• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #24: Xmas goes to those with courage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do. Was born and raised Catholic Christian over here in Ireland, and although I don't practice anymore, part of me still wants to believe and has faith that something exists beyond what is here in life. Will never let that part go, and don't think I ever could, even if I wanted to. Would love to see my dad and other dead relatives again. Only way that'd be possible, is through an afterlife. All jokes aside, because many are thrown around here for the laughs, no matter our beliefs, we'll all find out what lies ahead in the end, when we all pass on.

Will say this: If you end up being on the money, Blade, I'll meet you up there, and we can have a drink on me. Non-alcoholic, of course, because I have no intention of ever tasting liquor. :mjlol

Shit, I honestly hate having to confront that fact myself(especially due to my "creativity" deciding to want me to think of that question alot) but to be frank, I want there to be an Afterlife just so I can understand and see the stories of many others before me and even after me. Hang out with the buds and get some drinks and shit.

We ultimately have something keeping us alive in the end and I don't think it's something as simple as neurons, nerves and electricity.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
i ain't smoking or drinking either cuz i stopped going out at nightclubs and all, they don't attract me anymore, you can have game, on other places too, trust me, only simps go at nightclubs anymore, or dealers, lol

drinking a cup of wine or beer, when i can, is better than consuming alcohol and other lol substances

another thing which is annoying, prob you gais noticed it too, is, lets say, you are out, for coffee

98% of them, are locked into their phones, no eye contact, very rare

and i am like ''bruh''

people start losing the human interaction, like that

the ai's really began to control the human brain, its sad, ngl

Last edited:

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
OZC-Live-Kamen-Rider-Ex-Aid-BD-Box-E44-The-Last-Smile-720p-mkv-snapshot-21-45-2018-11-27-14-54-34.jpg

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
i am gonna ask you a simple question

thats the one, i asked to some atheists irl too, when we had a convo about religion

started

saying all of their stuff and what they think and etc, but

i asked them, this only simple question: ''if a man is able to do all this, show me, an expert scientist creating a soul to that wavelength like we have and make another ''perfect'' being like us, cuz, they can make clones, but how about a soul, can they?''

and they get silenced, you don't have to raise your voice, or argue with them, and waste energy

i asked them, this only simple question: ''if man is able to do all this, show me, an expert scientist creating a soul to that wavelength like we have and make another ''perfect'' being like us, cuz, they can make clones, but how about a soul, can they?''

I remember stumping myself a few months ago with that question myself when it came to clones... but then I remembered the obvious fallacy:

Clones do not act like the people they came from. Even Cloned Chickens don't act the same as their originals in the slightest which means that there is something special there in the end result no matter what:
A Soul. We cannot resurrect the dead even if we have all of the current tools we have now because something is ultimately lost.
So in the end result, there is something ultimately out there that allows us to live but if that's the case, where do we get Souls in the first place? Meaning there ultimately has to be a "Creator" at the end of the day(Let alone how the Big Bang even surfaced in the first place).

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
The afterlife always makes me wonder after our time is over what will awaits us
We will find out eventually, lad, when our time comes.

Until then though, make the best of the life you have here. Because whether its the afterlife or immediate reincarnation that awaits us after we expire, I got a feeling there's something. And again, that part of me hopes this is the case, specifically for the former. :yousmart

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
One last subject on faith, I do love how Atheists claim Christians only hold back the development of scientific breakthroughs. Nevermind the sci-fi tier alternatives to the creation of the universe that scientists come up with that are just as nonsensical and unproven as they argue God is.

What I would really love to see is how many atheists in history willingly gave up their own lives for science like these Jesuit priests did for their fellow man in an integral part of understanding how to better deal with the yellow fever epidemic. So much for Christians not believing in the importance of science.

>Adds in the entire Past Gotei 13 in a flashback and make them as savage as Yhwach claims
>Don't even get their names or their Squad Designation in the Anime, but in his Klub Outside
>Never planned on elaborating on Ichigo's new Shikai and Bankai and how it looks like the original Zangetsu until people asked him on Klub Outside.

Dude is the epitome of "I refuse to say shit unless pressed or you pay me" :oldryoma

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Year-end reviews time.

This year, I picked up Bubblegum Crisis, some other cyberpunk settings, caught enough of one of the biggest creative flops of all time, and came to really enjoy a comic involving...makeup. Seriously.

Here's what I noticed and learned from all of them.

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
The afterlife always makes me wonder after our time is over what will awaits us
I don't fear much whats after death,i like to think how there is many horrors in the unknown there is wonders, i had near-death experience before and i didn't feel what was beyond was bad , but my body developed a huge trauma of the exprience that i struggle dealing with to this day.

I was never able to find myself in any sort of religion, i guess my brother didn't either,but i think if he break up with his current gf he might turn into a buddhist monk :skully

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back