• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #22: Back in the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Bruh this and the zombie ant fungus fucking terrify me. We already have one parasite taking over our minds (toxoplasma gondii) we don't need another.
We’re breathing in billions of spores just like those on a daily basis for millions of years of now. If anything could happen to us from them evolving to affect brains of humans, it would have.

As you can see, we have yet to have a real life Last of Us happening.

I’m more worried about anymore government lab-grown shit being released after all this Covid-19 BS

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/boruto-chapter-75/chapter/25753?action=read
Title: THE DOMAIN OF GODS

-Chapter begins with a recap of Eida and Daemon's abiltites.
-Amado FINALLY lays everything out with a massive lore dump:
*Shibai, the transcendent "god" of the Ootosuski, and his "divine power" of Shinjutsu
*All abilities descend from him. ALL. What was once though to be the Rikkudo Sage was just a piece of what Shibai could do
*Amado learnd how to COPY these abilities into cyborgs, he could never MAKE such abilities. Additionally Senrigan is from Shibai.
*Amado did all this while hoping and failing to revive his daughter(now known as Delta) due to the "humanity" aspect of revival being "impossible to replicate."
*Amado aligns with Jigen/Isshiki in hopes to revive his daughter's humanity, but defects upon learning the divine fruit plan
-Past all of that, Momoshiki pops back in and speaks to Boruto. Their consciences are slowly melding as a unintended side effect of Boruto's revival.
-Momoshiki affirms the existence of Shibai and acknowledges the "transcendent plane," as well as the Senrigan being of Shibai. However, he questions Eida.........
-Specifically, Eida's automatic charm ability, as Momoshiki notes ZERO evidence of Shibai ever having such a talent.
-Before Boruto can protest, his Jougan Eye triggers a vision of the future. One where Kawaki is being hunted by his friends and seems to be engaged in a battle with Sage Mode Mitsuki.
-Chapter ends following Boruto's ominous vision as Eida looks at him inquisitively....

Interesting that the Senrigan shows the past, and Jougan shows the future...

Boruto needs to fucking STOP! What the fuck is this shit?!
Well at least someone is suffering through this shit so we don't have to. Naruto's lore is such an embarrassing convoluted shit show :mjlol .

" No wait everything came from this stage of six paths guy. Now you'd think we'd have mentioned that earlier maybe even show a statue or something but he's the founder of what became shinobi, they weren't entirely meant to be mercenaries (even though that aspect got thrown aside too)"

"Um actually wait, this Kaguya girl is the shit, she subjugated the world as a goddess, we-we never mentioned her either but she's in legends and shit. She's the most powerful thing ever, she makes her son and his brother that we've never mentioned before look like chumps, ninjutsu and all its history is from her actually. "

"But wait! Um actually that Momoshiki guy that's where its at. This is the force Sasuke's info pointed to"

"BUT WAIT! No it's some other alien guy who can shrink people."

"BUT WAIT it's this god dude. The real god dude that everything comes from"

If there's any solace to anything it's how ineffectual Bumsuke Jobchiha is:skully. All those years trying to atone for his sins, still being an asshole who avoids his family for no reason because he embarked on a 10 year long self imposed mission to gather info, and the nigga comes back with basically fuck all until it's too late :mjlol. He would have done more for other people just sitting in his house :kobeha.

Well at least someone is suffering through this shit so we don't have to. Naruto's lore is such an embarrassing convoluted shit show :mjlol .

" No wait everything came from this stage of six paths guy. Now you'd think we'd have mentioned that earlier maybe even show a statue or something but he's the founder of what became shinobi, they weren't entirely meant to be mercenaries (even though that aspect got thrown aside too)"

"Um actually wait, this Kaguya girl is the shit, she subjugated the world as a goddess, we-we never mentioned her either but she's in legends and shit. She's the most powerful thing ever, she makes her son and his brother that we've never mentioned before look like chumps, ninjutsu and all its history is from her actually. "

"But wait! Um actually that Momoshiki guy that's where its at. This is the force Sasuke's info pointed to"

"BUT WAIT! No it's some other alien guy who can shrink people."

"BUT WAIT it's this god dude. The real god dude that everything comes from"

If there's any solace to anything it's how ineffectual Bumsuke Jobchiha is:skully. All those years trying to atone for his sins, still being an asshole who avoids his family for no reason because he embarked on a 10 year long self imposed mission to gather info, and the nigga comes back with basically fuck all until it's too late :mjlol. He would have done more for other people just sitting in his house :kobeha.

It's honestly amazing to me that people think that this was a good chapter.
Just more fucking with the lore, more insert Samurai 8 bullshit in there and it's clearly fucking apparent that Naruto and Sasuke was weakened and removed for little reason as the power escalation is gonna go full retard and change.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
@Astaro @Masterblack06

The Mine has collapsed

clark
Maximum rating to you and this list just Mine alone but damn, I question everything else.

As I called, no real hits to the current Tier 0 deck in the game besides slap on the wrists hit like Curious banned which does next to nothing. Magnificent Maves just came out and they want to sell it. Couldn’t they have at least hit the Tearalaments Field Spell?

Tenki and Metaverse are back to 3 which I happily welcome at least. Tellerknight Ptolemaeus back is crazy.

I don’t like the compromise their going for in not hitting Tearalaments Ishizu directly which is bringing back more generic floodgates. Macro Cosmos and Dimensions Fissure both to 3 is just dumb. Especially with Floowanderez which is already meta will very much exploit both.

Well, maybe I’ll be trying out Altergeists for this meta and see what 3 Metaverses and Secret Village of the Spellcasters does. Otherwise, I don’t see the game changing at all besides toxic Mystic Mine shenanigans finally being a thing in the past and Floowandereez being the next best Tier 1 deck

EDIT: Just realized Ishizu can easily make Ptolemaeus. So it’s still busted and should not have come back.

Last edited:

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
@DestinyDestroyer Oh fuck, Kashtira broke ass support coming next set. You thought Floo would abuse those floodgates, you haven’t seen nothing yet.

Never thought I’d say this about a list that includes the ban of Mystic Mine but this list is ass. Blatant product pushing and setting up for the movement of 1 Tier 0 format to another with just Kashtira ruling the game.

Fucking Konami TCG run by clowns

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Konami TCG be like

You WILL shell out 700+ for playsets and you WILL like it
Per set too.

Ever since Burst of Destiny, the Meta flips on a dime all by itself with the powercreep going into overdrive

Swordsoul was Tier 1 and hyped like crazy in that set. Than the Albaz Structure Deck went and powercreeped that. Not even a format later and now Splight and Tearalaments powercreeped all the above. Tearalaments Ishizu is now literally the only deck to play this format. Now Kashira will inevitably rule the TCG at least next if this list is anything to go by.

Half these decks mentioned are barely holding on to Tier 2 position and haven’t taken a single hit on any banlist. Powercreep alone is what killed their relevancy.

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
Wildest shit I saw was in a TCG shop in Virginia when I was finishing up my sliver commander deck
Some dude dropping 3.5k in MTG cards just as a casual thing.

Couldn't imagine doing the equivalent of that every single time the format goes through some form of relevant shift in Decks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back