• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #22: Back in the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
unknown.png

You made a few mistakes there Jaiden. :maybe

Mistake #1 - Trying to get into a franchise that didn't start as a game, THROUGH the games. There's a reason a lot of them are not really designed to be Digimon noob friendly (ie not explaining what Digimon are etc.), they expect you to have watched the anime.

Mistake #2 - You discounted Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth, which really would be the go to game I would say if you HAVE to get into Digimon through a game. Of course my main recommendation would be to watch Digimon Adventure 01, but Cyber Sleuth is a pretty good starting point.

In fairness you owed up to that second mistake, you liked the designs and I do hope you try Cyber Sleuth and enjoy it eventually.

For an uknown reason, it reminded me of this

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member

You made a few mistakes there Jaiden. :maybe

Mistake #1 - Trying to get into a franchise that didn't start as a game, THROUGH the games. There's a reason a lot of them are not really designed to be Digimon noob friendly (ie not explaining what Digimon are etc.), they expect you to have watched the anime.

Mistake #2 - You discounted Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth, which really would be the go to game I would say if you HAVE to get into Digimon through a game. Of course my main recommendation would be to watch Digimon Adventure 01, but Cyber Sleuth is a pretty good starting point.

In fairness you owed up to that second mistake, you liked the designs and I do hope you try Cyber Sleuth and enjoy it eventually.

That reminds me, what are some of the better Digimon games besides Cyber Sleuth/Survive?

That reminds me, what are some of the better Digimon games besides Cyber Sleuth/Survive?
Digimon World Dusk/Dawn are ok-ish. A bit tedious at first, but once you get past the grinding, you can create amazing teams that synergize with each other

The World series are my absolute favourites (minus 4), but they come with several restrctions. Example: In DW1 and its sequel/remaster, DW: Next Order, your Digimon have kind of like an expiration date and there're several conditions you must fulfill in order to correctly evolve them. Fail to raise them and you'll end up with Sukamon or Numemon. Worst of all, their life span will be reduced

:skully

DW2 is a dungeon crawling game with a lot of grinding and sometimes it requires you to DNA digivolve your Champions/Ultimates into a previous form in order to get a Digimon capable of reaching Mega level at 31 (then again, you could technically complete half of the game by using the Digimon recieved from the Trading Center and there's always the option to catch them, so I guess that's a minor concern)

DW3 is your classic RPG turn based battles that gives you an option to select the digievolution tree you want, but it has a lot of backtracking

Last edited:

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
Fucking imagine years ago, you make a few episodes of animating certain chapters of Bleach's TYBW:

And actually getting called on by the Anime Team to actually animate a scene entirely for them... and it ends up being the best scene in the entire episode.

Bro, I would be over the moon with this shit, congrats RetroRyno.

I wonder if it was the Studio that noticed him or Kubo watches that fanmade stuff while he is not trolling the fanbase

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Really got to read Undead Unluck again.

Dropped it with the first few chapters since it was some of the dumbest shit I ever read but the story clearly gets more ambitious later on with everything I’ve seen

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
So Unohana really was the only other OG captain alongside Yama remaining. All the more annoying how Kubo kinda wasted her character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back