• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #16: Take me Higher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
Yep, FKT is usually where a lot of people agree that Belch starts to get bad and unfortunately it doesn't get better up until the end.
The Thousand Year arc started strong but it just crashes and burn the further you go down .
So even if the anime fixes some stuff, the problems are so fundamental that in order to really save it, you'd have to re-write it and that's not happening.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
For me, Thousand Year was good up to Yhwach vs Ichibei. That’s still one of my favorite fights in the whole series. It was a good back and forth between the two showing off different techniques.

Well, until we got LOLAlmighty making its debut for the conclusion of that fight

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Yep FKT is when Bleach got straight up bad. Specifically when the Espada were all done and it was left to Aizen to try and carry the series, that was just never gonna end well. Truth be told, I only finished that at all just to see how Aizen would lose.

I personally thought the Fullbring/Xcution stuff was okay until Ginjo's face/heel turn. Tsukishima was far more effective as an antagonist, similar to how SS Gin was better than Aizen ever was. Not to mention Ichigo just being handed his Soul Reaper powers back kind of made the whole arc a complete waste of time.

The Nazi stuff just never gelled with me from the start. Not only because I REALLY didn't like the idea of "The Quincy are almost extinct...except not really, here's an entire army" but also because they didn't fight nor act like the Quincy as they'd been established before then. This largely is why I refuse to even call them Quincy and just stick with Nazis to differentiate them.

Point being that I didn't even like the 1st invasion, the supposed "good part" of the Nazi arc, let alone the 2nd invasion where even the series' most ardent defenders will concede that shit goes downhill in a hurry.

Last edited:

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Regarding Belch, i'll 100% frank , this place has always had a semi bipolar relationship with it.
It's either really harsh criticism which is mostly deserved as far as i'm concerned and 5 minutes later it's all about that fond nostalgia .

Some of that shit that people are saying is condensed criticism that has been thrown at it since Belch was still relevant .

I'm still baffled that people are excited for the adaption of one of the crapiest arcs in modern shounen history even with all that jazz about the anime correcting a lot of the mistakes in the manga.

Weird shit.
Bleach is secretly regarded as the best out of the HST here

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Regarding Belch, i'll 100% frank , this place has always had a semi bipolar relationship with it.
It's either really harsh criticism which is mostly deserved as far as i'm concerned and 5 minutes later it's all about that fond nostalgia .

Because for all of its shit it does have some memorable moments. Though for me that ends mostly at the SS arc. Bount arc if you make it the anime. I'd already started just skimming Bleach chaps at that point and after Aizen's death I didn't touch the shit for years until someone told me to read Unohana's back story (Because it was fucking obvious there was more to her and was one of my only remaining points of interest) and after reading that went right back to ignoring it

Some of that shit that people are saying is condensed criticism that has been thrown at it since Belch was still relevant .
Bruh most of what was said was shit we were saying about bleach as far back as 2013 and it still holds true for the most part tbh

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
>bleach gets new anime
>suddenly slander out the ass
"Ichigo is overrated"
"none of ichigos forms are memorable"
"Kenpachi not that strong"
"Yoruichi isn't as hot as Harribel"
"the story was predictable"
"Ichigo has too many powers"

Like what the fuck is happening
my agenda is working :mjpls

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
One Piece > Naruto Part 1 > Bleach > Naruto Shippuden

Who wasn't bumping these mid 2000?
Naruto edges Bleach out for best overall soundtrack of the HST, especially with regards to fight themes and character (in particular villain) themes. Definitely the hypest of the three soundtracks if nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back