• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #16: Take me Higher

Status
Not open for further replies.
>bleach gets new anime
>suddenly slander out the ass
"Ichigo is overrated"
"none of ichigos forms are memorable"
"Kenpachi not that strong"
"Yoruichi isn't as hot as Harribel"
"the story was predictable"
"Ichigo has too many powers"

Like what the fuck is happening

I'm not even sure how the hell people can say so much wrong all at once.
I think the fakeness that came when the anime came back has alot of people just throw stupid shit around that feel threatened that Boruto and MHA will have to deal with an OG returning and stealing their spotlight.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
>bleach gets new anime
>suddenly slander out the ass
"Ichigo is overrated"
"none of ichigos forms are memorable"
"Kenpachi not that strong"
"Yoruichi isn't as hot as Harribel"
"the story was predictable"

Like what the fuck is happening
>Yoruichi isn't as hot as Harribel
Blasphemy.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Wait.

If you count all the flavors of Getsuga Tenshou, sure. :mjpls

Wait.

If you count all the flavors of Getsuga Tenshou, sure. :mjpls

I think he meant "Too many races" which not really no because they really don't lead to anything.
Even his Fullbringer integrated in his Bankai for all of one arc before that was completely wrecked by Hashwalth and didn't even turn into anything different.
He only got 2 new moves in the last Arc and they are both either Double Getsuga or a Cero Getsuga.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
I think he meant "Too many races" which not really no because they really don't lead to anything.
Even his Fullbringer integrated in his Bankai for all of one arc before that was completely wrecked by Hashwalth and didn't even turn into anything different.
He only got 2 new moves in the last Arc and they are both either Double Getsuga or a Cero Getsuga.
That's honestly one of the things I'm most hopeful for in the TYBW anime.

Ichigo actually getting some hax :maybe

That's honestly one of the things I'm most hopeful for in the TYBW anime.

Ichigo actually getting some hax :maybe

Eh, I don't see Ichigo getting any real hax as Kubo seems adamant that Ichigo is just a monster in physicals and honestly, that's for the best.
If anything, I'd rather we just have Ichigo dominate the shit out of Soul King Yhwach once The Almighty is out of the picture... that or him and his friends beat the shit out of Yhwach together than it being rushed out too fast.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
Dude doesn't even have as much variation of getsuga as Naruto has rasengan.

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
FXZOQMIXgAARPWQ

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
Regarding Belch, i'll 100% frank , this place has always had a semi bipolar relationship with it.
It's either really harsh criticism which is mostly deserved as far as i'm concerned and 5 minutes later it's all about that fond nostalgia .

Some of that shit that people are saying is condensed criticism that has been thrown at it since Belch was still relevant .

I'm still baffled that people are excited for the adaption of one of the crapiest arcs in modern shounen history even with all that jazz about the anime correcting a lot of the mistakes in the manga.

Weird shit.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Regarding Belch, i'll 100% frank , this place has always had a semi bipolar relationship with it.
It's either really harsh criticism which is mostly deserved as far as i'm concerned and 5 minutes later it's all about that fond nostalgia .
That's what happens when a generally good series starts to take a nosedive in terms of quality.
There's both good stuff to be nostalgic about, as well as bad stuff we can criticize.
I'm still baffled that people are excited for the adaption of one of the crapiest arcs in modern shounen history even with all that jazz about the anime correcting a lot of the mistakes in the manga.

Weird shit.
Agreed.

I get a lot of shit for being a "downer" (maybe not here, but certainly on the FV Bleach section) because I'm not getting hyped about the animated version of an arc that I disliked the first time around. Because I don't, and I still haven't seen or heard anything to make me believe the anime version will be radically better.

The only thing I'm holding onto hope for is better fight scenes, 'cause the fights in that arc just ranged from meh to garbage.

Last edited:

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member

Some of that shit that people are saying is condensed criticism that has been thrown at it since Belch was still relevant .

Weird shit.
nostalgia a hellauv drug
folks are hoping the anime fix alot of shit that happened in the manga but time will tell on if it will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back