• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #29: outskirts nakama dome - no snatching edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Never got into Genshin. It’s mandatory online multiplayer which I hate by default since I rarely mess with multiplayer stuff at all. And just looks like a Breath of the Wild knock-off that just makes me want to play that instead

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
To this day, Master Duel and CTR are the only online stuff I play on my PS5. I’d include Uncharted 4 but Naughty Dog are lazy pricks these days that can’t seem to include the multiplayer in their re-releases.

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Never got into Genshin. It’s mandatory online multiplayer which I hate by default since I rarely mess with multiplayer stuff at all. And just looks like a Breath of the Wild knock-off that just makes me want to play that instead
I don't either. But my sis does as well as her friends, most of which also play strive which is why his comment about it being a short burst in popularity makes no sense. Sure the games ass now but there's more people playing now than ever.

Its just shit the only relevant discourse to the game that shows up IS about one of the most irrelevant characters because people want to take about their gender or post cringe in an effort to make people mad. But we have the mute button. I havent had to see or heard shit about Bridget since his release.

Now the only strive discussions that pop up are "when are they nerfing happy chaos?"

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
I don't either. But my sis does as well as her friends, most of which also play strive which is why his comment about it being a short burst in popularity makes no sense. Sure the games ass now but there's more people playing now than ever.

Its just shit the only relevant discourse to the game that shows up IS about one of the most irrelevant characters because people want to take about their gender or post cringe in an effort to make people mad. But we have the mute button. I havent had to see or heard shit about Bridget since his release.

Now the only strive discussions that pop up are "when are they nerfing happy chaos?"
Don’t worry I’m sure bedman hold the man will save the game

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I played Genshin for a while, but it replicates the slower (relatively) combat of BotW without the ability to set up Saw-esque death traps in the environment. I tried building teams and such to make things more interesting but that just dragged me into the gear grind and Genshins combat isn't fun enough for it to be worth it.

The fact that the background lore was way better than anything in the main story was also a problem. Like there is a giant forest of stone pillars whose canonical explanation is that they're spears the rock god (who was also a dragon) used to impale knockoff cthullu. When the game let's you "fight" knockoff cthullu yourself you just protect a bunch of guns other people shoot at him while fighting waves of normal enemies.

I might try it again in a couple of years when there's so much content it can pass as a full game without me needing to do any of the daily grinding.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Also (leaving aside the genuinely creepy ones which do unironically exist) the annoying part of the fanbase is less the two thirds that are perpetually thirsty for [insert character here] but the other third who are the obsessive shippers who go on fifty page rants why drawing one of the characters with the MC is destructive and disrespectful to the lore and characters. Mostly because they talk more.

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I might try it again in a couple of years when there's so much content it can pass as a full game without me needing to do any of the daily grinding.
Thats never then because that's not how gacha games work. Especially Mihoyo. When you take breaks or leave the games for a while and comeback they give you incentives and other things to try and help you catch up but a lot of those rewards are gated behind actually doing the content. That's the way it works in Honkai at least. Ive played Genshin for a grand total of 3 hrs and never touched it again

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Thats never then because that's not how gacha games work. Especially Mihoyo. When you take breaks or leave the games for a while and comeback they give you incentives and other things to try and help you catch up but a lot of those rewards are gated behind actually doing the content. That's the way it works in Honkai at least. Ive played Genshin for a grand total of 3 hrs and never touched it again

I got up to Inazuma and nothing besides the fight with Raiden you're forced to lose anyway actually forced me to engage beyond dodging and smacking the target with a claymore.

Though certain story quests might be locked behind the......adventure rank? Whatever the player level was called. And that would require some degree of grinding to increase I guess

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I just don’t like multiplayer because I’m antisocial as hell when it comes to video games

PS4 and 5 has all these apps and features to talk with people or share stuff online and I don’t bother with any of them. I use them like I used my PS1

:hestonpls

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
FRQAhiTaUAEBFFt

TrueG 37

Acclaimed

Bridget being this hit piece when the nigga has had about as much presence as Dan Hibiki is honestly the most baffling shit to me :mjlol . I can't even fathom relating to the issues of a fictional character that irrelevant :hestonpls.

The Genshin fan shitalking was weird too.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Latest BC chapter was wow.

Lucius be going through Clover Kingdom graveyards it seems

9.jpeg

10.jpeg

14.jpeg

Just glad it’s Noelle’s mom and Nacht’s brother. Would have hated to see either of them made into brainwashed Paladins like I initially thought with the untranslated spoilers.

TrueG 37

Acclaimed

9.jpeg

10.jpeg

14.jpeg

Just glad it’s Noelle’s mom and Nacht’s brother. Would have hated to see either of them made into brainwashed Paladins
Huh I honestly wasn't expecting that to happen.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Huh I honestly wasn't expecting that to happen.
I was so pissed of at first since I thought Noelle and Nacht were the ones that got turned into Paladins. This is much better. Nice chance for best girl to finally see how she stacks up against her mother.

Nacht confronting his dead brother is going to be… harsh to put it lightly.

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
>Reddit Post

"What's Afo's ideology "

That's simple, read Mha Vigilantes. Not even joking that's where it is :hestonpls . You get a much better sense of how he does things and how he sees the world there than you'll ever get in the main series and was actually written well too :mjlol.

I was so pissed of at first since I thought Noelle and Nacht were the ones that got turned into Paladins. This is much better. Nice chance for best girl to finally see how she stacks up against her mother.

Nacht confronting his dead brother is going to be… harsh to put it lightly.
Its better to be decently surprised than be consistently disappointed like I am with Mha:mjlol. Hopefully Tabata doesn't rush that conflict too much.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
INB4 Naruto fanbase starts accusing Tabata of ripping off the Shinobi War arc next with this chapter

:russ

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him

9.jpeg

10.jpeg

14.jpeg

Just glad it’s Noelle’s mom and Nacht’s brother. Would have hated to see either of them made into brainwashed Paladins like I initially thought with the untranslated spoilers.
That Grimmjow stomach hole :dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back