• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #16: Take me Higher

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Hermano

Acclaimed
Tone deaf to the max. :mjlol
One of the things that pissed me off the most is how they spent so much screentime trying to develop an already not that interesting Kimiko just for all of it to be completely disregarded at a moment's notice. Her "normal human" arc barely mattered anyway, since she still managed to beat her way out of trouble while severly injured and without her superhuman strength.

The only one who could truly make this type of arc work in the show, where he loses his powers and realizes he's nothing without them and is a psychopath regardless, is Homelander.

Limu&Doug

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
FXKCe8FWIAAhKP3

classic encucklopedia dramidica humor :)

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
*More news about Vince paying hushmoney to 4 other females*
*AEW fans trying so hard to force it into a W for them and shame any "E-Drones" for bringing in obvious truth or seemingly "defending Vince"*

Dear fucking God, how hard is it for people to understand that unless Vince paid them with WWE's Money, nothing is going to happen to him? And considering how much stock he owns, that's alot of HIS money he can use for hush money which ultimately would amount to fuck all past Vince being a piece of shit(no shit, it virtually comes with the territory).
I'm more tired of the AEW Drones trying so hard to use this as a W, shitting on anyone speaking facts or dumbasses who believe Vince being completely outed will turn WWE into AEW 2.0 when it wouldn't really change much at all.
That's not necessarily true. Obviously none of this is surprising and we knew Vince and Johnny Ace were doing this for years, but we've all seen public pressure on these things become a cancellation cascade. He's not going to be criminally charged but sponsors, banks, etc. might force him out.

Although WWE won't change and suddenly go back to Attitude Era stuff, there's no doubt that Vince being old and out of touch has held the company back creatively. It is not going to improve until he leaves, so I can see why some fans might be excited about this. Whoever replaces him might wind up being even worse, but it's a gamble I'm sure long-suffering WWE fans will be OK with taking.

That's not necessarily true. Obviously none of this is surprising and we knew Vince and Johnny Ace were doing this for years, but we've all seen public pressure on these things become a cancellation cascade. He's not going to be criminally charged but sponsors, banks, etc. might force him out.

Although WWE won't change and suddenly go back to Attitude Era stuff, there's no doubt that Vince being old and out of touch has held the company back creatively. It is not going to improve until he leaves, so I can see why some fans might be excited about this. Whoever replaces him might wind up being even worse, but it's a gamble I'm sure long-suffering WWE fans will be OK with taking.

1. That depends on what happens and if WWE is even worth doing it to considering how little it ultimately matters to much and how it's obvious most people don't even care about the accusations or news to begin with.

2. Again, I'm being really pessimistic in believing Vince being fully ousted will somehow make WWE better in some major way, especially in the fashion that won't turn it into AEW 2.0 and forget the entire point of Sports Entertainment and Pro Wrestling as a whole in the process.

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
It won't ever become AEW 2.0 and it shouldn't.

But you should know the mob will do something for its own sake, just because.

It won't ever become AEW 2.0 and it shouldn't.

But you should know the mob will do something for its own sake, just because.

That I know but at the same time, you know this is why I'm hesitant on it happening since NXT Black & Gold was AEW except it actually had decent levels of character and storytelling for itself... but it also didn't help either Raw or Smackdown! as it should have and just helped with the massive roster bloat and very few people getting any real time for themselves.

That's what I'm truly critical of because if WWE becomes AEW 2.0, Wrestling is dead, straight the hell up.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
I like Ultra Instinct. The simplicity of its design goes with the fact that it’s more a state of mind over a flashy power-up. To be honest, I preferred Sign over the Mastered one with the silver hair which just made it more like any other power up.
UI is fine as a technique, which is what it was initially meant to be. It looks lame as a powerup, especially when compared to the Wukong-like form in the fan animation.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

> Stolen car
> Has plenty of time to see the mother and baby.
> Plenty of room to move AROUND them.
> Still runs STRAIGHT into them with the car.
> Only sentenced to MONTHS IN A CAMP. :breh

Literally what the fuck California? I know the mother and baby lived (thank God), but that shit was blatantly deliberate. How was this not attempted murder?

Oh it's a "progressive DA" and the guy was "sixteen". That explains it. :expepe

Last edited:

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Instinct is actually my favorite because it's closer to a real world thing than an imagined transformation.
Again, as a technique, its fine. As a transformation? Literally just Goku with white hair. :mjlol White hair not even in a different style, mind you. Just a re-color. Even its unique attribute of reacting on instinct is neutralized in the shitty canon fanfic manga with a weakness pulled directly out of Trashtaro's ass. :hestonpls

Last edited:

Masterblack06

Man of Atom

> Stolen car
> Has plenty of time to see the mother and baby.
> Plenty of room to move AROUND them.
> Still runs STRAIGHT into them with the car.
> Only sentenced to MONTHS IN A CAMP. :breh

Literally what the fuck California? I know the mother and baby lived (thank God), but that shit was blatantly deliberate. How was this not attempted murder?

Oh it's a "progressive DA" and the guy was "sixteen". That explains it. :expepe

to gulag instantly

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
This is California. It’s entire government is irredeemably corrupt and catch and release of even the most violent criminals is the norm.

Like that one guy, Tubs something, who sexually assaulted several little girls and only got a few months in jail since he came out as trans. As soon as their let out, their right back in now for murder

Insanity

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
This is California. It’s entire government is irredeemably corrupt and catch and release of even the most violent criminals is the norm.

Like that one guy, Tubs something, who sexually assaulted several little girls and only got a few months in jail since he came out as trans. As soon as their let out, their right back in now for murder

Insanity
You referring to that YouTuber Tobuscus?

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back