• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #24: Xmas goes to those with courage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
wow, this is really sad

aside the rock's bad acting skills, he was a lit badam, not to mention, cuz of his efforts, cavil made that cameo and hyped the movie

even

more

ngl

that woke era is really bad, caped genre is on some auto self destruct mode, with those bad decisions

and now that lol gunn is in charge, bye bye dceu too

they really bad/mid, once again

dwayne even admitted, that dceu can't progress without cavil supes, he actually respects the fans, just bruh

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The Suicide Squad 2021 was an awful, garbage movie. Pedo Gunn sucks

I thought the Rock and Cavill could possibly revitalize the superhero craze (bring in actual masculine role models which the MCU fails to do) but now they’re both gone. DCEU has entirely gone down the drain now

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
@Masterblack06

waiting-its-been84years.gif

Also, how big is this dude?

87ba0cd2.png

CYAC-JP024 刀皇-都牟羽沓薙 Touou – Tsumuhakutsunagi (Sword Emperor – Tsumuhakutsunagi)
Level 11 WIND Warrior Spirit Effect Monster
ATK 3000
DEF 3000
LV11 3000/3000
Cannot be Special Summoned. You can Tribute Summon this card by Tributing 1 Normal Summoned/Set monster.
(1) If this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up: Activate this effect; your opponent can send any number of cards they control to the GY, and if they do, each player draws an equal number of cards. During the End Phase of this turn, shuffle all cards that are banished, on the field, and in the GYs into the Deck.
(2) Once per turn, during the End Phase, if this card was Normal Summoned or flipped face-up this turn: Return this card to the hand.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
@Masterblack06

waiting-its-been84years.gif

Also, how big is this dude?

87ba0cd2.png

CYAC-JP024 刀皇-都牟羽沓薙 Touou – Tsumuhakutsunagi (Sword Emperor – Tsumuhakutsunagi)
Level 11 WIND Warrior Spirit Effect Monster
ATK 3000
DEF 3000
LV11 3000/3000
Cannot be Special Summoned. You can Tribute Summon this card by Tributing 1 Normal Summoned/Set monster.
(1) If this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up: Activate this effect; your opponent can send any number of cards they control to the GY, and if they do, each player draws an equal number of cards. During the End Phase of this turn, shuffle all cards that are banished, on the field, and in the GYs into the Deck.
(2) Once per turn, during the End Phase, if this card was Normal Summoned or flipped face-up this turn: Return this card to the hand.
Definitely not as big as this guy. :mjpls

Number9DysonSphere-MGED-EN-R-1E.png

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The majority of dragonball villains are copy pasted character traits from the villain and arc that started those tropes dragonball is known for, the King Piccolo arc. If Aizen is more of a meme than a character then most dragonball villains are more obstacles rather than characters, they are like the recolored bosses you see in videogames in terms of personality.
Can't get over the stupidity of this statement. How the fuck are all Dragon Ball villains copy/pastes of each other? How the fuck is Piccolo Daimao anything like Frieza? How is he anything like Cell or Buu? How are Cell or Buu anything like each other? How is Cell anything like Frieza?

Aside from the fact that they are all irredeemable bastard type villains (although even then Majin Buu is different as he's more a force of nature, at least in his original form anyway) and therefore pure evil, they are completely different in terms of personality and methodology.

This kind of stupid over-generalization of pure evil villains is why we get people asking for...
These days people want villains who are multilayered and believable as characters.
This bullshit, which more often than not results in villains who are whiny little bitches (what a lot of people saw Zamasu as when Dragon Ball actually tried it) or otherwise just plain boring. Yes it CAN work well, but so can villains who are just pure evil, it depends on how it's written. Neither is inherently better than the other.

But it's like people see villains like Frieza or Lucemon and assume because they're cartoonishly evil, that they're on the same level as incompetent Saturday Morning Cartoon villains, which is what people really mean when they say villains like this are shit. Which obviously is pure nonsense.

GregSteve

Bakugou died for your lmao's
V.I.P. Member

Can't get over the stupidity of this statement. How the fuck are all Dragon Ball villains copy/pastes of each other? How the fuck is Piccolo Daimao anything like Frieza? How is he anything like Cell or Buu? How are Cell or Buu anything like each other? How is Cell anything like Frieza?

Aside from the fact that they are all irredeemable bastard type villains (although even then Majin Buu is different as he's more a force of nature, at least in his original form anyway) and therefore pure evil, they are completely different in terms of personality and methodology.

This kind of stupid over-generalization of pure evil villains is why we get people asking for...

This bullshit, which more often than not results in villains who are whiny little bitches (what a lot of people saw Zamasu as when Dragon Ball actually tried it) or otherwise just plain boring. Yes it CAN work well, but so can villains who are just pure evil, it depends on how it's written. Neither is inherently better than the other.

But it's like people see villains like Frieza or Lucemon and assume because they're cartoonishly evil, that they're on the same level as incompetent Saturday Morning Cartoon villains, which is what people really mean when they say villains like this are shit. Which obviously is pure nonsense.
I don't like when they try to make you feel for the villain anymore he ends up just being the MCs bestie at that point something the Z villians never were in part 2

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I don't like when they try to make you feel for the villain anymore he ends up just being the MCs bestie at that point something the Z villians never were in part 2
Depends how you do it really.

Something like Ogremon in Digimon Adventure felt very forced and rushed because the guy had been pretty indisputably evil up to that point, then suddenly he's a good guy just because Mimi and Jyou bandaged him up. And I like Ogremon (wish he was used more often) but I ain't gonna pretend that shit wasn't hamfisted.

Whereas Tamers actually took its time with Impmon/Beelzebumon's entire character arc, to the point where everything from his fall into madness to his eventual redemption actually felt earned and made sense. Largely contributing to him being my favorite fictional character ever.

Or even looking at Dragon Ball examples, Vegeta and Piccolo are my two favorite characters because it worked with them, whereas #17 even being alive was some bullshit and Majin Buu was a bit cheap. :maybe

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I watched the TMNT OVA after 20-ish years and not remembering anything and I feel like I remember less, wasn't expecting them to turn into Kinnikuman-looking characters for the whole first episode:hestonpls
SLLwk2j.png

Star level/FTL composite TMNT isn't too bad though all things considered :mjpls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back