• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #21: The Power of Delusions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
LScuKkJ.jpg

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

I thought you said before they wouldn’t pay you more than $4,000. Now it’s up to $15,000 that they were willing to offer? Why the change in story?

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member

I thought you said before they wouldn’t pay you more than $4,000. Now it’s up to $15,000 that they were willing to offer? Why the change in story?

I believe she said it was 4000 per session, which would've added up by the end, but even still, her story has definitely shifted.

How convenient. :mjlol

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
And Bayonetta being a 450 mil franchise is false as hell. First game flopped enough that Platinum struggled to find a company willing to publish it after Sega left them halfway through development. Sony wouldn’t do it, Microsoft wouldn’t. Nintendo stepping in is the only reason Bayo 2 even happened.

Platinum Games has been teetering on bankruptcy until Nier Automata happened

I believe she said it was 4000 per session, which would've added up by the end, but even still, her story has definitely shifted.

How convenient. :mjlol
No, with the way she worded it, she was offered $4,000 total as a final deal.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
No, with the way she worded it, she was offered $4,000 total as a final deal.
I recall her wording her original tweets about it as though it was 4000 per session as her final deal. Will freely admit, I'm probably misremembering though.

Mind's been so preoccupied with my project lately that other shit is kinda slipping from my mind. :tupac

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Platinum Games aren't big enough and no Nintendo nor Sega has NEVER offered residuals and permanent royalties for any voice actor, foreign or Japanese for any role in its history. Taylor just lied first claiming only $4000 for Bayonetta 2, then when it was revealed that it was more akin to 20,000-30,000 for several more 4-hour sessions for Bayonetta 2, she changed the story.

They still offered her almost 15,000-16,000 USD for a cameo role to return despite all this.

The issue is Kamiya's personality and behavior made them look worse given his track record of dealing with people on twitter.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Platinum Games aren't big enough and no Nintendo nor Sega has NEVER offered residuals and permanent royalties for any voice actor, foreign or Japanese for any role in its history. Taylor just lied first claiming only $4000 for Bayonetta 2, then when it was revealed that it was more akin to 20,000-30,000 for several more 4-hour sessions for Bayonetta 2, she changed the story.

They still offered her almost 15,000-16,000 USD for a cameo role to return despite all this.

The issue is Kamiya's personality and behavior made them look worse given his track record of dealing with people on twitter.
Man got too used to trolling and piss-taking nerds on Twitter, I guess. Can't exactly blame him, seeing as he got bombarded with one two many questions related to DMC, especially by power-scalers who desperately wanted universal DMC. :mjlol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back