• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #27: The Show Must go on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
Also why is bulma not even tracking any of the RR movement she should have enough brain to do that kind of shit.
After the new female buu.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Another year, another waste of everyone's time for the manga.

Watch the nut-gaggers claim its still worth reading and good quality. :hestonpls
Honestly not bothered myself. Don’t mind reading a manga adaptation of a movie I enjoyed. Just hoping it’s expanded on more. Not often we get a Gohan / Piccolo focused arc

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Honestly not bothered myself. Don’t mind reading a manga adaptation of a movie I enjoyed. Just hoping it’s expanded on more. Not often we get a Gohan / Piccolo focused arc
Considering who its coming from, and the last two major arcs that were written(along with the rest of the manga, in general), you probably should. :kobeha

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Considering who its coming from, and the last two major arcs that were written(along with the rest of the manga, in general), you probably should. :kobeha
I’ll give Toyo this: I do like some of his ideas that weren’t in the anime or the anime actually copied.

Vegeta fighting in God form and rapidly changing in and out of the stronger Blue form to take advantage of the surge of power in transforming for extra speed and power was a cool way of making a previously obsolete form relevant. Anime would end up having Goku copy this in the Tournament of Power

I also liked the Mastered Super Saiyan Blue form where all God Ki is focused within the body for another huge boost and even allowing Goku to use GoD techniques like Hakai

I wish both these ideas weren’t just dropped afterwards

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
I’ll give Toyo this: I do like some of his ideas that weren’t in the anime or the anime actually copied.

Vegeta fighting in God form and rapidly changing in and out of the stronger Blue form to take advantage of the surge of power in transforming for extra speed and power was a cool way of making a previously obsolete form relevant. Anime would end up having Goku copy this in the Tournament of Power

I also liked the Mastered Super Saiyan Blue form where all God Ki is focused within the body for another huge boost and even allowing Goku to use GoD techniques like Hakai

I wish both these ideas weren’t just dropped afterwards
The only reason the first was a thing, was because Blue had a weakness in the manga that wasn't present in the anime, in that it rapidly drained ki, especially the more you used it. In the anime TOP, this makes no sense for Goku to do, as it has no real benefit, given that weakness didn't exist in the anime for standard Blue.

I personally hated that 'able to use Hakai' thing. Felt like it cheapened the move, as only Destroyers were shown as capable of it, with their specialized form of divine ki. Anyone above the GODs, like Zeno, had a superior version distinct to them as well. Goku's version also failed to do anything in the manga, as if it'd succeeded, the arc would've been over, and obviously in Toriyama's notes, it must've said "Ends with Zeno nuke" in bold. Hard to justify that when the villain's already erased. Was literally zero point to it, other than just slapping a move on Goku that he'll proceed to never use again. :kobeha

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
journey_across_the_universe___goku_vs_jin_mori_by_kaijuconvoy_dfphmje-pre.jpg

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
The only reason the first was a thing, was because Blue had a weakness in the manga that wasn't present in the anime, in that it rapidly drained ki, especially the more you used it. In the anime TOP, this makes no sense for Goku to do, as it has no real benefit, given that weakness didn't exist in the anime for standard Blue.

I personally hated that 'able to use Hakai' thing. Felt like it cheapened the move, as only Destroyers were shown as capable of it, with their specialized form of divine ki. Anyone above the GODs, like Zeno, had a superior version distinct to them as well. Goku's version also failed to do anything in the manga, as if it'd succeeded, the arc would've been over, and obviously in Toriyama's notes, it must've said "Ends with Zeno nuke" in bold. Hard to justify that when the villain's already erased. Was literally zero point to it, other than just slapping a move on Goku that he'll proceed to never use again. :kobeha
I felt it was handled done here. Since it was MUCH weaker than the version done by a real GoD that just obliterated the target instantly.

It only got cheapened when anyone making a wish to be the strongest in the universe for the Granolah arc had it.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
I felt it was handled done here. Since it was MUCH weaker than the version done by a real GoD that just obliterated the target instantly.

It only got cheapened when anyone making a wish to be the strongest in the universe for the Granolah arc had it.
The fact that he could even do it at all, even if it was a weaker version, I did not like. If he had some GOD training behind him, for whatever reason, I could kinda see it, but not in the way it was done.

Granolah just made something I already didn't like ten-thousand times worse. :mjlol

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
The fact that he could even do it at all, even if it was a weaker version, I did not like. If he had some GOD training behind him, for whatever reason, I could kinda see it, but not in the way it was done.

Granolah just made something I already didn't like ten-thousand times worse. :mjlol
My reason for liking it is that it reminds us of how Super Saiyan God / Blue are using the same God Ki as a GoD, showing Goku and Vegeta are stepping into that realm while not quite there yet.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Also why is bulma not even tracking any of the RR movement she should have enough brain to do that kind of shit.
After the new female buu.
In the movie, they have a barrier over their base that camouflages it and fools any satellite in space from seeing them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back