• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #24: Xmas goes to those with courage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
ddzor525hvt91.png

Hm? Personally I disagree with this, Shonen Jump might be very cutthroat about manga. (there were manga I would've liked to see continue) But it's that same cutthroatness that allows good manga that survive. (Not to say that Jump doesn't have bad manga, it very much has a lot of stinkers, but it also has pretty much the best shonen mangas) (Jump also has a pretty unique selection of manga anyway so I don't really get the manga isn't unique enough part.)

Now stuff outside of Jump I can see what you mean, there are a ton of derivative Isekai ln mangas that are either adaptations or 'inspired' and are all the same shit.

In a sense, you are right but also in that same sense, they are also cutting shit way too soon and not giving it any real chance to breathe or giving them absolutely shitty editors that leads series to an early grave.
So I ultimately agree and disagree all at once but yeah, the Isekai overload is getting ridiculous and isn't helping at all.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
F1554-F37-C01-D-4395-B279-6-A3-BF5-FF3-A9-A.jpg

he’s got a point
Yet more proof, as if any more was needed, that the anime and manga are separate canons, because if they weren't, Trunks would look even more retarded here, given he and Goten have also seen Doctor Mashirito's ghost as well during the Dr. Slump Crossover episode. :mjlol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back