• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #24: Xmas goes to those with courage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
dfknv8e-7664d6ca-e41c-44a4-989b-f9df97eae8f7.png

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Caped movies are on the same path, especially with folks like James Gunn doing what their doing

To be fair, American Comics was LONG fucked for precisely the opposite reason why Anime and Manga are thriving currently:

They refused to actually create any real variety and primarily stuck to a single genre above all else.

While the problems we see now are definitely major pratfalls that are accelerating the decline, refusing to really do anything to primarily get it out of the Superhero Genre, primarily sticking too hard to allowing the inmates to run the asylum rather than do atleast what other Countries do and allow the creators to own their shit and ultimately just not giving a rat's ass about really changing the scope truly fucked them over hardcore.

Anime and Manga aren't really doing so well either(Not in terms of sale but in terms of actually allowing series to be unique and thrive) but there's a reason why it will be difficult to top them even when the worst happens meanwhile American Comics haven't been profitable for well over a decade.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Anime and Manga aren't really doing so well either(Not in terms of sale but in terms of actually allowing series to be unique and thrive)
Hm? Personally I disagree with this, Shonen Jump might be very cutthroat about manga. (there were manga I would've liked to see continue) But it's that same cutthroatness that allows good manga that survive. (Not to say that Jump doesn't have bad manga, it very much has a lot of stinkers, but it also has pretty much the best shonen mangas) (Jump also has a pretty unique selection of manga anyway so I don't really get the manga isn't unique enough part.)

Now stuff outside of Jump I can see what you mean, there are a ton of derivative Isekai ln mangas that are either adaptations or 'inspired' and are all the same shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back