• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #24: Xmas goes to those with courage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
She'll either have some charge inputs like dudley or have some form of rekka style commands like Abel's BNB strings.

I feel like her and manon def have the potential to be super solid.
I'm just hoping Manon's grab game is half as good as Abel's. I can already taste the salt :trolling

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I know plenty, doesn't stop Touma from having inconsistent showings... though to be even more fair, it seems to supposed to actually be Touma's weakness or his own mental handicap and I'm talking too much about To Aru so...

I really don't give a rat's ass to be honest.
I find both extreme fans on both sides to be stupid as fuck, I do agree on the fact that Nasu or French Bread or whatever should either have went with a Fate Fighting Game or Melty Blood but I still find the review bombing to be childish as fuck.

Again, no one cares if they're gonna add fate characters, it's them being ass, especially in comparison to existing cast members. Or just make them someone who can actually deal with Vlov's bullshit because he was already the best character in the game but they keep buffing him or nerfing everyone around him which just makes him stronger.

Though this is mainly the sentiment of a lot of twitter peeps and the higher level players. The review bombing probably comes from the frustration some people are feeling not random tsukihime fans who hate fate. If they were gonna hate on the game they'd have started at it way before now

Again, no one cares if they're gonna add fate characters, it's them being ass, especially in comparison to existing cast members. Or just make them someone who can actually deal with Vlov's bullshit because he was already the best character in the game but they keep buffing him or nerfing everyone around him which just makes him stronger.

Though this is mainly the sentiment of a lot of twitter peeps and the higher level players. The review bombing probably comes from the frustration some people are feeling not random tsukihime fans who hate fate. If they were gonna hate on the game they'd have started at it way before now

I kinda figured looking at high level play Vlov was a major problem but really, that's the problem is that they basically suck?
But that making Vlov look better stuff just reminds me of nonsense from Beast's Lair and some sentiment people have now... just makes me chuckle.

But yeah, it probably is from the lower rung which is who I'm talking about. High level players usually have their own issues but I'm talking about people from Youtube and Reddit and shit, people who would actually review bomb over stupid reasons.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I know plenty, doesn't stop Touma from having inconsistent showings... though to be even more fair, it seems to supposed to actually be Touma's weakness or his own mental handicap and I'm talking too much about To Aru so...

No worse than Saber getting KO’d from being thrown into a wall at 200 kph by Kuzuki.

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I kinda figured looking at high level play Vlov was a major problem but really, that's the problem is that they basically suck?
But that making Vlov look better stuff just reminds me of nonsense from Beast's Lair and some sentiment people have now... just makes me chuckle.

But yeah, it probably is from the lower rung which is who I'm talking about. High level players usually have their own issues but I'm talking about people from Youtube and Reddit and shit, people who would actually review bomb over stupid reasons.
After the fixed the glitch almost no one plays Saber because everything she wants to do is done better by everyone already on the roster. Then Mash came along and she was trash. She had Ries' moveset but basically ass versions of them. To make shit worse P.Ciel does the armor gimmick way better than her and P.Ciel was added right before her.

People were also mad about neco arc stating she'd temporarily increase activity but as soon as the hype died everyone who advocated for her to be in over other characters is just gonna stop playing the game any way and thats exactly what happened. So people are pretty pissed about most of the dlc additions. Aoko and D.A.N. (Dead Apostle Noel) are actually two really good characters and one's a returning character, the other's plucked straight from the light novel. So people want more of the competitive type characters like them added rather than the crowd pleasers or hype magnets.

The easiest answer would be adding Nanaya since he's be both competitive and a hype magnet but it probably won't happen until whatever dlc the remake gets happens

After the fixed the glitch almost no one plays Saber because everything she wants to do is done better by everyone already on the roster. Then Mash came along and she was trash. She had Ries' moveset but basically ass versions of them. To make shit worse P.Ciel does the armor gimmick way better than her and P.Ciel was added right before her.

People were also mad about neco arc stating she'd temporarily increase activity but as soon as the hype died everyone who advocated for her to be in over other characters is just gonna stop playing the game any way and thats exactly what happened. So people are pretty pissed about most of the dlc additions. Aoko and D.A.N. (Dead Apostle Noel) are actually two really good characters and one's a returning character, the other's plucked straight from the light novel. So people want more of the competitive type characters like them added rather than the crowd pleasers or hype magnets.

The easiest answer would be adding Nanaya since he's be both competitive and a hype magnet but it probably won't happen until whatever dlc the remake gets happens

Okay, that makes more sense... so just make them actually good, not basically just weaker versions of either other characters or terribly done versions.

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Funny enough Nanaya is who most of the player base wants added but only because a lot of Melty content creators keep memeing him

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Okay, that makes more sense... so just make them actually good, not basically just weaker versions of either other characters or terribly done versions.
Pmuch. People were mad at the Ushi outfit change (which is whatever tbh) but are hoping she and Dantes work out well. Dantes looks like he can actually contest vlov at his own game and Ushi's gameplan seems to be to bait shields which are still considered op even after the system changes. If they end up good people might actually get hype for more fate characters

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
theofficialjaredfogle-13122022-0001.jpg

Pmuch. People were mad at the Ushi outfit change (which is whatever tbh) but are hoping she and Dantes work out well. Dantes looks like he can actually contest vlov at his own game and Ushi's gameplan seems to be to bait shields which are still considered op even after the system changes. If they end up good people might actually get hype for more fate characters

I find the Ushi outfit change to be weird but find people suddenly going stupid for the outfit change because "It makes her look better" to be even more cringe(Which is funny to me because Type Lumina allows you to edit colors...)
But yeah, as long as they make them actually useful and not just hype magnets, then yeah, that's understandable.
Would suck to finally get Nanaya and he's a gimped Shiki Tohno, after all... or play SFV or Strive and find alot of characters are missing movesets and playstyles are virtually gutted.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
it’s still crazy to me that ds3’s soundtrack has like 8 songs as good as Ludwig and Lady Maria’s themes

Yuka Kitamura was going absolutely insane on that soundtrack and even Elden Ring couldn’t hold a candle to it

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
@Xhominid the Fool I know you haven't watched it yet(you will eventually, even if you hate it :mjpls ) but Seth wanked Artoria as far as outerversal/omniversal in the video. Not even VSBW have wanked her to that stat yet.:russ

Type-Rey

Acclaimed

Seems like Type Lumina is getting review bombed for the recent DLC choices... but apparently, it seems like from Kappa's perspective, it's not even Melty Blood fans doing this:

It's Tsukihime fans.
I have heard that side of the fanbase seriously hates the Fate fanbase due to being supplanted... but this is seriously salty as fuck territory now. I can understand the intent of not being happy of the Fate characters being in Type Lumina when other characters can be chosen but considering how it's clearly obvious that the intent is to get more people into the game and it was successful, it becomes even more spiteful.

And now, there's apparently a Counter-Review Bomb to bring it back up... we have truly reached a level.

Tbh, the game deserves some shit because motherfuckers are dead set on mistranslating every single line in it. :oldryoma

Other than that, honestly, it's a nothing burger and the "conflict" is amplified by the larger fanbase for no reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back