bumbling buffoon made that was actually good for the franchise? You won't be able to name much, I'll tell you that upfront right now.
:mjlol

It reminds me of Mahashi Kishimoto and how people still have the gall to say "He still got it!" when Naruto Fever is all but dead and Boruto fucking murdered it and the dude has clearly not recovered from Axed 8's terrible reception.
All this dude can do now is with Ikemoto destroy a once okay series and force that to be his new Axed 8 project, throwing away any characters, their personalities, why people like them and forcefully flush it all down with this nonsense.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
even the Broly movie was average plot wise the visuals and animation hard carry that bitch :trinny

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
dude Toriyama literally forgot any early DB event by 2000, Oda had a talk once with Tori talking about pilaf robot and dude can't even remember it. That's early 2000, it's 20 years later and people expect the dude to not be completely senile about Dragon ball.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
dude Toriyama literally forgot any early DB event by 2000, Oda had a talk once with Tori talking about pilaf robot and dude can't even remember it. That's early 2000, it's 20 years later and people expect the dude to not be completely senile about Dragon ball.
the man admits the fans knows more about he series than he do :maybe
Broly movie would've also been better, if his out of control power warped his mind/personality, and made him act more like the Broly of old, who shit talks like a top tier pro wrestler from the nineties. :mjlol
real Dr Jekyll/Mr.Hyde shit

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Honestly this idea That anything AT touches turn to Gold is some severe ass head canon :trinny
that senile fuck was responsible for ROF and the God awful ending to the FT ARc
ROF made me just give up on modern dragon ball completely lol

thank god we got the Broly movie but still

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back