• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #29: outskirts nakama dome - no snatching edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
7a89b440164944828611b643ef22aab6YMyZr.jpg

and once again, congrats for base gohan to fight against ssj1 broly, like a champ (risky move tbh, but gohan had to test it, he knew, he couldnt fully defeat him, but he was scanning the limits, of his base state)
I do agree that Gohan gave a much better fight in the 2nd Broly movie than anyone did in the first, Goku included. Where he had to strike at a weak spot like where Broly got stabbed as a baby to harm him Gohan in SS2 could actually trade some blows against LSS Broly to the point he was actually feeling them instead of just tanking them like normal.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
BossyPoisedBear-size_restricted.gif
tumblr_onfuudRpVU1rc40z5o2_500.gif

this gohan, got one shotted, nah? i am speaking about this gohan

we mixed the movies, u prob speak about the first broly movie, lmao
Yeah I was and like I said, Adult Gohan gave a better fight against Broly than anyone else in the first, especially when you take into account that unlike Goku who could do nothing but be Broly's punching bag until everyone including Vegeta gave their Power, Gohan in SS2 was able to actually over power and force his way out of Broly's grip and break free.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Man I see you guys talking about old DBZ movies and you're all sleeping on Lord Slug smh

When Goku transforms into the (technically) first appearance of Super Saiyan, set to Disturbed? That's peak DBZ right there and you know it :watchit

I didn't even know this film would have a "Super Saiyan" appearance back when I rented this movie from the library as a kid and it was hype as fuck when I watched it :banderas
I can't believe a cringe vtuber game unironically looks better than the latest Guilty Gear :wow
But can it surpass the glory of HoloFighters Z?:tupac
maxresdefault.jpg

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I think the biggest offense in these movies for me was Movie 13 where SS3 Goku can easily stop attacks from Hirudegarn and destroy him all on his own while Ultimate Gohan was getting wrecked by its weaker form.

Even though Ultimate Gohan was the strongest Non-Fused character by the end of DBZ until Battle of the Gods became a thing

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I think the biggest offense in these movies for me was Movie 13 where SS3 Goku can easily stop attacks from Hirudegarn and destroy him all on his own while Ultimate Gohan was getting wrecked by its weaker form.

Even though Ultimate Gohan was the strongest Non-Fused character by the end of DBZ until Battle of the Gods became a thing
I mean the dub TRIED to cover this with the whole "emotions make Hirudegarn weaker" thing they came up with, but it was still pretty shit that Goku had somehow surpassed both SSJ3 Gotenks and Ultimate Gohan, in a pretty short amount of time between the Buu fights and Hirudegarn.

Of course the biggest offense in terms of the movies is Bio-Broly, full stop. That movie as a whole was a mistake.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I mean the dub TRIED to cover this with the whole "emotions make Hirudegarn weaker" thing they came up with, but it was still pretty shit that Goku had somehow surpassed both SSJ3 Gotenks and Ultimate Gohan, in a pretty short amount of time between the Buu fights and Hirudegarn.

Of course the biggest offense in terms of the movies is Bio-Broly, full stop. That movie as a whole was a mistake.
Oh no, I was talking power levels mainly when I wrote that. Movie 13 was pretty good.

Bio Broly is the absolute worst movie of the bunch. And Second Coming not too far behind. Goten and Kid Trunks just don’t make for good protagonists next to Goku, Gohan, Vegeta, Piccolo, or Future Trunks

Will admit I did like Kid Trunks bonding with Tapion in 13 but that’s about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back