• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #16: Take me Higher

Status
Not open for further replies.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
Cloud tanking meteor at the end. Thought we're going to lose all the fumbling with the enemy ability and Cloud just literally tank the shit like it isn't some kind of super attack.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
This reminds me that the time limit on Accelerator's choker battery makes 0 sense as a weakness.
Because he can effectively just charge it himself infinitely, since electromagnetism and electric charges thus fall under what he can control. :hm

Kamachi needs to give this man some SB competence smh :mjlol
He did do that during his rematch with Kakine in NT. It’s just an electric source isn’t always available for him

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
couldn't he create an electric source with his powers?
Possibly, he did create plasma. Could just be PIS.

The whole choker thing was done to preserve tensions for Accelerator as a protagonist by the author who didn’t originally intend for Accelerator to have that role, both putting his powers on a limiter so he would not always rely on them and also to give him a weakness his opponents could exploit to keep him from just murdering everyone in arcs he’s in.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Looking it up, could be because of how delicate the choker is. He made a makeshift transformer with an open cable in order to charge since a direct charge from the cable would only destroy it.

The choker-style electrode’s battery would only last for 30 minutes.

He had already used half of that.

Kakine Teitoku only had to avoid a quick resolution and continue his attacks to hold Accelerator in check and Accelerator would be driven into a fatal situation. A certain situation had led to Accelerator’s brain being severely injured, so he could not use his power of the strongest or even stand on his own two feet or understand human language without receiving calculation support from the Misaka Network via his choker.

But…

(That is not an absolute limit. It’s just that the battery is only able to hold that much power. In that case…)

The overpass seemed to have water pipes and power cables running through it and a thick cable ran right next to Accelerator. He glanced across the surface of the cable to check on the amperage and voltage running through it and then unhesitatingly removed the outer covering of the cable with his bare hands.

He was going to recharge.

The concept was simple enough, but he of course could not use the high voltage current running through the thick power cable as is. On his way to that overpass, Accelerator had gathered a few metal plates, wires, and the like. By assembling them, he had created a makeshift transformer.

If his calculations were off even by the slightest amount, not only would the choker-style electrode burst into flames, his fingers operating the transformer could even be blown off.

Yet he did not hesitate.

He quickly attached the transformer to the power cable and used a small cord to supply power to his electrode’s battery.

(I can’t sit here recharging for very long. I’ll probably only get maybe a dozen seconds recharged.)

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
Looking it up, could be because of how delicate the choker is. He made a makeshift transformer with an open cable in order to charge since a direct charge from the cable would only destroy it.
couldn't he just redirect the excess energy.

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

It's certainly time for Vince to go. Well, it's years past-time.

The problem is that Vince is the kind of guy who would rather run his company into the ground than see it go on without him as long as he's alive and aware.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
couldn't he just redirect the excess energy.
Playing it safe. There’s only one choker like that in the whole series and destroying it means his life is forfeit. Even using the makeshift transformer to dial back the current required calculations

That and Kamachi likes drawing his protagonists as resourceful and thinking outside the box whenever he can

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back