• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #26: Forth Eorlingas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

One of the co-directors behind the game this redundant tv show is a literal copy and paste off (and the one that kept Neil’s terrible ideas in check, hence the shit sequel he wasn’t a part of Neil directed all on his own) and Cuckmann can’t even be bothered to mention him just like with Part 1 remake game.

In case you need further proof of what a self-absorbed narcissist Neil is.

J1QF28L.jpg

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

One of the co-directors behind the game this redundant tv show is a literal copy and paste off (and the one that kept Neil’s terrible ideas in check, hence the shit sequel he wasn’t a part of Neil directed all on his own) and Cuckmann can’t even be bothered to mention him just like with Part 1 remake game.

Well of course.

He's probably still salty as fuck that the original ending was praised for being so ambiguous and that that version will always be viewed as superior to his one that tries desperately to make Joel seem like the villain. :hestonpls

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Well of course.

He's probably still salty as fuck that the original ending was praised for being so ambiguous and that that version will always be viewed as superior to his one that tries desperately to make Joel seem like the villain. :hestonpls

vumiofzhzwl51.png

Hope Bruce’s new gaming studio he started goes on to take a shit on Naughty Dog which admittedly isn’t hard to do now.

TrueG 37

Acclaimed

J1QF28L.jpg

The guy haunts him in his dreams man. Try to understand :skully .

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
It is always funny to me when author's/creator's specifically set out to make people dislike a certain character and, not only do they fail at it, that character ends up among if not the most popular character in that fiction. :kobeha

Like Rorschach, Joel and I'm guessing (based on James Cameron's comments about testosterone) probably Quaritch from Avatar as well. :maybe

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
The guy haunts him in his dreams man. Try to understand :skully .
Amy Hennig too

And now I really question how on Earth she left Naughty Dog right in the middle of the Uncharted series she created for that company at the peak of its glory

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
At least Uncharted 4's story still turned out pretty good, even if it did some very big early warning signs for what was to come later.

But yeah, Uncharted 2 and 3 story > Uncharted 4 story.
Nadine. Just Nadine. Was basically a prototype for Abby.

Even Uncharted 1 > 4. Amy’s original pitch for the game of Drake having a brother he never knew he had and being the antagonist was better and actually made more sense too

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
It is always funny to me when author's/creator's specifically set out to make people dislike a certain character and, not only do they fail at it, that character ends up among if not the most popular character in that fiction. :kobeha

Like Rorschach, Joel and I'm guessing (based on James Cameron's comments about testosterone) probably Quaritch from Avatar as well. :maybe
the thing with Quaritch is that he’s obviously a shitty person, everyone can tell that, but he is by far the best performance in the movie and most entertaining to watch

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Nadine. Just Nadine. Was basically a prototype for Abby.
Pretty much
Even Uncharted 1 > 4. Amy’s original pitch for the game of Drake having a brother he never knew he had and being the antagonist was better and actually made more sense too

I'm still not really fond on the "sibling coming out of nowhere" plot line, but at least Nate not knowing about him to begin with would make more sense than him just not having mentioned Sam at all before now (weather he thought he was dead or not).

Though I have no doubt Amy's Uncharted 4 would have taken a steaming dump all over Neil's.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Pretty much

I'm still not really fond on the "sibling coming out of nowhere" plot line, but at least Nate not knowing about him to begin with would make more sense than him just not having mentioned Sam at all before now (weather he thought he was dead or not).

Though I have no doubt Amy's Uncharted 4 would have taken a steaming dump all over Neil's.
In this case, it could have worked with Nathan’s background as a street urchin established in Uncharted 3 who barely knew his mother and didnt have a clue who his father was

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
the thing with Quaritch is that he’s obviously a shitty person, everyone can tell that, but he is by far the best performance in the movie and most entertaining to watch
Yeah but I honestly don't think he was MEANT to be as entertaining as he was, I think Cameron just thought people would hate him and that'd be it, He didn't count on him being as popular as he was, owed in no small part to Steven Lang knocking it out of the park.

Which is why he was brought back for the 2nd one and (for lack of a better term) given a few more "humanizing" qualities in The Way of Water. Not so much that he's sympathetic by any means (he's still entertaining as hell) but enough that he's not quite on the same level of cartoonishly evil. Guess Cameron thought If I have to keep this guy around, I might as well do something with the character, which is fair enough, I'm not complaining.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Yeah but I honestly don't think he was MEANT to be as entertaining as he was, I think Cameron just thought people would hate him and that'd be it, He didn't count on him being as popular as he was, owed in no small part to Steven Lang knocking it out of the park.

Which is why he was brought back for the 2nd one and (for lack of a better term) given a few more "humanizing" qualities in The Way of Water. Not so much that he's sympathetic by any means (he's still entertaining as hell) but enough that he's not quite on the same level of cartoonishly evil. Guess Cameron thought If I have to keep this guy around, I might as well do something with the character, which is fair enough, I'm not complaining.
I chalk up the latter to like you said, Steven Lang doing such a good job at playing him. He’s a fairly one-note character, but that doesn’t have to be a bad thing and Lang leaned into that completely

Cameron is generally speaking a talented and skilled guy, so I think he recognized what he had and decided to use it more consciously this time. Also he probably had some sense of loyalty to that cast since they did help him have this big ass movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back