• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #27: The Show Must go on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Ironically, back than was Funimation at its best. Sure they did liberties to dub by changing soundtracks and giving characters changes in lines and personality.

But they were a small team of some dedicated voice actors that made it work. The Yu Yu Hakusho American dub being one of the best examples of this.

I just met Stephanie Nadolyn at a store this month (the OG voice actress for Kid Goku and Gohan) and she basically confirmed what we all see in Funimation today from her own experience of seeing it change

They got political and far left leaning as they got bigger and according to her, the most influential voice actors, likely Sean and Chris, started giving jobs to old college and work friends over actual talented actors (which is why more than half the people at Funimation these days are forgettable or outright suck) and making inner circles and toxic work environments for those that didn’t have their political alignments and actively trying to get them replaced.

She left and got replaced by Funimation because of this. Puts some new light on the bullshit that happened to Vic Mignogna too (Christian and expresses it with fans, Conservative, apparently voted for Trump which especially triggered all his leftard coworkers, defamation against him started just after his big success with the Broly movie coincidentally which would have also had him not being “persuaded” to leave Funimation any time soon.)

Last edited:

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Best part is that I didn’t even inquire her about it. I just told her how she’s the better actress for Gohan than whoever it was that replaced her and thats all it took for her to tell me the details of why she left. Can tell she had nothing but disdain for the company by the time she washed her hands with them. Good on her to not get caught up in all their later shit too

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
They got political and far left leaning as they got bigger and according to her, the most influential voice actors, likely Sean and Chris, started giving jobs to old college and work friends over actual talented actors (which is why more than half the people at Funimation these days are forgettable or outright suck) and making inner circles and toxic work environments for those that didn’t have their political alignments and actively trying to get them replaced.
Why am I not surprised

She left and got replaced by Funimation because of this. Puts some new light on the bullshit that happened to Vic Mignogna too (Christian and expresses it with fans, Conservative, apparently voted for Trump which especially triggered all his leftard coworkers, defamation against him started just after his big success with the Broly movie coincidentally which would have also had him not being “persuaded” to leave Funimation any time soon.)
Success breeds jealousy

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Best part is that I didn’t even inquire her about it. I just told her how she’s the better actress for Gohan than whoever it was that replaced her and thats all it took for her to tell me the details of why she left. Can tell she had nothing but disdain for the company by the time she washed her hands with them. Good on her to not get caught up in all their later shit too
It's a shame cause she was the best kid Goku and Gohan actor
Colleen sucks as kid Goku

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
FotZK13X0AAGBWu
FovKd2AXEAEWvBZ

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

Best episode so far. Though I must say, Toshio might be a forerunner of the trend of emasculated men in animation. He is useful to Hitomi for his inside information but I don't know why she'd waste her time on such a geek otherwise.

Why am I not surprised

Success breeds jealousy

The worst part is that now they are doing the same thing with Crunchyroll, making it constantly Texas VA over anyone else, causing everyone's worst fears to manifest completely.
It's to the point people are hoping AM Studios can come to be just so we can get actual differences in VA when it comes to the Anime scene outside of some A1 Productions.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Ironically, back than was Funimation at its best. Sure they did liberties to dub by changing soundtracks and giving characters changes in lines and personality.

But they were a small team of some dedicated voice actors that made it work. The Yu Yu Hakusho American dub being one of the best examples of this.

I just met Stephanie Nadolyn at a store this month (the OG voice actress for Kid Goku and Gohan) and she basically confirmed what we all see in Funimation today from her own experience of seeing it change

It's a shame cause she was the best kid Goku and Gohan actor
Colleen sucks as kid Goku
I think she was referring to Colleen, ironically

I remember seeing an interview some time ago and Laura Bailey mentioned that Colleen was her roommate during DBZ’s run. Same with Travis Willingham, who was just a football frat guy chad that she met while they were in college (although being fair he asked her to audition since he said every guy in his frat and the college football team loved DBZ)

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
>5-year-old nieces come over to play for the birthday of one of them.
>Throw on Crash Bandicoot, since they love to play it.
>Goes on one of the final levels of Crash Bandicoot: Cortex Strikes Back.
>Both proceed to get destroyed repeatedly by the first platform, which burns you, if you touch its side.
>Both me and my sister end up showing them how to jump on it properly and move forward.
>Only birthday girl is able to get it, because I helped her a little as she was doing it.
>Ends up starting a small rivalry after that with the other niece, in what had to be the cutest game of "Its my turn to die on Crash now." I've ever seen. :hestonpls

Best part was the younger, based nephew, who just crouch walked almost the entire time, and cheered about going the opposite way he was supposed to, going back to the start of the level. Had both nieces fuming with a smile on his face like a total troll. I have taught him well.:russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back