• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #17: Beyond Ultimate

Status
Not open for further replies.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
I know people are hype that HxH is coming back but fucking hell, I'm not looking forward to more of this shit
1658523279378042.png
I am :mjgrin

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
I'm playing this pokemon ROM hack and it's got so much cool shit in it but fuck me dude this shit is tedious. Like people say the game is one of the best rom hacks because it's "hard, has almost all the pokemon in it, and has a ton of quality of life stuff" but most of this game's shit revolves around competitive shittery. Gym leaders can read your pokemon moves, items, and abilities and predict everything you do but at the same time, this makes beating them easier because instead of being random they follow the exact same pattern multiple times so you will always know what they are gonna do. some pokemon got their type changed to shit that makes no sense like Tropius suddenly being grass dragon for no reason and then he made shedinja only obtainable through a dusk stone because "shedinja makes the game too easy" despite the first and second gym being given outs to ghost types. And then gym leaders just have random fucking pokemon on their team that makes no sense. Why the fuck does brock have a vulpix? Lt Surge? he changed another pokemon type so it was half electric so that surge can have it on his team. Erika has FOUR fucking starters on her squad, Sabrina gym is a double battle gym for no reason and she has a random fighting type pokemon on her team. and for most of the game, Giovanni has only 1 ground type on his team. Shit makes no fucking sense and is terrible for someone whos not into competitive shit but wants to play a rom hack that's good. The game isn't terrible but god damn is it not the best

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
I'm playing this pokemon ROM hack and it's got so much cool shit in it but fuck me dude this shit is tedious. Like people say the game is one of the best rom hacks because it's "hard, has almost all the pokemon in it, and has a ton of quality of life stuff" but most of this game's shit revolves around competitive shittery. Gym leaders can read your pokemon moves, items, and abilities and predict everything you do but at the same time, this makes beating them easier because instead of being random they follow the exact same pattern multiple times so you will always know what they are gonna do. some pokemon got their type changed to shit that makes no sense like Tropius suddenly being grass dragon for no reason and then he made shedinja only obtainable through a dusk stone because "shedinja makes the game too easy" despite the first and second gym being given outs to ghost types. And then gym leaders just have random fucking pokemon on their team that makes no sense. Why the fuck does brock have a vulpix? Lt Surge? he changed another pokemon type so it was half electric so that surge can have it on his team. Erika has FOUR fucking starters on her squad, Sabrina gym is a double battle gym for no reason and she has a random fighting type pokemon on her team. and for most of the game, Giovanni has only 1 ground type on his team. Shit makes no fucking sense and is terrible for someone whos not into competitive shit but wants to play a rom hack that's good. The game isn't terrible but god damn is it not the best
brock vulpix is probably an anime references but most romhacks ive seen just have ass immersion. im not trying to play against an elite four where they all use legendaries that's stupid as fuck

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Radical Red? :maybe

Honestly I kinda understand wanting to make the game more challenging and, to an extent, I agree with buffing certain Pokemon stats and movelists to make them more usable. But changing types for no reason, adding mechanics earlier games weren't designed for, giving Gym Leaders anime Pokemon which don't make sense for a Gym Leader team (as you say, Sudowoodo would make more sense) and piling Elite Four member teams full of Legendaries, is just silly and it's not genuine difficulty, it's just being cheap.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Radical Red? :maybe
Yup shits frustrating at times man
Honestly I kinda understand wanting to make the game more challenging and, to an extent, I agree with buffing certain Pokemon stats and movelists to make them more usable. But changing types for no reason, adding mechanics earlier games weren't designed for, giving Gym Leaders anime Pokemon which don't make sense for a Gym Leader team (as you say, Sudowoodo would make more sense) and piling Elite Four member teams full of Legendaries, is just silly and it's not genuine difficulty, it's just being cheap.
It really brings down the quality of the game by a lot. you can make a game harder without adding nonsense into the mix

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
Only Rom Hack I'll play is when they have all the region available with their gym leader and elite four haven't found one yet. Basically what the original did with Gold, Silver and Crystal. giving access to Kanto and shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back