• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #27: The Show Must go on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
@Masterblack06 @Adamant soul

Just so you all have an idea on how hard the rules are for this event.

A once staple like Pot of Duality that almost no one uses anymore besides Floowandereeze and True Draco is considered too good to use. And you can forget about Pot of Prosperity, Extravagance, or Desires

:hestonpls

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Imagine if someone brought the OG Pot of Greed. :mjlol
We got two kinds of Pot of Greeds both at 3

215460.jpg

215458.jpg

And there’s tons of more archetype centered cards that let you draw 2 or more. The only reason Pot of Greed can’t come back is because of how it has no drawbacks or restrictions whatsoever and not being once per turn and it invalidates all the above clones.

EDIT: Desires is actually at 2.

Last edited:

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
We got two kinds of Pot of Greeds both at 3

215460.jpg

215458.jpg

And there’s tons of more archetype centered cards that let you draw 2 or more. The only reason Pot of Greed can’t come back is because of how it has no drawbacks or restrictions whatsoever and not being once per turn and it invalidates all the above clones.

EDIT: Desires is actually at 2.
Oh, I'm aware, that's why I asked you to imagine if someone brought that card to the tournament, if they're getting this anal about its lesser clones. :hestonpls

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Oh, I'm aware, that's why I asked you to imagine if someone brought that card to the tournament, if they're getting this anal about its lesser clones. :hestonpls
Desires needs to go back to 3 before they even consider bringing back 1 copy of Greed.

Im actually curious if the TCG at least can afford to bring it back to 1. Especially with no Maxx C still.

Raigeki was finally brought back to 3 no less after years of so many lesser or more restrictive clones of it were printed, from terrible like Lightning Vortex to actually good on their own like Lightning Storm.

And Raigeki is considered a staple in todays meta game because Mass Board destruction is super viable against the current top decks.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
@Masterblack06 @DestinyDestroyer Imagine that +2K deck today full of everything possible that loves to go to grave (Tearlaments, Ishizu, Dragon Rulers, Shaddolls, Burning Abyss, Phantom Knights, Zombies, Skull Servant, Infernoids, anything that easily summons itself from grave etc.)

And they open with Grass is Greener against a 40 card deck.

:hestonpls

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
So this is what I think the WrestleMania card will look like so far:

1. WWE/Universal Championship: Roman Reigns (c) vs. Cody Rhodes

2. SmackDown Women's Championship: Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Rhea Ripley

3. Raw Women's Championship: Bianca Belair (c) vs. Asuka

Those are the confirmed matches. These matches are more or less locks:

4. United States Championship: Austin Theory (c) vs. John Cena

5. Raw/SmackDown Tag Team Championship: The Usos (c) vs. Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn

6. Women's Tag Team Championship: Lita and Becky Lynch (c) vs. Ronda Rousey and Shayna Baszler vs. Damage CTRL

7. Seth Rollins vs. Logan Paul

8. Brock Lesnar vs. Bobby Lashley - last man standing match

Still up in the air, but good possibility:

9. Intercontinental Championship: Gunther (c) vs. Drew McIntyre OR Sheamus OR both

10. Edge vs. Finn Balor

11. Rey vs. Dominik Mysterio

And there's gonna be four or five more that we can't tell yet.

Really, really good card. Possibly the best top to bottom in decades. Meanwhile, I can't even tell what the hell the Revolution card is gonna be.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
By the way, you want easy gems, play this current Anniversary event. Every modern staple banned and basically every meta nerfed or non-existent to the point where after 15 games, Symphonic Warriors was the hardest game I dealt with.

@Adamant soul Blue-Eyes is great for this event too.
Yeah doing that at the minute, tried all three of the loaner decks but decided to stick with Blue Eyes because I had experience using it.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Yeah doing that at the minute, tried all three of the loaner decks but decided to stick with Blue Eyes because I had experience using it.
It’s the best deck of those 3 if you ask me. Blue-Eyes Jet Dragon is crazy good and wins games all by itself

Ran straight into a Mirror Force, it protected all my other monsters and since any card being destroyed including itself counts, it’s graveyard effect than triggered to bring itself right back to field so it’s like Mirror Force never even happened.

It’s what I messed around with initially until I was able to put together a custom Altergeist build which I’m using for the rest of the event.

Already at 7500 medals

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Altergeist Multifaker and Hexstia at 1, Meluseek to 2, and they even slapped Altergeist Protocol to 1 for the event.

But Konami didnt hit Personal Spoofing which I find odd. Guess they figured since it wasn’t searchable by any Altergeist cards that was enough to allow 3 copies.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Since Ash Blossom is banned for this event, I can more safely run Sangan linking into Clara and Rushka for more ways to search Multifaker or even grab Veilers

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
It’s the best deck of those 3 if you ask me. Blue-Eyes Jet Dragon is crazy good and wins games all by itself

Ran straight into a Mirror Force, it protected all my other monsters and since any card being destroyed including itself counts, it’s graveyard effect than triggered to bring itself right back to field so it’s like Mirror Force never even happened.

It’s what I messed around with initially until I was able to put together a custom Altergeist build which I’m using for the rest of the event.

Already at 7500 medals
Had a similar moment happen where the guy was playing the Red Eyes deck and he summoned Time Wizard.

There I was with a full field and actually almost hoping he got Time Wizard's effect just for the nostalgia factor...only for nothing to happen because one of my monsters was Jet Dragon (the others were Dictator, Regular Blue Eyes and Alternative).

Even I was confused for a second there. :kobeha

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back