• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #19: Everything is Energy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
How does Keishin function?

OH MY GOD, a character who can basically fly says goodbye on the edge of a building. CLEARLY this means she tried to commit suicide and didn't just fly out of town in a way that was more stylish than if she had simply walked out of town or got on a bus. 🤦‍♂️

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill here. :mjpls
you're making a lot of assumptions here, none of what you said require her to leave without belongings to a rooftop and jump off
Yeah somehow I'M the one making assumptions here, not the guy trying to argue a character who can fly (and who is confirmed to still be alive later btw) tried to commit suicide without any evidence to support that. :kobeha

Last edited:

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
__kamen_rider_grease_and_sawatari_kazumi_kamen_rider_and_1_more_drawn_by_ruchi_nxje5533__c5866c2c145bdad911162f7893ae9e20.jpg

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

Absolutely right, when Deku is actually in his role as a hero and when the series in general is just doing standard hero stuff, it's actually quite enjoyable.

It's when Bakugo is involved or when the series pretentiously tries to act like the villains have a point (which they don't) or in general when the series tries to act like it's more nuanced than it actually is. That's when shit gets insufferable.

"Shonen story shits the bed when it tries to dabble in philosophy, in other news, water is wet and the government is evil"

:skully

This is a big reason Black Clover stays so solid through its entire run, it knows damn well what it is and focuses in hardcore on its strengths

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Looking like the son of Yuri and Alice
He does, I know it's only supposed to be a "spiritual successor" but do you think it'll be in the same canon?

Looking at the HUD, it also seems like it has the same sort of battle system as the Shadow Hearts series as well.
Hopefully it doesn't do the psuedo action game bullshit we've been seeing too much of in recent years.

He does, I know it's only supposed to be a "spiritual successor" but do you think it'll be in the same canon?

Looking at the HUD, it also seems like it has the same sort of battle system as the Shadow Hearts series as well.
Hopefully it doesn't do the psuedo action game bullshit we've been seeing too much of in recent years.
Wouldn’t be surprised if it took place in Shadow Hearts universe. Since Sacnoth hasn't made any games since 2005, they probably wouldn't care or notice.

Hopefully, it's turn-based with its own Judgement system. I notice that Matthew has Fusion on his menu. I guess he morphs into that undead-looking holy knight.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Wouldn’t be surprised if it took place in Shadow Hearts universe. Since Sacnoth hasn't made any games since 2005, they probably wouldn't care or notice.
I don't know about that, if they think they could squeeze any money out of it, they'd probably jump on it if they set it in the SH universe without permission.

Best case scenario is they give the go-ahead, it makes money and then maybe we get Shadow Hearts remasters or something. Not asking for a remake or anything, just a remaster.
Hopefully, it's turn-based with its own Judgement system.
I see a 3 hit combo on the scan where Matthew kicks the enemy, which is similar to Covenant and FTNW so hopefully. :maybe
I notice that Matthew has Fusion on his menu. I guess he morphs into that undead-looking holy knight.
I'd assume so.

Maybe Knights will be his fusion theme, like how Shania fused with Native American creatures/gods?

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
An older Halley with more experience with his powers and replaces his slingshot with a revolver like his father Edward seems like a missed opportunity as a party member in Shadow Hearts 3.
Especially since they gave us another Valentine sibling and had Joachim appear as an optional boss. Would have been cool though the party members in FTNW are okay IMO.

Especially since they gave us another Valentine sibling and had Joachim appear as an optional boss. Would have been cool though the party members in FTNW are okay IMO.
I like the party members too. The Native American gun-fu expert, the over-dramatic Brazilian ninja, a giant cat mafia actor expert in Drunken Fist, the vampire who can instantly become a fat Wrestler or a skinny magical girl, and a Mexican musician with a guitar that’s also a gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back