• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #22: Back in the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
I said years ago that arc shit the bed in the end and I still stand by it

completely botched the landing
All they had to do, was have Zamasu's 'infinite form' be achieved earlier, where he could just release his own soul across the universe/timelines while his physical body is still around. Make it clear that even if his body is destroyed completely, somehow, without being able to regenerate, it doesn't matter, because his soul's everywhere. Makes him seem insurmountable. And then Trunks' ridiculous Spirit Bomb Sword is what does him in, both body and soul, wiping him away completely. Trunks gets the final, heroic blow to end the villain instead of football-head being called in on speed-dial by Goku to handle their mess.

Extra bonus, Trunks' original future timeline doesn't get nuked like it does in current canon :mjlol .

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
All they had to do, was have Zamasu's 'infinite form' be achieved earlier, where he could just release his own soul across the universe/timelines while his physical body is still around. Make it clear that even if his body is destroyed completely, somehow, without being able to regenerate, it doesn't matter, because his soul's everywhere. Makes him seem insurmountable. And then Trunks' ridiculous Spirit Bomb Sword is what does him in, both body and soul, wiping him away completely. Trunks gets the final, heroic blow to end the villain instead of football-head being called in on speed-dial by Goku to handle their mess.

Extra bonus, Trunks' original future timeline doesn't get nuked like it does in current canon :mjlol .
Toei and Toyo fucked it all up
They could've had done a better job at Vegito fucking up M.Zam and have Trunks get his glory but expecting those morons to deliver is like asking SJW not cry racist

I said years ago that arc shit the bed in the end and I still stand by it

completely botched the landing
I remember people like GM arguing “hey this is better than normal arcs because it doesn’t have a happy ending this time”

which, to me, doesn’t improve anything.

A generic ending is better than one that ruins a happy ending imo

i don’t feel like Trunks grew from the experience. If anything I just blame Goku for being an idiot who forgot to bring the seal for the Mafuba.

Crimson Dragoon

Exceptional
I remember people like GM arguing “hey this is better than normal arcs because it doesn’t have a happy ending this time”

i don’t feel like Trunks grew from the experience. If anything I just blame Goku for being an idiot who forgot to bring the seal for the Mafuba
It ruined both Trunks and Goku :mjlol

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member

i don’t feel like Trunks grew from the experience. If anything I just blame Goku for being an idiot who forgot to bring the seal for the Mafuba
Alot of people shit on this ending nowadays lol

Retrospect be a bitch

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I get all the woke shit but what is the deal with Kpop exactly? Don’t follow any of the music or why it’s associated with that stuff

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I agree on the ending of Zamasu btw on how it ruins Trunks beating Zamasu. Should have ended with Trunks killing Zamasu and saving what was left of his home, perhaps even finding the Super Dragon Balls to restore what Black had destroyed too.

I still enjoyed the arc overall though and only brought it up because of it still being a good example of a character not Goku or Vegeta getting relevant spotlight

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Fg5CPshUAAAcaLn

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
I get all the woke shit but what is the deal with Kpop exactly? Don’t follow any of the music or why it’s associated with that stuff
KPop-stans are a bunch of woke and feminist people that would cause the topics to circle around,and thats what mattered in the end. Also i guess it also pushed away Japan own idols forcing talk about outsiders that they don't care about

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
> Watches a video about Spider Man, somehow some comments talk about Mha Vigilantes and how its better than the main series

People are starting to recognize :mjlol. Give the series an anime adaptation and it'll really make Mha look more like a shit show :kobeha.

I agree on the ending of Zamasu btw on how it ruins Trunks beating Zamasu. Should have ended with Trunks killing Zamasu and saving what was left of his home, perhaps even finding the Super Dragon Balls to restore what Black had destroyed too.

I still enjoyed the arc overall though and only brought it up because of it still being a good example of a character not Goku or Vegeta getting relevant spotlight
I'll take it over manga Trunks being entirely worthless before everyone dies. The ending still sucks though either way. The main thing I like giving that arc credit for is Trunks fighting more with his sword than he ever did during Dbz. It made him more distinct from Goku and Vegeta's punch rush meme attacks.

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member

i don’t feel like Trunks grew from the experience. If anything I just blame Goku for being an idiot who forgot to bring the seal for the Mafuba.
Why have trunks grow from the experience when you can just recycle his character arc like they've done the past like 5 arcs with S00PER VEGETA

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
> Watches a video about Spider Man, somehow some comments talk about Mha Vigilantes and how its better than the main series

People are starting to recognize :mjlol. Give the series an anime adaptation and it'll really make Mha look more like a shit show :kobeha.

I'll take it over manga Trunks being entirely worthless before everyone dies. The ending still sucks though either way. The main thing I like giving that arc credit for is Trunks fighting more with his sword than he ever did during Dbz. It made him more distinct from Goku and Vegeta's punch rush meme attacks.
To be fair, Trunks did use his sword when he had it in DBZ. It was just around for only two fights, his fight with Frieza and Cold and then the Androids before it got broken.

Training at that point was more important than reforging it.

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
To be fair, Trunks did use his sword when he had it in DBZ. It was just around for only two fights, his fight with Frieza and Cold and then the Androids before it got broken.

Training at that point was more important than reforging it.
I know. It was just a cool element that should have stayed longer imo. Damn it Android 18 :wow . Cyborgs ruin everything :wow.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
He abandoned them in Buu Saga, honestly

arguably in the Cell Saga
Cell Saga it didn’t last that’s for for sure. The whole Majin Vegeta shit was him desperately wanting to return to the savage killer he was at the start.

He also just gave up any idea of trying to surpass Goku and acknowledging him as the better for the Buu Saga

I think it makes sense for Super to have him go back to being determined to surpass Goku with God Ki and a whole new level of power being introduced that evens the playing field between the two. I mean why wouldn’t Vegeta take advantage of the new opportunity being given to him?

Super does a good job of this by keeping their rivalry friendly and mutual compared to one-sided and toxic on Vegeta’s side throughout DBZ. That and Vegeta more clearly shows he cares for his family show his character development in the Buu Saga still applies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back