• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #16: Take me Higher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
FXMpTELWIAAqNZB

*More news about Vince paying hushmoney to 4 other females*
*AEW fans trying so hard to force it into a W for them and shame any "E-Drones" for bringing in obvious truth or seemingly "defending Vince"*

Dear fucking God, how hard is it for people to understand that unless Vince paid them with WWE's Money, nothing is going to happen to him? And considering how much stock he owns, that's alot of HIS money he can use for hush money which ultimately would amount to fuck all past Vince being a piece of shit(no shit, it virtually comes with the territory).
I'm more tired of the AEW Drones trying so hard to use this as a W, shitting on anyone speaking facts or dumbasses who believe Vince being completely outed will turn WWE into AEW 2.0 when it wouldn't really change much at all.

El Hermano

Acclaimed
Billy and Homelander teaming up was fucking cringe
True. How it should have been if you already go down that route, IMO:
Billy should have been smart enough to ask Soldierboy to blast Ryan with a weaker beam and either force Homelander to take the blow or remove Ryan's powers, both should be W's in Butcher's book. But, Homelander ACTUALLY takes the blast, having his powers removed. Ryan, desperately trying to protect him uses his apparently newely learned flight ability to get the fuck out of there. Now convinced that Butcher tried to have him killed and Homelander saved him, Ryan sides with Homelander and protects him.

Later on have an arc of Homelander learning how to cope without his powers, but ultimately not being capable of redeeming himself because he truly is evil and not even his son is worth losing his Godlike status for. Have him somehow put his hands on Compound V(maybe if he hadn't killed Noir for the dumbest reason and put his trust in people he never trusted to begin with)or maybe a blood transfusion from Ryan could solve it given the very specific circumstances.
-----------

That fight was the dumbest way to end things. Butcher's behavior didn't make much sense, he didn't even try to negotiate properly, didn't try and convice Soldier Boy like he could have nor did he even seem to think about just yeeting Ryan out the window/help him escape while Soldier Boy and Maeve hold Homelander back or maybe even kick his ass(it looked like Maeve could suddnely hold her own very well against Homelander).
Starlight was by far the worst part of it for siding with MM. I get MM because of his personal vendetta, albeit, it felt like they tried minimized his utterly egotistical behavior where he's willing to give up on the bigger picture just to get some personal vendetta settled against someone who's obviously not as dangerous as Homelander. A huge piece of shit, sure, but far less of a genuine threat and seems to have actual fucking remorse.
But fucking Starlight, right after starting a war against Homelander, the strongest man alive, the biggest threat to humanity whom she admitted lost his fucking mind at this point, would rather prioritize KILLING THE ONLY USEFUL WEAPON AGAINST HIM and ends up MAKING HOMELANDER STRONGER by having Ryan by his side.

I also think it was a huge miss that Soldier Boy didn't at least tell Homelander the truth about how he was just an ordinary kid who "took a shortcut" to shake him up even further. And Maeve not dying, but rather just getting a free ticket out is so fucking ridiculous. It already felt like she acted out of character to begin with.

It's also quite likely Butcher's gonna end up taking Compound V to save his skin and have his standoff with Homelander in the series finale(which will probably be season 5). So this "race against time" is most likely as fake as it gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back