• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #16: Take me Higher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
It is very much legit. Even the rest the Earth not being obliterated was because Blast used his dimension gate to divert all of it force upwards once he realized it couldn’t contain the energy

6.jpeg

7.jpeg

8.jpeg

10.jpeg

Bringing up Toriko, the only reason the top tiers still beat Saitama and Garou is because of still comparable speed (Reacting to Darius’ Extra-Dimensional Laser) and sheer Hax like Food Luck and Minority World. Physically, Saitama and Garou should dominate them but their both simple bricks as mentioned

Like, it even gives clear reference points. You have blasts portals appear above the earth and direct the energy away.

We are then shown even further away there's now a large portion of missing celestial bodies.

It wouldn't go that far in showing it was destructive force if it was just going to be an optical illusion

as for the opm feat

you really can't wait for the next chap, right?

mean

it's so difficult to wait, in case he explains a bit more, before jumping the gun, huh?

smh

at this point, we ain't that dif than sb or cv, even here 🤷‍♂️

Tell Kurou to get the fuck over himself at this point. I've long since stated I'm willing to concede if it's true.

Doesn't Blast outright say that he altered the vectors of the DESTRUCTIVE ENERGY away from Earth? :hm

Yes, he did. That wouldn't mean what Kurou thinks it means and somehow get Multi-Solar System+ from that either.

Fine, I'm not going to get myself heated over fucking One Punch Man of all things.
Series lost the fucking plot anyway and is basically just ONE and Murata wanking it to powerleveling fans rather than actually making a compelling story.

Shovel Man Alan still buries the verse and that looks actually decent for what it is. :kobeha

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Tell Kurou to get the fuck over himself at this point. I've long since stated I'm willing to concede if it's true.
You're the only one that needs to get the fuck over himself lol

I'm always willing to concede when im wrong, but this is EM levels of downplay and the only real reason is because "you don't like it" or feel its to much of an upgrade lol smd loser

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
i will be honest, my take

i don't mind if the series reach multi star or solar system levels

what

i want is, people not jumping the gun as usual

why can't wait in case more is explained/showed? is it so difficult?

and we can discuss it again

not to mention, from all of this fuss, at least, they legit ftl, that's a given

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Bruh I remember saying when the shit first came out to wait for the next chapter because we have no context and people are jumping the gun on shit

Its like god damn. Ive said this and the OBD has done this for so many verses. This shit is like the Moon level fairy tail shit all over again where dudes posted a chapter everyone wanted more clarification and then we got fuck all for it.
:hestonpls

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
If the feat was vague, I could understand it but this is pretty clearly shown for what it is and what happened. The fact that we’re throwing in pseudo-scientific explanations that aren’t accurate and never even implied to be at work from the author as the means to downplay it speaks for itself.

What I’m saying is, we got to lighten things up here and just go by what’s shown if it’s clear enough. If something happens later in the manga that debunks Saitama and Garou destroying a bunch of stars, so be it but that’s wishful thinking as of right now

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Bruh, I fucking used it as a goddamned example, I didn't say it was actually done by celestial bodies, the fuck are YOU talking about?

You claimed it was just refraction

here

The "Giant Hole in Space" is just sheer light defraction similar to what Black Holes do, especially as it was never brought up at all that legions of stars was erased or anything.

and when Astaro and I brought up that it couldn't be refraction

The illustration clearly shows stars were either destroyed or pushed back, same way Saitama parted clouds across the globe with his Serious Punch on Boros

All this talk of light being refracted without that ever being an explanation is just wishful thinking.

It’s a clear Multi-Star level feat

You stated

I fully believe it's light defraction done by other celestial objects like Black Holes

Sooooo...

yeah you're not only dumb you're slow

You did that yourself as I went at it the same way.

I didn't at all. You know people can clearly go back and read through this convo right?

Guess we can add liar too
Yes that still happens even now. We don't even now a star explodes because the light hasn't reached us yet so you stop that from reaching us in any fashion and it seems like that shit isn't even there anymore.
No thats not how that fucking happens lmao.

We don't just see a star then, it explodes and we don't see it again until the explosion catches up to us

literally the dumbest shit ive heard all year and its still July

So you tell me how that doesn't work in this case? Especially since that doesn't even fit with what the characters mentioned with just Earth being fucked.

You're just misunderstanding how we observe stars lmao
Okay and? Authors don't know physics, news at goddamned 11. I don't see how the hell that fits your point that it should be "100% Multi-Solar System level" off that alone.
I wasn't even arguing what the destructive capacity is. Just what happened because your interpretation was just dumb

Pot calling the fucking kettle black there bud.

Nah, since its clear only one of us is looking at the scans with our eyes open

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I'm always for taking the conservative approach and I even expressed that years ago so not gonna rehash what I said. But there's a difference between being conservative and dumb

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
What I’m saying is, we got to lighten things up here and just go by what’s shown if it’s clear enough. If something happens later in the manga that debunks Saitama and Garou destroying a bunch of stars, so be it but that’s wishful thinking as of right now
This is what we WOULD have done normally.

If Murata comes out and says it was an optical illusion later so be it. But this downplay in an effort to combat future wankers ect is fucking dumb. It's no different to what Mike was doing with Dragon Ball.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
I'm flashing back to 'Xhominid doesn't understand what spacetime is' moments :russ

Truthfully idgaf about current OPM or this feat, unless we're talking about s1 of the anime.

I just think this shit is cluttering the convo.

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
Yall are freaking out about this feat. I want to know when the fuck saitama figured out how to breathe in space
Dollar store Dragon Ball confirmed:maybe? I don't remember him staying in space for long before he got transported but I was too busy laughing about how dumb everything got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back