• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #29: outskirts nakama dome - no snatching edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
who wants to Rip off Mid
Yes Black Clover is derivative. Tabata doesn’t even hide the fact that he’s a huge fan of manga like Bleach and Berserk and takes cues from them.

But it’s hilarious seeing Naruto fans of all people accusing Black Clover of copying other works.

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
Yes Black Clover is derivative. Tabata doesn’t even hide the fact that he’s a huge fan of manga like Bleach and Berserk and takes cues from them.

But it’s hilarious seeing Naruto fans of all people accusing Black Clover of copying other works.
I mean, Naruto pulled Influences from various Genres of Manga instead of only Battle Shounen like BC

Thats never then because that's not how gacha games work. Especially Mihoyo. When you take breaks or leave the games for a while and comeback they give you incentives and other things to try and help you catch up but a lot of those rewards are gated behind actually doing the content. That's the way it works in Honkai at least. Ive played Genshin for a grand total of 3 hrs and never touched it again

I legit cannot understand the Genshin hype as just like you, I dropped it like 3 hours in.
Like you can say "It's not for me" but holy shit does it feel... wrong in the sense that Genshin feels like it wants to be this expansive MMO-Gacha game but goddamn do the Chinese suck for aesthetic.
You get either pretty boys, lolis or barely okay looking women and I hear excuses for it but it comes off so fucking lazy to not make a buff dude, buff ladies, women with actual asses, different types of weaponry and actual difficult modes.

Genshin reminds me of what FFXIV... except it tries to do what it does miserably.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
maxresdefault.jpg

back when jjk anime was aired, jjk zoomers were saying sukuna is the og, then after finding out that grimmjow was made in 06, and saw the later clips with the ichigo fights, they say now, sukuna is one of the best grimmjow clones, they got it fast, at least :hestonpls

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Crazy how many people are just now learning about Bleach only with the new anime.

Shit really was in a drought in the time between the anime ending with Fullbringer and now.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
even on youtube, people started watching bleach, cuz of the new anime, lmao

thats how kubo's tricks are successful, he brings a new sequel, with kino quality and ost, then the noobs who haven't watched it, they watch the og series, and they increase the sales of the series more

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Fucking hell I never understood the hype for genshin outside Raiden chick and shit and how the hell it won game of the year
Crazy how many people are just now learning about Bleach only with the new anime.

Shit really was in a drought in the time between the anime ending with Fullbringer and now.
Fucking really?

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Fucking hell I never understood the hype for genshin outside Raiden chick and shit and how the hell it won game of the year

Fucking really?
Like you wouldn’t believe. People watching it that don’t even know what the Espada or Aizen are. That’s how new they are to the series.

Also ngl, I do like that pink haired fox girl as far as Genshin designs go

Fucking really?

Nah, Astaro is telling the truth. Outside of the Gacha game, Bleach was fucking DEAD after the Anime ended even with the Manga ongoing till now.
So it speaks volumes how much attention it has gotten for a single cour to basically not only revitalize the original base, but get a whole fuckton of new blood into it.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
and one more thing gonna give them props is

they made the recent blu ray versions of the og series, really good, really sharp with better textures and colors, they really aint that dif from a bd jjk episode, for example

and

its an anime series, aired on 04-05, lmao

when they want, devs can make really blu ray remasters

even from the 90s, with yyh, which still remains one of the best remasters out there

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Legit how
Shit wasn't some ancient ass anime it smile the text book main stream anime
10 years (2012 is when the first series ended) is plenty of time for new people to get into anime that didn’t before. Especially with how much the demographic has changed and how anime/manga has become popular now for back than

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
And Naruto is still just a by the numbers Battle Shounen in the end. Also Berserk is Seinen
Aesthetics wise, which other Battle Manga at the time combined the Realism of Katsuhiro Otomo and the Zany stylisation of DBZ as well as Naruto did?

Kishi sucks at writing and his Less Famous Manga that didn't have Editor control confirms it. But Manga is a Visual Medium after all

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Aesthetics wise, which other Battle Manga at the time combined the Realism of Katsuhiro Otomo and the Zany stylisation of DBZ as well as Naruto did?

Kishi sucks at writing and his Less Famous Manga that didn't have Editor control confirms it. But Manga is a Visual Medium after all
I wasn’t talking about art. And even than, Naruto’s art was good but nothing that wow’d me. I even prefer Tabata’s style really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back