• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #24: Xmas goes to those with courage

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

Seems like Type Lumina is getting review bombed for the recent DLC choices... but apparently, it seems like from Kappa's perspective, it's not even Melty Blood fans doing this:

It's Tsukihime fans.
I have heard that side of the fanbase seriously hates the Fate fanbase due to being supplanted... but this is seriously salty as fuck territory now. I can understand the intent of not being happy of the Fate characters being in Type Lumina when other characters can be chosen but considering how it's clearly obvious that the intent is to get more people into the game and it was successful, it becomes even more spiteful.

And now, there's apparently a Counter-Review Bomb to bring it back up... we have truly reached a level.

The Fate/Tsuki war will never die, nor will it ever make sense :skully

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Nah, he gets fucked up, she ain't supernatural enough and he won't see her as such immediately.
Whatever this... abomination is? Go nuts.
:hm

Again, just because someone's not Othinus level does not mean he suddenly devolves into being bacteria level.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
That doesn't mean he'll be beyond her either.
I more so meant he'd be able to react and potentially use IB on her (circumstances of the fight not withstanding), rather than him literally becoming as strong as her (because that's not how it works).

But I'll just leave it at that. :maybe

I more so meant he'd be able to react and potentially use IB on her (circumstances of the fight not withstanding), rather than him literally becoming as strong as her (because that's not how it works).

But I'll just leave it at that. :maybe

Eh...
I usually go to Goldenboy about this but he usually walks away from any VS. threads about it but I can understand since he still needs to work on that topic.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Saber directly affected by IB not so much since she’s still a living human

Her NP and armor getting destroyed and magic supply getting null’d to where she’s an ordinary teenage girl is fair game

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Eh...
I usually go to Goldenboy about this but he usually walks away from any VS. threads about it but I can understand since he still needs to work on that topic.
Yeah... I don't have the quotes on me but usually he's way weaker than his opponents yet is able to dodge their attacks whether through physical ability or luck.

Like against Rensa he somehow falls at supersonic speeds to dodge a supersonic attack. Or him being able to block lightning, and Dragons Breath in the first volume after it was fired which even using Irradiance's conservative calc is mach 40,000 something, and at highest ftl.

Also we don't actually know whether the strength boosts come from IB or Touma, possibly one or the other, possibly both.

All we know is that he can somehow do superhuman shit and then get his ass beat by the us military:mjlol

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Yeah... I don't have the quotes on me but usually he's way weaker than his opponents yet is able to dodge their attacks whether through physical ability or luck.

Like against Rensa he somehow falls at supersonic speeds to dodge a supersonic attack. Or him being able to block lightning, and Dragons Breath in the first volume after it was fired which even using Irradiance's conservative calc is mach 40,000 something, and at highest ftl.

Also we don't actually know whether the strength boosts come from IB or Touma, possibly one or the other, possibly both.

All we know is that he can somehow do superhuman shit and then get his ass beat by the us military:mjlol
superhuman military tbh

Touma is one strange boy at the end of the day...
I would still give it to Artoria to be fair, in the Nasuverse, Luck literally allows you to basically defy the very Foundation of the World in plenty of cases and tell Fate to go fuck itself, you are staying around.
Touma would probably cause the Planet to collapse due to his sheer bad luck. :skully

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Can name plenty of other series, particularly ones as long running as Index, that are even more wildly inconsistent than Touma’s showings

Paxton

V.I.P. Member

Honestly, it seems like GT might have some heavy reveals in the next couple of volumes (just my hunch though).

If not, it'll be explained the same day Nasu explains what the fuck Primordial Daemons are :mjlol

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

Seems like Type Lumina is getting review bombed for the recent DLC choices... but apparently, it seems like from Kappa's perspective, it's not even Melty Blood fans doing this:

It's Tsukihime fans.
I have heard that side of the fanbase seriously hates the Fate fanbase due to being supplanted... but this is seriously salty as fuck territory now. I can understand the intent of not being happy of the Fate characters being in Type Lumina when other characters can be chosen but considering how it's clearly obvious that the intent is to get more people into the game and it was successful, it becomes even more spiteful.

And now, there's apparently a Counter-Review Bomb to bring it back up... we have truly reached a level.

Nah, most melty players don't want the fate characters and it has nothing to do with hate for fate. Niggas want their mains back, me included and instead they're just getting replaced with wastes of character slots. Sabers subpar outside of the unblockable gimmick she had which was a glitch that got removed and Mash is just trash Reis. The hope is this time Ushi and Dantes don't end up being weaker versions of existing characters they could have pulled from older games

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Can name plenty of other series, particularly ones as long running as Index, that are even more wildly inconsistent than Touma’s showings
i can name a certain series of transforming toy robots that is more inconsistent in one single episode than the entirety of ToAru’s pagetime

I know plenty, doesn't stop Touma from having inconsistent showings... though to be even more fair, it seems to supposed to actually be Touma's weakness or his own mental handicap and I'm talking too much about To Aru so...

Nah, most melty players don't want the fate characters and it has nothing to do with hate for fate. Niggas want their mains back, me included and instead they're just getting replaced with wastes of character slots. Sabers subpar outside of the unblockable gimmick she had which was a glitch that got removed and Mash is just trash Reis. The hope is this time Ushi and Dantes don't end up being weaker versions of existing characters they could have pulled from older games

I really don't give a rat's ass to be honest.
I find both extreme fans on both sides to be stupid as fuck, I do agree on the fact that Nasu or French Bread or whatever should either have went with a Fate Fighting Game or Melty Blood but I still find the review bombing to be childish as fuck.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
transformers, especially the original cartoon, is so notorious for multiple insane plot holes and retcons even within the same five minutes that they actually went back and said Unicron fucking with spacetime causes plot holes and animation errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back