• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #23: The Light Always Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
He protecc
He attacc
But most importantly...
20221206_004716.jpg
Is this a picture you just took of your own... ok wow I don't remember what they're called.

The name is on the tip of my tongue. :hm

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Yeah, my family used to own a small dog(I think it was a Boston Terrier or so) along with 2 cats....
Let's just say that it HURTS when shit doesn't go right...
Lost some of the kittens and the female cat due to them somehow getting out and one of the neighbors rabid dogs getting out(seriously, fuck these terrible fucking dog owners who turn their dogs into fucking bloodhounds and never secure their shit), then we had to sell our dog to another owner because the landowner doesn't allow pets into their property and then a year or two later, they had to put our dog down.

I never felt so hurt in my life for all of those moments...
Absolutely agreed.
This stuff is why I usually keep my cats (spayed and neutered, of course) inside (both for their safety, the safety of other cats, and the bird population, because those motherfuckers kill billions a year :skully) unless it's absolutely not an option to do that, and even then you should just transfer them to a home that can keep them inside if you're unable to.

Plenty of people need to actually make sure their dog is secure (either on a leash when in a public space and making sure that their backyard/front door or what have you is closed) and take responsibility when their dog does some shit like attacking a person and/or their pets.
"oh but they never acted like this before" fuck off, I don't care.

Like I swear, I've seen too many people with dogs they just blatantly cannot control, and that's a huge safety hazard for everyone involved.
One small, unlikely slip-up and that's someone's child, partner, friend, or parent put 6 feet under.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Yeah, my family used to own a small dog(I think it was a Boston Terrier or so) along with 2 cats....
Let's just say that it HURTS when shit doesn't go right...
Lost some of the kittens and the female cat due to them somehow getting out and one of the neighbors rabid dogs getting out(seriously, fuck these terrible fucking dog owners who turn their dogs into fucking bloodhounds and never secure their shit), then we had to sell our dog to another owner because the landowner doesn't allow pets into their property and then a year or two later, they had to put our dog down.

I never felt so hurt in my life for all of those moments...
Fuck that landowner with a boiling hot iron pole.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
One thing that also pisses me off to no end is when I see people try to blame the victim, for getting attacked (or even mauled to death for that matter) by their dog, even when it was entirely unprovoked.

Pitbull owners in particular love to do this.

Last edited:

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member

There are few things stronger than the bond between a man and his dog. If the relationship was healthy, then whichever dies first, the other will mourn their loss unconditionally, as though they've just lost their own sibling, parent or child, because in a sense, either of them just did.

Heart goes out to Max. I know this feeling all too well after losing my dog Sally some years ago. Shit's painful as a motherfucker when you're separated like this. :wow

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Yo I almost didn't notice

Happy Birthday @Adamant soul my guy
Oh shit rlly?

Happy birthday @Adamant soul!

Happy birthday @Adamant soul

As a gift, I shall send you physical copies of every To Aru volume.
@Adamant soul Happy birthday Digiman.

@Adamant soul Happy Birthday fam.

My ass finally got some sleep and slept the entire day away. But i managed to wake up just in time
@Adamant soul @Gordo Happy Birthday 🎂🎉. Niggas
@Adamant soul @Gordo happy birthday,sadly i don't have money to pay for the party food :wow
Wee bit late on this, but happy birthday @Adamant soul hope you had a good one.
Thanks guys, thirty today.
It's a weird feeling. :maybe
Speaking of birthdays

it’s now me bday

mr-krabs.jpg
Happy Birthday Gordo

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Is this a picture you just took of your own... ok wow I don't remember what they're called.

The name is on the tip of my tongue. :hm
I believe it's a sugar tail glider (though it's tail is less bushy than the last one who snuck inside).

And yes I took that. It took ages to cath and let it outside, but it posed for a photo at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back