• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #30: SHARK SUPREMACY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
which shows how worthless it really is
an interesting concept but the retards at the helm couldn't think of something good with it
Well it was this or keep everyone not named Goku and Vegeta useless like with Resurection of F and Limit the number of potential threats for Goku and Vegeta to just those who also possess God Ki

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
MNZiYEk.png

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Well it was this or keep everyone not named Goku and Vegeta useless like with Resurection of F and Limit the number of potential threats for Goku and Vegeta to just those who also possess God Ki
Or they could've found ways to keep the cast relevant without devaluing the concept

Its why shit like Frieza,17 and even Gohan etc makes it look stupid when those guys can just do some push ups and boom there in that tier

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Or they could've found ways to keep the cast relevant without devaluing the concept

Its why shit like Frieza,17 and even Gohan etc makes it look stupid when those guys can just do some push ups and boom there in that tier
That’s the one thing I’ll agree with. Characters get strong too easily because Toriyama decides guys like Frieza had the potential to begin with.

But again, not much else that can be done and I’d rather this over more Goku Time 24/7

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member

Best duel of the DM series IMO, just two complete chads boxing the shit out of each other with an awesome card type idea.
Can't even fault them for doing it over a woman because Mai is hot, even if she's a cheap shotting bitch with no gratitude. :maybe

As for Valon not nuking Jinzo earlier. My best explanation for it, is that because his philosophy is "all attack" he didn't want to effectively win due to a defensive play. Also he's trying to determine what Mai sees in Jonouchi so he's dragging it out.

Too bad Mai decides to be a coward and challenge Jonouchi IMMEDIATELY after this, when the guy can barely stand upright, much less duel. How the hell do you "prove you're better" when you only won because your opponent was battered and exhausted?

Lets be real, the writers were never kind to Mai. Writing this bad for a female character wouldn't be surpassed in the YuGiOh series, until VRAINS came about and Blue Angel was given a vicious burial for no discernable reason. :kobeha

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Lets be real, the writers were never kind to Mai.
This is true.

They didn't even have the decency to have her subsequent loss to Rafael be on-screen, when she finally realized how much of a shit bag she was being.

Even Anzu and Shizuka got treated better (both being women who dueled and never actually took an L) and they were just cheerleaders most of the time.

I don't know what the fuck Mai did to deserve her exceptionally poor treatment but shit really was ridiculous.
Writing this bad for a female character wouldn't be surpassed in the YuGiOh series, until VRAINS came about and Blue Angel was given a vicious burial for no discernable reason. :kobeha
There are male led battle shounens that treat their female cast with more respect than Yugioh does and that's really saying something. :mjpls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back