• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #23: The Light Always Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

Okay Ragnarok's story does have issues but THESE are not them.

"Why does Kratos refuse Odin's offer of peace? Even if only to buy time, it doesn't make any sense to refuse it."

EVERY SINGLE TIME that Kratos has ever made a deal with a God, he's gotten screwed and it's ended terribly for him. From Ares to Persephone to Athena to Gaia, they all screwed him over in the end. As a result Kratos has an intense (and frankly justified) mistrust of Gods in general.

Never mind the fact that he already knows (through Mimir) how much of a deceitful bastard Odin is, so why in hell would he ever accept that deal? Odin himself didn't even think he'd take it, that's why he brought Thor, to keep Kratos busy while he made his REAL OFFER to Atreus.

"But look at how diplomatically he acted with Baldur when they first met."

Kratos didn't even know Baldur was a God and didn't want more blood on his hands, so obviously he's gonna try and talk him down from starting a fight and effectively committing suicide. That's in no way a comparable scenario, not to mention that same game has him find out Freya is a Goddess and IMMEDIATELY walk out the door.

Despite the fact Freya had done nothing but help them, the mere fact that she was a Goddess was enough for him to disregard her until Atreus fell ill and he had NO CHOICE but to get her help. He had reasons to trust Freya, he has none to trust Odin.

"Why doesn't Kratos die when it was foreshadowed so much?

Because it hammers home the message of making your own destiny and not letting prophecies make your decisions for you. That these prophecies are not absolute is the WHOLE POINT of the Norns scene that you yourself brought up. It's a person's choices that define how their story goes, not some prophecy.

"Why does Atreus break the Mask, there's no reason to do so?"

You mean aside from the fact that seeking the knowledge from that mask is exactly what sent Odin down his terrible path in the first place? Kratos' earlier warning that easy answers/shortcuts always come with a price? And yes, Atreus knowing that if he uses the Mask then Kratos will likely die. He has plenty of reasons to break the mask.

Like I said, Ragnarok has issues but these complaints don't make any sense to me.

Last edited:

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
"Why does Atreus break the Mask, there's no reason to do so?"

You mean aside from the fact that seeking the knowledge from that mask is exactly what sent Odin down his terrible path in the first place? Kratos' earlier warning that easy answers/shortcuts always come with a price? And yes, Atreus knowing that if he uses the Mask then Kratos will likely die. He has plenty of reasons to break the mask.
I was actually expecting some real shit to happen like them actually going into that bootyhole of a dimension where Odin gets what he wants, transforms into some ridiculous ass giant God of doom, gets his ass busted by Kratos and the gang, and at the end of all the chaos, Odin's brain implodes from the infinite knowledge his puny Æsir brain couldn't hold :skully

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Jared Nomak was legit.

The actor gave us another good fight and villain in Hellboy 2. :awesome

2008 was a such a damn good year for comic book flicks. This, Iron Man 1, and The Dark Night, it makes me nostalgic for how much better movies were on average back than and how in general I was excited to go to the theater with friends and family to see it whereas the only film I have seen in theaters this year was Top Gun 2. Nothing else attracted me.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

More than anything, I miss this Hulk. Could have whooped Thanos’ ass since back than Hulk was both strong AND skilled in fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back