• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #22: Back in the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
The funny part is that while he did create a huge boom, he also left them with a huge corporate media base that the company legit can't handle in the slightest.
It's going to choke itself out at this point, not helped due to Chapek's ignorance.
Iger was just a corporate guy who understood how to appease the "disney's soul" types.

Chapek didn't and was pretty apparent about being corporate while Eisner was an artsy guy who wasn't good with money and wasn't willing to compromise on stuff he truly cared about

Iger pretended to care about 2D Animation untill Disney's nephew died and there wasn't any of the old guard left in the company. He understood trends, he was the one who hired Chapek to make more money from the Amusement parks

Chapek is just the fall guy in all of this, being given the company during Covid and Iger returning once his political career flopped will just pretend that he's back to "save" the company

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Not bad, really adds on to the scene compared to the manga, which I’d have hardly called a fight especially after all the build-up.

Here we actually get a very decent exchange of attacks between Ichigo and Yhwach. Ichigo still loses but definitely puts up more of a fight here

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
FhciI0KacAAVwxt

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
While my knowledge of the rest of the arc keeps me from watching it, these clips are reminding me how hype this arc originally was. People actually dying, Ywach being a threat and not an Almighty Inkblob, good shit :dankpepe
I was just saying how much better Yhwach fought before all the later shit with him. Ichibei vs Yhwach will be the last good fight we get with him too

That entire episode is honest to god KINO, especially since you didn't include the 13 Divisions flashback where we actually SEE them fight the Vandenreich in the past and Sasakibe helped defeat Yhwach with Yamamoto and they are as brutal as Yhwach proclaimed them to be.

Like they made the 1st Invasion so fucking awesome, the real work is making the 2nd Invasion just as good which is where the real work needs to begin.

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
November has been a shitty month and it's not even over yet

Be ready for anything fellas

It got worse

My friend Kiyoyuki Yanada passed away Since he was a freelancer, at the request of his wife, I would like to report this to everyone involved in the voice actor industry as well as his fans. Even now, after offering incense and letting me mourn, I still can't believe it. I will pray for the repose of the soul of Mr. Yanada from the bottom of my heart.

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/boruto-chapter-75/chapter/25753?action=read
Title: THE DOMAIN OF GODS

-Chapter begins with a recap of Eida and Daemon's abiltites.
-Amado FINALLY lays everything out with a massive lore dump:
*Shibai, the transcendent "god" of the Ootosuski, and his "divine power" of Shinjutsu
*All abilities descend from him. ALL. What was once though to be the Rikkudo Sage was just a piece of what Shibai could do
*Amado learnd how to COPY these abilities into cyborgs, he could never MAKE such abilities. Additionally Senrigan is from Shibai.
*Amado did all this while hoping and failing to revive his daughter(now known as Delta) due to the "humanity" aspect of revival being "impossible to replicate."
*Amado aligns with Jigen/Isshiki in hopes to revive his daughter's humanity, but defects upon learning the divine fruit plan
-Past all of that, Momoshiki pops back in and speaks to Boruto. Their consciences are slowly melding as a unintended side effect of Boruto's revival.
-Momoshiki affirms the existence of Shibai and acknowledges the "transcendent plane," as well as the Senrigan being of Shibai. However, he questions Eida.........
-Specifically, Eida's automatic charm ability, as Momoshiki notes ZERO evidence of Shibai ever having such a talent.
-Before Boruto can protest, his Jougan Eye triggers a vision of the future. One where Kawaki is being hunted by his friends and seems to be engaged in a battle with Sage Mode Mitsuki.
-Chapter ends following Boruto's ominous vision as Eida looks at him inquisitively....

Interesting that the Senrigan shows the past, and Jougan shows the future...

Boruto needs to fucking STOP! What the fuck is this shit?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back