• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #29: outskirts nakama dome - no snatching edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Hirdegarn one-shotted both Ultimate Gohan and SSJ3 Gotenks. A single hit slapped Gotenks out of his fusion

Goku wasn’t KO’d instantly fighting him like they were, Toei clearly views him as the strongest :)

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
At least Movie 13 gave us Tapion :kermit
And thus the endless question of how Future Trunks got his sword without having to defeat Hirudegarn? :maybe

Seriously though, Tapion is legit and he needs to show up again at some point.
Oh no, I was talking power levels mainly when I wrote that. Movie 13 was pretty good.
I figured as much, putting power level related gripes aside, it's a pretty good movie.
Bio Broly is the absolute worst movie of the bunch. And Second Coming not too far behind. Goten and Kid Trunks just don’t make for good protagonists next to Goku, Gohan, Vegeta, Piccolo, or Future Trunks
Second Coming is also the film that perpetrates the sin of reducing Broly to "KAKAROTTO!"

Broly vs Gohan saves the film from being bad, putting it over Resurrection of F which is the true 2nd worst movie behind Bio Broly.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Like how even Gotenks was portrayed stronger than Ultimate Gohan too. Gohan never got to land a hit while Gotenks was the one that forced Hirudegarn to transform.

Did my boy dirty in that movie.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Based on their feats

Hirudegarn > Buutenks > Super Buu

He may or may not be stronger than Buuhan too, it’s up for debate

Also, M10 Broly > Super Perfect Cell > M8 Broly > Perfect Cell

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
It’s why I love Bojack Unbound. One of the few movies not to wank Goku Time (minus him breaking logic itself to punch out Bojack as a ghost) and accurately portrays Gohan for the beast he is

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
main-qimg-57d5f660950fcc312878eeaab7f8d78f-lq

Facts. Instead of Bio-Broly, wished for the next Broly movie that Broly achieved the Super Saiyan 3 form we’d get years later in Raging Blast and throw down with End of Buu Saga tier characters.

Raging Blast even treated SS3 Broly as a sequel to Second Coming, his backstory being he somehow survived getting blasted into the Sun at the end of the movie and got a massive enough Zenkai from it to attain a SS3 version of Legenday Super Saiyan.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Technically none of them died from the Sun

Broly was killed by the Kamehameha, Cooler survived and the Sun’s harsh environment is keeping Baby there from regenerating
pretty sure Goku killed Baby in Gt with the kamehameha
but bout right with the other two

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
I think the biggest offense in these movies for me was Movie 13 where SS3 Goku can easily stop attacks from Hirudegarn and destroy him all on his own while Ultimate Gohan was getting wrecked by its weaker form.

Even though Ultimate Gohan was the strongest Non-Fused character by the end of DBZ until Battle of the Gods became a thing

I mean the dub TRIED to cover this with the whole "emotions make Hirudegarn weaker" thing they came up with, but it was still pretty shit that Goku had somehow surpassed both SSJ3 Gotenks and Ultimate Gohan, in a pretty short amount of time between the Buu fights and Hirudegarn.

Of course the biggest offense in terms of the movies is Bio-Broly, full stop. That movie as a whole was a mistake.
the movies were GOKU TIME
if ur not goku don't expect to do shit lol

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
>Watchmojo does top 10 power ranger theme songs
10. Ninja Storm
9. Ninja Steel
8. SPD
7. Zeo
6. Lightspeed Rescue
5. Dino Thunder
4. Time Force
3. Lost Galaxy
2. PR in Space
1. OG
Honorable Mentions: Dino Charge/Dino Super Charge, Jungle Fury

WatchMojo yall are on some absolute fucking shit. Where the absolute fuck is Turbo or Mystic Force. What the fuck kinda list is this. Why in the god damn are SPD and Ninja Storm so fucking low.

Im beyond upset right now.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
WatchMojo yall are on some absolute fucking shit.
I mean it's watchmojo so what do you expect?
Where the absolute fuck is Turbo or Mystic Force. What the fuck kinda list is this.
Mystic Force and Operation Overdrive are strange ducks for me, in that I don't really like the style of music they're going for, but the lyrics get stuck in my head a lot.
Why in the god damn are SPD and Ninja Storm so fucking low.
Definitely agreed on SPD, that theme's top 5 EASILY.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
I mean it's watchmojo so what do you expect?
Some kind of taste of any kind. like god damn son
Mystic Force and Operation Overdrive are strange ducks for me, in that I don't really like the style of music they're going for, but the lyrics get stuck in my head a lot.
Its cause mystic force is just a banger

Definitely agreed on SPD, that theme's top 5 EASILY.
Exactly.
my top 5 would probably be, in no particular order,
OG, Turbo, Mystic Force, Dino Thunder, SPD

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Some kind of taste of any kind. like god damn son
Well when their lists are based on popularity polls, you're not likely to end up with a surpluss of taste. :maybe
Its cause mystic force is just a banger

"We call forth the magic, together as one, united for all time, POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE!"

Super underrated season IMO. :awesome
Exactly.
my top 5 would probably be, in no particular order,
OG, Turbo, Mystic Force, Dino Thunder, SPD
Mine, also in no particular order, would be:
Time Force, Mighty Morphin, SPD, Dino Thunder and Zeo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back