• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #18: There's a Hurricane Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I've been seing all these youtubers and whatnot posting videos about Project L and why you should be excited yet I feel that if the modern state of the FGC and all of its issues are what's killing fighting games, then Project L is gonna be the final nail in the coffin. Tons of people hyping up the game and talking about how great it's going to be but what people aren't talking about is that almost everything bad that's going on with fighting games right now (games being dumbed down, esports, predatory practices, etc) is only going to become worse when a game this massive releases. Add to the fact that fighting games have always been a niche genre and a company as massive as Riot coming in for a piece of the pie would result in Riot essentially replacing the entire FGC. And the more you look into Riot Games and all the shady shit going on with them, the future for the genre looks more and more bleak.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
3tY0gdR.jpg

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
I've been seing all these youtubers and whatnot posting videos about Project L and why you should be excited yet I feel that if the modern state of the FGC and all of its issues are what's killing fighting games, then Project L is gonna be the final nail in the coffin. Tons of people hyping up the game and talking about how great it's going to be but what people aren't talking about is that almost everything bad that's going on with fighting games right now (games being dumbed down, esports, predatory practices, etc) is only going to become worse when a game this massive releases. Add to the fact that fighting games have always been a niche genre and a company as massive as Riot coming in for a piece of the pie would result in Riot essentially replacing the entire FGC. And the more you look into Riot Games and all the shady shit going on with them, the future for the genre looks more and more bleak.
Ive never even heard of Project L

but the name doesn't inspire confidence

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Diana from LWA (I don't know who the cosplayer is, I just saw and grabbed)
That was actually my first guess. The other was Fleur Delacour from the Harry Potter franchise. May not be a fan of that series at all, but I've seen some stellar artwork of her and a few other ladies from that series brought to life, and this cosplay kinda reminded me of that as well.

Older Diana cosplay is better though.:mjpls

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
honestly the game will probably pop off for a while and then fade away, I don't really expect it to become some kind of changer of the fgc or anything. League fans will play it because it's League, but a lot of them probably aren't fg fans so I doubt they stick around or experiment with other games.

As an incredibly low level fg player though the dumbing down of games is the last thing they need, they just need to explain how to play them.
Good example would be SFV which is "babyfied" compared to past SF. But i have a way harder time understanding that than 3rd Strike, a much more complex game, because SFV feigns complexity by having more mechanics it doesn't explain to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back