• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #16: Take me Higher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Also, the pay is shit like we got our checks last week but I got $78 for my two days, which might seem like a lot till you realize I worked 8am-4pm 9 hours both days, and minimum wage is $15/hr. meaning I should've gotten around $270 (excluding any taxes pulled out of my paycheck)
How long was your break?

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
My job is super chill. So long as when there’s no clients, we can pop out our phones and listen to music all day while working. We can’t watch videos though.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
This is me today.

>Went to sleep at 12:30 yesterday cause I was watching Bleach and my mom forced me to stop.
>Forced to wake up at 5:30 to drop off my sister with my family.
>Can't even have coffee or breakfast cause it's to late.
>After dropping off my sister dad goes and drives off to drop mom and her coworker at their workplace.
>Have to walk all the way home from the place I dropped my sister off.
>Sees Dad hasn't come home yet and it's 7:15
>Decides to nap till it's 8 thinking that dad will wake me up so he can drop me off at a dunkin donuts so I can pick up a job application before he goes to work.
>Dad doesn't wake me up, instead wake by myself and check time
>it's 2:28
>Realize I just slept my entire afternoon off.
>This is fine:blobfacade:life
I slept my entire afternoon off too, but to be fair I was just catching up on sleep I missed because I was working off of like 3 hours of sleep and had an online summer course just yesterday :mjlol

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
My job is a hybrid

so I can stay home in bed and do my work….but I choose to come to the office in the city cuz it looks nice and it’s Chad tier :)

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Oddly enough, I noticed another difference between Darcy (our Cocker Spaniel) and Butters (our shorkie).

The former, despite being generally nice, does have the off-chance of snapping at you, with kids not being an exception. The latter? Never happened and likely never will.

Also, Darcy seems to be pretty chill around cats from what I remember(other dogs is kind of an ehh), but Butters goes after them with no remorse. I don't remember how the latter is with other dogs besides Darcy though.

On the subject of Butters, I guess it's important to note how she had a bit of history of abuse and if the "recent" (it was years ago) bit of therapy didn't go too well, she would've been put down. It was that bad.

But obviously it did go well, so yeah.

Last edited:

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Yep, but to be fair it was kinda shit.

I got fired cause I was trying to turn on my phone, not even looking at it at the end of the day waiting for the bus to come. 'Cause they're still kids there' despite how it was after hours.

Also, the pay is shit like we got our checks last week but I got $78 for my two days, which might seem like a lot till you realize I worked 8am-4pm 9 hours both days, and minimum wage is $15/hr. meaning I should've gotten around $270 (excluding any taxes pulled out of my paycheck)

My sister got it even worse, she's a junior counselor at 16 years old and has an even harder job than me cause I got to take care of the 8-10-year-old kids who at least listen when you tell them to use the bathroom.

My sister has to take care of 4-5-year-olds who when you ask them if they need to use the bathroom will say no and then proceed to piss or shit their pants.

And how much money did she get working for two weeks?

$183. Not joking she only got 183 dollars working for 2 weeks, 9 hours a day taking care of little kids.

And then my parents who were all like 'it doesn't matter if the pay is bad its work for experience!' are now like 'wtf there scamming you!' after seeing my sister's paycheck.

And I'm all 'I told you so' :cat
Might just be me, but I'm detecting a hint of bias for your sister from your parents. When you get shortchanged and don't even make a third of what you should've, they're hitting you with the 'what does it matter, its work experience!' line, while when your sister gets similarly shortchanged whilst working just a few days more, now all of a sudden it became a scam. :mjlol

On more of the topic of the camp though, fuck them for doing that. That's taking being shitty cheapskates to a whole new level.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Also, on the topic of Assassin's Creed, I wish they'd return to AC1-AC2 era, and give us another game set within the holy land(either properly following the story of Altair again, or another important disciple) but have the gameplay of the first two games refined to as close to perfection as possible.

And before anyone brings up Revelations, that game was ass in my view, and didn't give us nearly enough as it should've of Altair. :wow

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I wanted an Assasin’s Creed game set in Japan when there was ninjas. Ubisoft took too long and Ghost of Tsushima took that opportunity.

Yeah it’s technically a samurai your playing as but they abandoned their Bushido Code to defeat the invading Mongols through any means so you do very ninja like things.

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
Sounds like you just want a pre-AC4 game from what fans say about them.
nah cuz movement in pre-4 was ass, especially with the camera tracking being whack

You either had to master Bunny hopping strats or make an AC with an overtuned as shit radiator/Generator so you could reliably fly/OB

case in point :hestonpls

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Lunch counts as your break

you don’t get paid during it which is prob why you got $78

also maybe your first day was training and I guess they didn’t count it
Really? That's weird cause we're still taking care of the kids during lunch ya know, making sure they eat, they clean up, making sure they don't run off after there done. Also, I did get paid for my first day.

But even then I still feel like I'm getting shortchanged. Lemme do some math.

I worked 8 a.m-4 p.m which is 8 hours (I miscalculated and thought it was 9)

And so that's 480 minutes. Lunch is around 40 minutes so I'll just make it 45.

480-45=435 minutes of work.

435 minutes is 7.25 hours.

I'll just take out the .25 so 7 hours.

Minimum wage in NY is $15.00 an hour.

So 15*7=$105

And I got paid for 2 days so.

$105*2=$210

This is what I should've gotten, this is excluding taxes of course but I don't even know how much they take out in taxes cause the contract doesn't specify.

But in reality, I only got $78. Which is only 37% of $210.

Let's not forget about my sister who's currently on her third week of work and got paid $183 for the 2 weeks she already did.

So $105*10=$1050

So she only got 17% of what she's supposed to be getting.

Last edited:

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
nah cuz movement in pre-4 was ass, especially with the camera tracking being whack

You either had to master Bunny hopping strats or make an AC with an overtuned as shit radiator/Generator so you could reliably fly/OB

case in point :hestonpls

Not gonna deny that the camera would be bad in those days but Nineball Sereph is considered one of the hardest bosses in the franchise's history so I don't think it feels fair to use that fight as an example. Wouldn't the ps2 games be different than the ones on ps1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back