• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #30: SHARK SUPREMACY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
As far as I'm aware not a single nigga comes back from the dead. There aint no fucking undead in it. Hell RE4 shouldnt be on the list either since they arent zombies but parasites.
In fairness being UNDEAD does not specifically refer to zombies. Vampires are also considered undead in most settings.

The distinction for zombies is that they are mindless/have no will of their own and shamble about, killing and/or eating anything that crosses their path. They don't HAVE to be dead to be zombies.
Im not splitting hairs im calling it what it is. These shits shouldnt be on a list about zombies
Nah man, you're definitely splitting hairs here.

Getting pedantic over the exact mechanics of why they're zombies, doesn't change the fact TLoU infected definitely fit the bill for being Zombies in every other way.

RE4/5 are more valid to criticize their inclusion because the Ganado/Majini still have intelligence, not because it's a parasite or because they aren't dead.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
They didnt rise from the dead for 1

:maybe
Has nothing to do with how the fungus zombies act which I asked.

And man. Your singling out basically every hard sci-fi zombie example in fiction if you need them magically rising from the dead rather than a virus or parasitic infection

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Then the zombies from RE1 through 3 absolutely count, because the people die and then come back to life as reanimated corpses looking to feast on flesh. :mjlol
Yeah of course. RE 4 and 5 arent zombies because lmao parasites and then 7 was fucking MOLD.

In fairness being UNDEAD does not specifically refer to zombies. Vampires are also considered undead in most settings.

The distinction for zombies is that they are mindless/have no will of their own and shamble about, killing and/or eating anything that crosses their path. They don't HAVE to be dead to be zombies.

Nah man, you're definitely splitting hairs here.

Getting pedantic over the exact mechanics of why they're zombies, doesn't change the fact TLoU infected definitely fit the bill for being Zombies in every other way.

RE4/5 are more valid to criticize their inclusion because the Ganado/Majini still have intelligence, not because it's a parasite or because they aren't dead.

Has nothing to do with how the fungus zombies act which I asked.

And man. Your singling out basically every hard sci-fi zombie example in fiction if you need them magically rising from the dead

We will agree to disagree on this since I dont wanna shit up the thread with Zombie talk, but I will die on this hill

and return as a zombie

Screenshot_8.png

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
As far as I'm aware not a single nigga comes back from the dead. There aint no fucking undead in it. Hell RE4 shouldnt be on the list either since they arent zombies but parasites.

Im not splitting hairs im calling it what it is. These shits shouldnt be on a list about zombies
Again, you're nitpicking bro.
Yeah of course. RE 4 and 5 arent zombies because lmao parasites and then 7 was fucking MOLD.

We will agree to disagree on this since I dont wanna shit up the thread with Zombie talk, but I will die on this hill

and return as a zombie

Screenshot_8.png
Everything that's been said has already been said, but bro, it's a convo thread if you can't just talk about random shit like zombies without it "shitting up" the thread whats the point of a convo :mjlol

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Again, you're nitpicking bro.
Your damn skippy im nitpicking. Im tired of everything being called zombies. Fungal infection? Zombie. Mutation? Zombie. Parasite? Zombie. Why is everything a fucking zombie.
Everything that's been said has already been said, but bro, it's a convo thread if you can't just talk about random shit like zombies without it "shitting up" the thread whats the point of a convo :mjlol
I just tend not to want to harp on about stuff for too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back