• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #23: The Light Always Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I'll do so, the story won't be massively long in terms of scope and it will be pretty big... probably but I don't want it to be a slog so yeah, simple story really.
I'm working on my own secret project and am breaking it down into segments and arcs to make it all easier.

Thankfully I have a lot of the worldbuilding planned out and the general idea of the story.

Ral

🤡
Administrator
Pronouns
Username Only
I might actually go that route for my stories as I don't trust publishing companies and people have been successful with it for less.
I think someone in this forum wrote a book before and had it up on Amazon, forgot which member, but I'm confident it was either on here or the cursed shadow realm forum FV.

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I've also thought about doing a comic (maybe for webtoon) as an OBD inclusive project. It would be set in the same world but many centuries before the events of The Fall of the Fated Queen and the big book it's a prequel of. The main character and the event that this comic would be about are mentioned briefly by the main characters in Fall.

Perhaps I should put that up in OBD Inc. I can't do the art at all.

And yes, I'm still working on that Kardashev script. It's almost done but I've been swamped. I will be freer in the middle of the month. Mid-September to mid-December is the busiest time of the year for me.

Yeah, that's what I mean by "Taking Notes" first. I actually plan on doing outlines and summaries.
There is only really 4 Important Characters and like 8-10 Side characters and that's it.
You should read this book firs. It gave me perspective on how to tie up everything.

I'm working on my own secret project and am breaking it down into segments and arcs to make it all easier.

Thankfully I have a lot of the worldbuilding planned out and the general idea of the story.

That's basically what I ultimately plan on doing as well.
World-Building with the first story I do and then keep on building the pieces and also go 3D Modeling so I can go a little further and add in some spice to fights with it and such.

You should read this book firs. It gave me perspective on how to tie up everything.

Yeah, you recommended that before and I read a decent bit of it and I may actually buy it and read it entirely.
I may also go check out a library and go read some novels as well to get some good tips in how to write the story well too.

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Looking for some stuff to brush up on world-building to see if all my ducks are in a row. And stuff about terraforming Mars in particular. Recommend if you all can.

If anyone manages to get their shit on Amazon, link me, so I can support thy homie on thy journey to greatness! :osoba
I have two books on Amazon now although these are non-fiction.

Looking for some stuff to brush up on world-building to see if all my ducks are in a row. And stuff about terraforming Mars in particular. Recommend if you all can.

Honest to god, I have been thinking about my Universe/Multiverse for over a DECADE(Since like High School) and went through many, many revisions in my head till I got to where I am now.

EDIT: I ain't that old LMFAO.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
FiH_pPpXoAARoRg.jpeg

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Honest to god, I have been thinking about my Universe/Multiverse for over a DECADE(Since like High School) and went through many, many revisions in my head till I got to where I am now.

EDIT: I ain't that old LMFAO.
In anime years, you may as well be a seasoned warrior who's seen the worst of humanity and the horrors of war with years of experience on your belt. :maybe

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
If we're sharing story ideas. I've had I few ideas for original stories.

First was "The Extraordinary Adventures Of A Teenage Bounty Hunter" (yes that was the actual title I came up with.) Which I came up with when I was 12, and his been pretty much wracking in my brain ever since. It's actually more based of American YA novels like Maximum Ride, than manga or anime since when I was 12 I wasn't as much of a fan of anime as I am now.

Basic plot was that the setting was this intergalactic space setting full of aliens and stuff like star wars, and the main character's parents were retired space Bounty hunters who gets called in for a one last job and go missing.

After a month there teenage son decides he wants to look for them himself and calls up a family friend (whose also a bounty hunter) to help, but obviously they ain't gonna take a kid on the ship, so they give him the "don't worry your parents are fine kid," stuff and leave. Only to find out the teen sneaked on the ship with them. So they go on an adventure to find the teens parents.

Goddamnit, this just sounds embarrassing now.:wow

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Me and @Limu&Doug have been writing a joke story that’s been going on for 2 years now. It’s about two best friends and one of them have been arrested by the government because the main villain snitched on them (who has secret ulterior motives)

Now the other friend and wacky characters he meets along the way (viewed as “accomplices”) are being hunted by the FBI and civilians since they are labeled terrorists and have a massive bounty on their heads

MC is trying to bust his buddy out of prison. The main cast/party shifts around a lot so we see dumb character interactions and whatnot (including the friend meeting people in prison and he eventually busts out himself since everyone else is incompetent in this universe)

There’s much, much more but that’s just a small snippet of Season 1/first arc (yes, we are on Season 2)

Limu&Doug

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
Me and @Limu&Doug have been writing a joke story that’s been going on for 2 years now. It’s about two best friends and one of them have been arrested by the government because the main villain snitched on them (who has secret ulterior motives)

Now the other friend and wacky characters he meets along the way (viewed as “accomplices”) are being hunted by the FBI and civilians since they are labeled terrorists and have a massive bounty on their heads

MC is trying to bust his buddy out of prison. The main cast/party shifts around a lot so we see dumb character interactions and whatnot (including the friend meeting people in prison and he eventually busts out himself since everyone else is incompetent in this universe)

There’s much, much more but that’s just a small snippet of Season 1/first arc (yes, we are on Season 2)
And it’s gonna get even more wackier!

png-clipart-angry-birds-star-wars-angry-birds-2-angry-birds-action-film-red-angry-chicken-owl-thumbnail.png

Redirected from the Bleach Thread:

tycx0wvh9t3a1.jpg

Honestly, this is why I can see people having issues with Kubo's work.
Because this was actually hinted at in the Anime and the Manga... but unless you have the official Manga, you won't really get that Ichigo's power truly does fluctuate with his mental level.
I wondered the hell was going on with Ichigo vs. Grimmjow and the whole "Plot Power" BS that Blade and everyone else hated... but with this shit, it just proves the fucker literally gimps himself if he isn't in the right mindstate till the Fullbringer Arc.

He honestly should put this stuff in the Chapter to make it more apparent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back