• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #29: outskirts nakama dome - no snatching edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
People complaining about Jin doing flips and shit in Tekken 8 because "too edgy/too anime".
But apparently they are A-ok with him spawning a devil wing and doing Devil Jin shit. :mjpls

And yes, I understand their actual point, which is that Jin was the "straight laced Karate guy". The problem is that he was only ever that in Tekken 4 when he refused to do Mishima shit as a point of principal. Whereas now he's not only since incorporated his Mishima and Karate styles together but he's also seemingly mastered his Devil Gene, shit's going to change guys.

And needless to say, bitching about Tekken of all games being "too anime" is and always has been really fucking silly.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
People complaining about Jin doing flips and shit in Tekken 8 because "too edgy/too anime".
But apparently they are A-ok with him spawning a devil wing and doing Devil Jin shit. :mjpls

And yes, I understand their actual point, which is that Jin was the "straight laced Karate guy". The problem is that he was only ever that in Tekken 4 when he refused to do Mishima shit as a point of principal. Whereas now he's not only since incorporated his Mishima and Karate styles together but he's also seemingly mastered his Devil Gene, shit's going to change guys.

And needless to say, bitching about Tekken of all games being "too anime" is and always has been really fucking silly.
Dude Panda and Gon should just shut this dude up.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Dude Panda and Gon should just shut this dude up.
Exactly! I mean people point at Tekken 6 as if Alisa and/or Lars crossed some imaginary line into "too anime".

But this was already a series that had skeleton swordsman, woodmen who copy other people's fighting styles, people who turn into Devils and fire lasers out of their heads and a "God of fighting" who hunted strong fighters. Not to mention the martial arts bears, kangaroos and dinosaurs all over the place.

But nah, ALISA and Jin doing flips was where it crosses a line. :kobeha

It's also then ironic that they bitch about Jin's rage art being too "Basic". :breh

It's literally the textbook Karate punch (harkoning back to his Tekken 4 style), but with all his Devil power put into it, what more do they want? They are complaining that he is too flashy in some areas and yet not flashy enough in others, you can't have it both ways here.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

jabtgMV.jpg

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
@Masterblack06

I love when the last card they reveal for an archetype is saving the best for last

Reveal Panthera in hand to Special Kaiser Varius or Vice-versa

Dr. Madlove (who can search this spell BTW) into Heavy Borger

etc. Insanely good consistency boost for the deck like any Spell card that lets you straight up special a monster from deck with ease.

EDIT; Wait, doesn’t have Vanquish Soul in the name, so cross out Madlove being able to search it. Still an amazing instant 3 of.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back