• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #22: Back in the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
57decd7b18c87ddd520a0e99fb2c3332.jpg

fenyo did it again

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Publicite-DBS-Super-Hero-8-Gohan-Gamma-1.jpg

Publicite-DBS-Super-Hero-7-Gohan-Gamma-1.jpg

plus, gohan literally suplex city gamma and drops him to the ground at some point, for that choreo alone, for that wrestling ref

it is legit >>>>> the likes of bog and rof

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
>someone else writes supermans son doing stuff in dark crisis
>its infinitely better than anything jon has been in since he got aged up
>he attempts to hold back Doomsday, True Form Darkseid, and a bunch of the other people in the "Dark Army" by himself so that black batman can power up a machine
>Gets fucking rolled
>just when doomsday is about to take his head off black batman activates the machine and kills paraiah
>Superman shows up the same second and blocks doomsday punch
1667916645589099.jpg

1667916681591102.jpg

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Even as someone who enjoys the direction they took Kratos' character in GOW 2018, the more I see of him in Ragnarok, the more I think they went TOO FAR in almost making him the straight up good guy now, in a series that never had good guys (Kratos and the Olympians were just as bad as each other). Even the occasional bursts of anger he gets now stem from righteous causes like his son being threatened.

Not that I think he couldn't have arrived at that point eventually but I don't think they've done enough in two games to earn that portrayal.

It would have made more sense to do it like how Metal Gear Rising handled Raiden's character arc. Where they don't shy away from the dark shit he did, those impulses are still there. If anything he embraces them, uses "The Ripper" as a weapon against evil fucks others wouldn't step up to for legal reasons. The only thing that's changed is his motivations for doing it.

I still like Kratos' character in the new games, but I get why others wouldn't.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
OG Kratos being an asshole is why I like him more than Asura

it’s funny when he intentionally starts shit lmao

Even as someone who enjoys the direction they took Kratos' character in GOW 2018, the more I see of him in Ragnarok, the more I think they went TOO FAR in almost making him the straight up good guy now, in a series that never had good guys (Kratos and the Olympians were just as bad as each other). Even the occasional bursts of anger he gets now stem from righteous causes like his son being threatened.

Not that I think he couldn't have arrived at that point eventually but I don't think they've done enough in two games to earn that portrayal.

It would have made more sense to do it like how Metal Gear Rising handled Raiden's character arc. Where they don't shy away from the dark shit he did, those impulses are still there. If anything he embraces them, uses "The Ripper" as a weapon against evil fucks others wouldn't step up to for legal reasons. The only thing that's changed is his motivations for doing it.

I still like Kratos' character in the new games, but I get why others wouldn't.

Honestly, the changes in Ragnarok completely undid what I liked about the new Kratos and just makes me hate him as much, if not moreso than I did before.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
gow5 was a big stan bait, all those leaks ruined the game

literally overhype - the game

lmao

game should had ended with gow3, at this point

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
That reminds me

I didn’t see the leaks so I don’t know why you guys are shitting on the game

now it’s piqued my interest 🤔

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Also got Melee and EEnE Mis Edventures for the gamecube

I’m probably getting RE4 or MGS Twin Snakes next, screw it tryna have fun :wow

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I love what I’m seeing so far.

My only two complaints with everything I’ve seen in YouTube so far

- Brok and Sindri got done DIRTY. Thor too given how much characterization he was given

And the final battle was a bit lackluster. Focused too much on spectacle too. Some of the set pieces for Ragnarok looked like I was watching fucking Infinity War with all the pretty lights and explosions instead of one for one replication of Ragnarok as the brutal bloody war of mutual destruction it’s described as, which is weird given how grounded and close to mythology this game otherwise tries to be.

-Jormungandr is basically an afterthought in this game after the first game hyped him up as one of the big players for Ragnarok.

And while this isn’t a rip since it’s not like she was introduced in the first game, disappointed at the lack of Hel too.

Overall though, can’t wait to play this shit tomorrow once I pick it up

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Honestly, the changes in Ragnarok completely undid what I liked about the new Kratos and just makes me hate him as much, if not moreso than I did before.
Yeah, at least 2018 Kratos still had something of his old edge to him. I could actually believe it was the same character, just older and trying to learn from his mistakes. Ragnarok Kratos is damn near Saint worthy at times. :kobeha

People can say what they want about Viola but Bayonetta 3 is still recognizably Bayonetta. They didn't compromise on Cereza's character, nor sacrifice what made the series popular to begin with (in God of War's case, the brutality). They didn't need to.

Yeah, at least 2018 Kratos still had something of his old edge to him. I could actually believe it was the same character, just older and trying to learn from his mistakes. Ragnarok Kratos is damn near Saint worthy at times. :kobeha

People can say what they want about Viola but Bayonetta 3 is still recognizably Bayonetta. They didn't compromise on Cereza's character, nor sacrifice what made the series popular to begin with (in God of War's case, the brutality). They didn't need to.

Bayonetta stayed Bayonetta till the end and Viola's biggest issue was simply how she looked and otherwise is a charming character that is treated like a novice.
Kratos might as well be the writer's fantasy character they want when they want him to basically take down a Pantheon or 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back