• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #30: SHARK SUPREMACY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
1582066757545.jpg

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
@OtherGalaxy

one of my better threads

tf threads are always great because there’s always some weird bullshit going on whether they win or lose

like sideways may not be able to beat uhhhh Perfectio or some shit but you can bring up that his entire existence is because a crazy fan lied 20 years ago and writers and the entire fandom
believed it, and wrote him to be more confusing as a result

Crimson Dragoon

Exceptional
tf threads are always great because there’s always some weird bullshit going on whether they win or lose

like sideways may not be able to beat uhhhh Perfectio or some shit but you can bring up that his entire existence is because a crazy fan lied 20 years ago and writers and the entire fandom
believed it, and wrote him to be more confusing as a result
it's such a ridiculous franchise

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

Calling the Chad Dr West "not Aizen" or "Fake Aizen"! :scust

Also being an uncultured pleb who clearly didn't know what West's entire character is a VERY OBVIOUS homage to. Right down to his code-name being the name of the movie and him being blatantly designed to look like the lead actor from it. :tripscust

I hadn't even seen the movie and I still understood what he was a reference to.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Yes he is, only people that dislikes fun disagrees.
People who DISLIKE FUN, disagree that the absolutely boring fun vacuum that is Aizen, is a good villain.

Sure 4th, whatever you say. :mjlol
Shonen needs over the top absurd villains
Correct.
that can't be logically defeated
Incorrect

ALL well written villains need to be able to be defeated logically, or at least in a manner that isn't random or the clear result of an author writing himself into a corner.

If they can't be defeated logically, then that is simply bad writing.
and give speeches or cool one liners all the time, pressentation is all.
That's all well and good.

The problem is that Aizen's speeches are boring and his one-liners are mid at best, 'cause the dude has little to no personality at all.
Because they exist to lose in the end, either by anticlimactic logic taken to the extreme or even more absurd powerups.
Literally trying to justify bad writing to pretend Aizen's a good villain. :kobeha

Except there are plenty of much better writing, over the top shounen villains whose defeats are far better handled than Aizens.
You're even about to mention some of them. :maybe
And before arguing that, remember that even the villains you actually like are just that (Dio, Meruem, Kira, Kars, Mayuri...)
Difference being those characters are significantly better written, have much more personality and their defeats are much better handled. And despite him being in the same category of villain, Aizen being compared to any of them is a blatant insult and does not make him look better.

Aizen ain't those guys moron, no matter how much you want to pretend he is. :hestonpls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back