• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #26: Forth Eorlingas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
FmsVRbmWQAAfzJY

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Budokai Tenkaichi 4 with the same controls and handling like 3 would be amazing.

Crazy how many imitators, Raging Blast, Ultimate Tenkaichi, Battle of Z, or Xenoverse, tried and failed to replicate the quality of BT2 - BT3

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
On that note, other than FighterZ which matches it for me, Budokai 3 is still the king of 2D DBZ fighters

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
@Papa Nier @Thegoldenboy2188

I'm going to be looking for someone who can make me avatars of all of Aragorn's ancestors and put them into a family tree. I will give a list. There are a lot of them but they don't need to be super detailed since they'll be small. This is for the first of the lore videos I want to launch for the OBD channel. Can either of you do it? You will be credited and get a tip.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
To be fair, after Russia’s continuing blunder in Ukraine showing what an undisciplined joke their military is, I’d argue that particular episode hasn’t aged well.
Problem there is that the Spetsnaz in that episode were a Cold War era version of them, not a modern day one so it would make no sense to judge them by that.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Problem there is that the Spetsnaz in that episode were a Cold War era version of them, not a modern day one so it would make no sense to judge them by that.
True, their probably not as good as they were back than after decades of corruption and the Ukraine war showing just how stagnant Russia’s military is, relying on Cold War era equipment and even recycled garbage for body armor and making some of the dumbest mistakes I’ve ever seen on the battlefield.

Even than, I’d argue the Spetsnaz in their Soviet Union era prime not being outright superior to our own special forces. It’s just today it’s not even a contest.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
True, their probably not as good as they were back than after decades of corruption and the Ukraine war showing just how stagnant Russia’s military is, relying on Cold War era equipment and even recycled garbage for body armor and making some of the dumbest mistakes I’ve ever seen on the battlefield.

Even than, I’d argue the Spetsnaz in their Soviet Union era prime not being outright superior to our own special forces. It’s just today it’s not even a contest.
That implies we have not stagnated ourselves.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
That implies we have not stagnated ourselves.
Our weapons certainly haven’t with how thoroughly NATO-standard weapons we provided the most of have been kicking wannabe-Soviet Union ass. When you look at the amount of spending US does each year for NATO, we basically are the entire backbone of the organization.

We’ve also been getting our own soldiers to give the Ukrainians the training they need to fight on the battlefield and operate our weapons. What the Ukrainians are learning from our own military bases are what’s making them such an effective force against Russians.

We’re about to find out how good the UK’s tanks still hold up too soon

Last edited:

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
These motherfuckers really came in with tanks using egg cartons for armor.

51937068265_5b4442d73f_o.png

Putin’s multi-billion dollar military budget right here

:hestonpls

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
@NostalgiaFan Adding on to the above, if anything Putin’s “special military operation” has cemented the United States as still a leading world power just as it’s always been. UK, France, Germany, Poland, etc all look better than they ever have too with their support for Ukraine.

Meanwhile, Russia in their current situation has a solid chance of becoming a failed state within a decade from now unless serious reform of the entire country happens soon

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
It's laughable how Kareem became the number 2.

When Kareem shouldn't even be top 4 all time.

in the 60's Bill and Wilt are 1 and 2

In what era was kareem number one, 70's? 80's?

Nope 70's was Dr. J's era. He was the undisputed best Basketball player ABA and NBA.

In the 80's it was Bird and Magic Era. they are the undisputed 1a and 1b. That's 5 people already better than Kareem in the ranking.

:sips: people elevating Kareem too much because Lebron need to overtake someone which just so happens to be Kareem's scoring title.

If Lebron is catching up in the assist title they'll push stockton as the number one pg.

:sips:

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Our weapons certainly haven’t with how thoroughly NATO-standard weapons we provided the most of have been kicking wannabe-Soviet Union ass. When you look at the amount of spending US does each year for NATO, we basically are the entire backbone of the organization.

We’ve also been getting our own soldiers to give the Ukrainians the training they need to fight on the battlefield and operate our weapons. What the Ukrainians are learning from our own military bases are what’s making them such an effective force against Russians.

We’re about to find out how good the UK’s tanks still hold up too soon

Astaro, you seem to be under the misguided notion that I am defending Russia's military, and was not instead suggesting ours is not without critique as far as how we train our soldiers or how we operate considering our failures to achieve anything in Iraq and Afghan. You also are under the misguided thought that you must think the Ukrainians must be "winning" because they are an "effective fighting force" when even guys on the ground have been saying otherwise.

Russia's incompetence in the field, does not somehow mean Ukraine is by contrast effective, it's more like they are both fighting like idiots and run by retards who are both way in over their heads and the only reason you have been led to believe otherwise is because you are looking at the war through the side of Ukrainian aligned accounts and media. You also are way too into this judging by the fact you made 3 consecutive replies in a row which is pretty over the top to a simple comment I made. I suggest not getting too worked up and thinking things are all peachy when as far as things are looking the war is not likely to end the way you, or anyone thinks it will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back