• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #27: The Show Must go on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
wolfgang_penetrator_by_half_breed2014_dencc22-pre.jpg

Bergamo was pretty cool, shame they put more emphasis on lolRibrianne

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Literally u3 Pepsiman should've gotten more attention than ribrianne

It still baffled on why Toei wasted that much time on her just for her to get tossed out by 18
It’s probably because Toriyama created her, compared to most of the participants that were designed by Toei

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Whoever thought up how the winner in a Yu-Gi-Oh match-up is decided on total life points if the timer is up can go fuck themselves.

“Lost” a match today that stopped me from getting Top 4 in locals. Was winning but used Solemn Judgment that left the loser with just slightly more life points than me.

So they won with a rekt board and nothing in hand I was going to easily sweep through next turn

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Whoever thought up how the winner in a Yu-Gi-Oh match-up is decided on total life points if the timer is up can go fuck themselves.
Why the fuck is there a timer on a match-up, that's some bullshit?

I get there being a time limit on a person making their move but the game should go until it's over. It's not like Yu-Gi-Oh games ever last THAT long outside of specific stall based match-ups.
“Lost” a match today that stopped me from getting Top 4 in locals. Was winning but used Solemn Judgment that left the loser with just slightly more life points than me.

So they won with a rekt board and nothing in hand I was going to easily sweep through next turn
Did the opponent at least acknowledge that you had him beat or did they act like they earned that?
I certainly wouldn't want to win that way.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Why the fuck is there a timer on a match-up, that's some bullshit?

I get there being a time limit on a person making their move but the game should go until it's over. It's not like Yu-Gi-Oh games ever last THAT long outside of specific stall based match-ups.

Did the opponent at least acknowledge that you had him beat or did they act like they earned that?
I certainly wouldn't want to win that way.
Yup, he admitted that game was mine. His next card he drew was Nadir Servant I had Ash or Altergeist Hexstia to negate.

His remaining 2 cards were Dogmatika Ecclesia and a useless Maximus since both our Extra Decks were empty

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
That’s the only match I lost too.

2-0’d Branded Despia and 2-1’d Tearalaments Ishizu. Tied with a Labrynth player. Than “lost” that one and got 5th place because of it

The fact that I didn’t get Top 4 over that is why I’m salty AF. Wasn’t a real loss

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Yup, he admitted that game was mine.
Well at least he was humble about it.
His next card he drew was Nadir Servant I had Ash or Altergeist Hexstia to negate.
Oh I was playing Master Duel earlier and ran into someone using Altergeists, that shit was trolling me hard.

Although I was using the Blue Eyes Loaner Deck for the Legendary event (trying to get some easy gems from it 'cause I'd blown mine and wanted to try and make something half decent/actually get into the game a bit) so I didn't stand much of a chance.

Though I did get him down to 800lp before he beat me so at least I wasn't totally stomped.
His remaining 2 cards were Dogmatika Ecclesia and a useless Maximus since both our Extra Decks were empty
Empty Extra Decks, damn did the game really go on that long?

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Well at least he was humble about it.

Oh I was playing Master Duel earlier and ran into someone using Altergeists, that shit was trolling me hard.

Although I was using the Blue Eyes Loaner Deck for the Legendary event (trying to get some easy gems from it 'cause I'd blown mine and wanted to try and make something half decent/actually get into the game a bit) so I didn't stand much of a chance.

Though I did get him down to 800lp before he beat me so at least I wasn't totally stomped.

Empty Extra Decks, damn did the game really go on that long?
No, Dogmatika’s whole thing is destroying the Extra Deck. Their new 4000 ATK Ritual alone makes you mill as much as 7 all by itself.

Dude managed to make me lose 14 of my 15 card Extra but than I turned things around when I got my 1 remaining Hexstia on board

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Life points should only be a thing if the timers up and no definite call can be made on the current game state of whose winning

Didn’t take a rocket scientist to see that higher life points or not, dude was finished next turn and was not going to make a comeback

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
No, Dogmatika’s whole thing is destroying the Extra Deck. Their new 4000 ATK Ritual alone makes you mill as much as 7 all by itself.
I see, sounds cheap
Dude managed to make me lose 14 of my 15 card Extra but than I turned things around when I got my 1 remaining Hexstia on board
Nice turn around.

I think the guy I was playing used Hextia on me as well...then he finished me off with Code-talkers out of nowhere. :maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back