• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #21: The Power of Delusions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
unknown.png
unknown.png
image0.png
image0.png

This shit is fun

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
She basically lost any credibility that can be argued in her case with that dirty lie.

I didn’t have any interest in Bayonetta 3 since the trailers didn’t impress me but now I’m going to buy and play the whole thing Day 1 just to spite her and support Platinum

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
MC has an evil route you can do where the become aware that they are in a game and they "kill" the player causing the game to crash. this somehow makes them universal
:hestonpls

literally dog walked that nigga
I thought the implication was that Chara destroyed the timeline (well, Photoshop Flowey and God Asriel can also do this) thus causing the game to crash causing you have to make a new save file/timeline.

Chara can't kill the Player, and Frisk doesn't scale to any of this regardless last I checked.

Frisk/Sans being put up against people like Goku is wank, yes, but there is legitimate universal+ stuff at the least.
It's not just 4th wall-breaking stuff.
But it only applies to like 3 characters anyway :mjlol

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
MC has an evil route you can do where the become aware that they are in a game and they "kill" the player causing the game to crash. this somehow makes them universal

literally dog walked that nigga

The argument was based on the usage of "timelines" in-universe referring to different playthroughs

And Chara erases the entire world in the Genocide route, so if you turn the game back on there is just a blank screen for ten minutes before s/he shows up and asks wtf you're doing back in a world you decided to kill.

So technically speaking they completely eradicate the world/universe/reality that Undertale takes place in since there aren't any more timelines either.

But the game itself also never tries to make it anything like that in-universe, because the point is just the meta-gaming stuff as opposed to "lmao biggatons hax0r godmode Chara"

And a common interpretation is that their power is based on "karma" so if you do a pacifist playthrough after that the worst they can manage is stealing Frisk's cake :kobeha

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
Marvel_Chillers_001-003.jpg

Modred was so based he rejected Chthon's influence over the dark-hold and BTFO'd him using his own power.

Wanda ain't got shit on this man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back