• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #30: SHARK SUPREMACY

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
To be fair, some of that shit is on Tabata though.
He's the one who decided to go full Open World with FFXV despite alot of the game was already done when Nomura was kicked out just to have an Open World in a FF game.
Then, he decided to waste time with pointless DLC and crossovers then fix the mess of a story he created which lead to said sacking
I don't recall Nomura having a lot of the game done at all. A bunch of scrapped shit and concepts were all he really had for several years and that's not counting new console generations and shit. The main thing that I assume he had set in stone at least initially from previous trailers was having the command menu battle system, potentially making the game an edgier version of kh2(probably would have been better than what we got tbh).

I could be remembering some stuff wrong though. The whole development of this game is a complete shit show. Basically Square's version of Duke Nukem Forever :mjlol .

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I don't recall Nomura having a lot of the game done at all. A bunch of scrapped shit and concepts were all he really had for several years and that's not counting new console generations and shit. The main thing that I assume he had set in stone at least initially from previous trailers was having the command menu battle system, potentially making the game an edgier version of kh2(probably would have been better than what we got tbh).

I could be remembering some stuff wrong though. The whole development of this game is a complete shit show. Basically Square's version of Duke Nukem Forever :mjlol .

I don't really give a damn either way or not.
Yoshi-P was still able to change shit to something gold, Tabata had far less to need to redo and far less to fuck up compared to Yoshi-P and had a damn good budget to fix what he couldn't for years and instead of prioritizing on the story, he prioritized everything else until it was far, far too late.

I don't give no real kudos to Tabata outside of the obvious fact that he's used as a scapegoat for Squenix and Nomura but that's it. He could have fixed that shit and he failed miserably twice if not 3 times over.

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
Ngl this has gotten me interested in looking into more of the development hell of ff15 just for fun, just to refresh my memory if nothing else :mjlol . It still baffles me that trailers for that game was around in 2009 :kobeha.

Edit: Also Yoshi-P has the magic touch. That magic being competent management of resources among other things. Those types of things are like foreign words to most of Squeenix unfortunately :wow .

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
@Vespa Crabro you play WarZone 2? Because I been noticing a lot of these low IQ streamers who claimed to be hot shit suddenly becoming trash, since Hacktivision had their anti-cheat updated to detect Cronus. :mjlol I had a feeling these niggas were all cheating from the start, but that's just definitive proof. Lads went from playing like zero-recoil beasts to bots who just got on COD for the first time. Pure comedy.:mjlol

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Iliad, Odyssey and the hymns, for the full experience. :mjpls
Yes, although the hymns aren't always attributed to him.

The Aeneid is kind of a letdown. Too derivative from Homer and the narrative structure isn't great. But my friend said if you can read it in the original Latin, it's a brilliant use of the language.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Yes, although the hymns aren't always attributed to him.

The Aeneid is kind of a letdown. Too derivative from Homer and the narrative structure isn't great. But my friend said if you can read it in the original Latin, it's a brilliant use of the language.
Its the same for Homer's work, if you can understand and properly read Ancient Greek. A friend of mine who speaks it told me that. Reading it in English causes a number of beautiful uses of language to be lost in translation.

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
@Vespa Crabro you play WarZone 2? Because I been noticing a lot of these low IQ streamers who claimed to be hot shit suddenly becoming trash, since Hacktivision had their anti-cheat updated to detect Cronus. :mjlol I had a feeling these niggas were all cheating from the start, but that's just definitive proof. Lads went from playing like zero-recoil beasts to bots who just got on COD for the first time. Pure comedy.:mjlol
I usually don’t play warzone or DMZ but I sunk a couple matches in. Thankfully never ran into a cheater like say Doc or Tim/nadeshot have but I’m not surprised most of them are cheating with SIM and Cronus since that was also a huge problem in apex legends too

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
I usually don’t play warzone or DMZ but I sunk a couple matches in. Thankfully never ran into a cheater like say Doc or Tim/nadeshot have but I’m not surprised most of them are cheating with SIM and Cronus since that was also a huge problem in apex legends too
That and blatant wall hacks, which some are stupid enough to show on screen and then act surprised when they get banned. Again, pure comedy. :mjlol

Swap out happy with fulfillment, and this panel would be dead-on.
Post nut clarity can sometimes bring out revelations

wellshite.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back