• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #16: Take me Higher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Toriyama never said Piccolo was stronger than them

so they’re getting mad for nothing

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Not me. I’ve been hating this Goku and Vegeta show Super has been for most of its run. Thrilled to see Gohan and Piccolo getting the attention they deserve

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
>horned guy is a giant ass demon looking dude

Fuck and here I thought he would just be a human warlord wearing a horned helmet, can't fucking wait for this shit on stream.
i knew there some weird shit with him because they already had prehistoric witches but I didn't expect him to be that big lol

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I do miss Z

FWb-UnXXkAEZVCg

FWhATX_XEAEZMBn

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Cant comment on One Piece but Naruto’s world building in terms of premise was really good. It’s just Kishimoto did nothing with 99% of the clans, villages, and countries he introduced

All those cool ass places and we get almost fuck all for most of them unless Naruto goes there

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
All those cool ass places and we get almost fuck all for most of them unless Naruto goes there
Biggest waste for me were the Hyugas.
Remember when guys like Neji seemed unbeatable and the Byakugan was once considered equal to the Sharingan?

Gentle Fist had some of the best Taijutsu scenes in the whole series and Kishi did nothing with them after Part 1 despite having both Neji and Hinata to work with.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Biggest waste for me were the Hyugas.
Remember when guys like Neji seemed unbeatable and the Byakugan was once considered equal to the Sharingan?

Gentle Fist had some of the best Taijutsu scenes in the whole series and Kishi did nothing with them after Part 1 despite having both Neji and Hinata to work with.
The Hyugas got shafted something fucking fierce. Neji was right

According to LRM Online, each episode of 'Obi-Wan Kenobi' had secured at least $25 million – quite a huge budget for a TV show, and that estimate was revealed even before the pandemic hit, raising the cost of every production significantly.

Fucking IMAGINE wasting $175 million for this absolute bastardization of a series...

Wow, Max is just DESPERATELY grasping at any straw he can to try and pretend the Ryu and Chun themes are good, especially the Ryu one. Like how can you directly acknowledge that it doesn't fit the character AT ALL but still pretend its good? Luke's is the only decent one, because they already had this music style in mind when they made his theme and this is just a remix of it.

"It's different but I think that's the point." So they completely changed a classic character theme, which he's had for literal decades and it's good just because it's different? Like I'm sorry Max but this is a textbook example of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

It would be one thing if it was a remix of Ryu's theme, in this style but they basically went "fuck that, that would take effort" and gave us this garbage instead.

He’s like old stan lee

just a glorified cheerleader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back