OBD Convo #29: outskirts nakama dome - no snatching edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
4chan is saying he got lobotomized by them :blobfacade

His doctor did threaten to medicate him beyond belief back to “zombie mode” 😳
Never talk bad about your masters. That was another one they were saying.

His doctor didn't help. Nor did certain rich niggas, who were jewish, going full nazi with how they reacted. They legit managed to get the white nationalists to like Kanye for a hot minute, which is quite the feat. :kobeha

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
GRHMikiIrjn_uwZxhQViuNWxRwisrTAjRQZQ8tMDQp2gfuWLsN-kS1yj39wG4CeJeoNgiyhUOhI-Vg%3Ds640-nd-v1

>its called world war hulk because they are just gonna make it be about a bunch of hulks fighting

Fuck off man

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
And I dont care how well the movie does or if its a good movie or not. I wanted to see an adaptation of one of my favorite comics but niggas cant get shit out here

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
GRHMikiIrjn_uwZxhQViuNWxRwisrTAjRQZQ8tMDQp2gfuWLsN-kS1yj39wG4CeJeoNgiyhUOhI-Vg%3Ds640-nd-v1

>its called world war hulk because they are just gonna make it be about a bunch of hulks fighting

Fuck off man
It's KIND of neat that all three of the recent Live Action Bruce Banner's are in the movie, although one of them isn't even playing a Hulk but still.

Of course fanservice like that is exactly what they're banking on...while simultaneously shitting on the comic story by only using its name and nothing else. :smh

Hulk's been too much of a joke in the MCU for too long for that story to even work at this point anyway.

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
It's really sad to me, as a fan of superhero stories, that I've gotten to the point where I just don't care about either the MCU or the DCU at this point. They're either too busy making fun of the genre they're in and not taking the material seriously, or they're too focused on being more realistic and edgy because otherwise "superheroes are too childish" and you can't take them seriously.

It's even worse when you look at how good Spider-Man PS4 was. Like that game goes to show that the problem is not with superheroes or superhero stories in general. They obviously still work really well when they're done right, it's just the people making the movies clearly don't respect the source material at all.

As it stands movie wise, I'm unironically more interested in seeing a move about an animated teenage kraken having a Kaiju battle with an evil parody version of Ariel. Just because (at least from the trailer) it looks like they're just doing the standard heroes' journey and embracing it. They're not making fun of it, they're not over-complicating it. Good girl is good, bad girl is bad, have at it girls. Couple that with some good animation and I'm all for it.

Why is that so hard to do for superhero movies?

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Eh the Mary Jane and Miles Morales (with no powers at the time) segments of that game killed it for me. Not everything needed to be interactive, Insomniac.

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Eh the Mary Jane and Miles Morales (with no powers at the time) segments of that game killed it for me. Not everything needed to be interactive, Insomniac.
Yeah but that's more about the gameplay than the story, which is what I was referring to. My point was how well it worked as a super hero STORY, compared to the current flock of movies.

Although I don't personally believe those segments "killed the game" although I would rather they not have been there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back